Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Tranexamic Acid Solution

Quote Originally Posted by dryad View Post
    You'd have better luck if you ordered it through them, I imagine.
    Yes maybe. I don't think it's available for medical purposes in the US without a prescription.

Quote Originally Posted by dryad View Post
    I did, but it's quite a bit different from the protocol used in the rosacea studies. They're crushing pills to make a paste to stop bleeding in emergency situations. That's a much stronger concentration that has been used topically for rosacea and seems potentially risky. A 3% or 5% solution will be a clear liquid.

Brady Barrows
    Join the RRDi

In regard to the measuring of small quantities of a material, quite accurate electronic balances (scales) are available at low cost from numerous places. For measuring liquids, graduated plastic syringes are very cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by johnabetts View Post
    In regard to the measuring of small quantities of a material, quite accurate electronic balances (scales) are available at low cost from numerous places. For measuring liquids, graduated plastic syringes are very cheap.
    OK thank you. I ordered a syringe for measuring and a more accurate scale and am going to stop TA soaking until they arrive. After that I'll continue testing on one side of my face. I'll post back with results if anyone is interested.

By the way, I noticed that one of the studies involving topical tranexamic acid ran blood tests to exclude participants who might be at risk of having a blood clot. I've been assessed for this recently so I'm not concerned, but some caution might be warranted as according to other papers topical TA does appear to get into the bloodstream. It is nonetheless used as a cosmetic ingredient in many products in the US and worldwide.

Quote Originally Posted by johnabetts View Post
    I have mentioned this previously - tranexamic acid powder (pure stuff, no need to mess around crushing tablets and then removing insoluble residues) is available from eBay UK - just search for tranexamic acid.
    Trouble is I don't know if the stuff on ebay is real or pharmacy grade. Ebay, 10g powder 12.99.
    Cyklo-F - (18 tablets at 500mg active ingredient each, 4.5g) works out slightly more expensive (7.50) but prefer the peace of mind knowing it is the genuine product.

Quote Originally Posted by Mknlvi View Post
    Trouble is I don't know if the stuff on ebay is real or pharmacy grade. Ebay, 10g powder 12.99.
    Cyklo-F - (18 tablets at 500mg active ingredient each, 4.5g) works out slightly more expensive (7.50) but prefer the peace of mind knowing it is the genuine product.
    It's definitely a concern. I wonder if there's anything we can do to assess whether it's real.

Quote Originally Posted by jrlhamcat2 View Post
    It's definitely a concern. I wonder if there's anything we can do to assess whether it's real.
    I agree. The original study is an in-clinic treatment using dressings of the acid. I am not aware yet of any reports from patients who have had a significant benefit from other methods of using the acid, whether taking the medication orally or using over the counter topical formulations. There is a lot of discussion, but few positive reports, if any yet, that other methods have worked.

If you have any doubts, you can ask the company supplying the material for a CoA and a guarantee that it is genuine.

The company I have seen on eBay selling tranexamic acid is a well established supplier.