Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tranexamic Acid Solution

Default Tranexamic Acid Solution

There is a new cheap treatment using tranexamic acid solution (Transamin inj/sol 500 mg/5 mL) infused wet dressing for erythematotelangiectatic rosacea. The results of an unblinded study of 20 patients resulted with "All patients were improved in the end of the therapy....The improvement lasted more than four months."

J Cosmet Dermatol. 2018 Aug 11;:
    The new therapeutic choice of tranexamic acid solution in treatment of erythematotelangiectatic rosacea.
    Bageorgou F, Vasalou V, Tzanetakou V, Kontochristopoulos G
    Brady Barrows
    Join the RRDi

Quote Originally Posted by Brady Barrows View Post
    There is a new cheap treatment using tranexamic acid solution (Transamin inj/sol 500 mg/5 mL) infused wet dressing for erythematotelangiectatic rosacea. The results of an unblinded study of 20 patients resulted with "All patients were improved in the end of the therapy....The improvement lasted more than four months."

J Cosmet Dermatol. 2018 Aug 11;:
    The new therapeutic choice of tranexamic acid solution in treatment of erythematotelangiectatic rosacea.
    Bageorgou F, Vasalou V, Tzanetakou V, Kontochristopoulos G
    Hi Brady

Do you know if there is a product available on the market as trialled in this study? I think at the moment you can only get an oral drug formulation of tranexamic acid (which unfortunately will have the wrong impact for rosacea I think because it causes coagulation). Tranexamic acid is available in various combination formations (e.g. in skin lightening products) but I'm not sure if it's easily available in the formulation as used in the study.

I think this would have to be applied by a doctor or their assistant using dressings at the doctor's practice, rather than being available in a prescription format to be used at home.
    Last edited by antwantsclear; 19th August 2018 at 09:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by antwantsclear View Post
    Hi Brady

Do you know if there is a product available on the market as trialled in this study? I think at the moment you can only get an oral drug formulation of tranexamic acid (which unfortunately will have the wrong impact for rosacea I think because it causes coagulation). Tranexamic acid is available in various combination formations (e.g. in skin lightening products) but I'm not sure if it's easily available in the formulation as used in the study.

I think this would have to be applied by a doctor or their assistant using dressings at the doctor's practice, rather than being available in a prescription format to be used at home.
    If you click on the link in the first post, scroll down to the first reply there are a number of over the counter transexamic acid products available.
    Brady Barrows
    Join the RRDi

If you click on the link in the first post, scroll down to the first reply there are a number of over the counter transexamic acid products available.
    Thank you very much for your reply. When I clicked on the link I went through to a page on your site that was only a abstract for the study. Is this the right link? Thanks again for your help - I'm very interested to find high quality products with this ingredient in.

Quote Originally Posted by antwantsclear View Post
    Thank you very much for your reply. When I clicked on the link I went through to a page on your site that was only a abstract for the study. Is this the right link? Thanks again for your help - I'm very interested to find high quality products with this ingredient in.
    Below the abstract look for the list of Amazon Tranexamic Acid Products listed.
    screenshot_tranexamic.jpg
    Brady Barrows
    Join the RRDi

Thanks Brady. Perhaps the dressings using the IV t. acid available on prescription are the best form to try, to achieve the same results of the study.

Tranexamic acid is available in powder form via eBay UK:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tranexami...tXtLxOMg8yre9w

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TRANEXAMI...VaVeSSyqrZyaxA

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1g-Tranex...kAAOSwAHtZ6miw

There are also a number of suppliers on eBay.com
    Last edited by johnabetts; 26th August 2018 at 02:11 PM.

Im not quite sure if I understood the study correctly. They mention "using tranexamic acid solution (Transamin inj/sol 500 mg/5 mL) infused wet dressing". Does that mean they are injecting the solution under the skin? Sorry I have some language problems here

Quote Originally Posted by timo View Post
    Im not quite sure if I understood the study correctly. They mention "using tranexamic acid solution (Transamin inj/sol 500 mg/5 mL) infused wet dressing". Does that mean they are injecting the solution under the skin? Sorry I have some language problems here
    Apparently they soak a dressing (a gauze pad) in a solution of 500 mg of tranexamic acid using 5mL of water. Take the wet dressing and apply it to the skin. I am not sure why they use the 'inj'? Maybe Tom Busby can clarify?

There are over the counter wet pads available that are similar.
    Last edited by Brady Barrows; 26th August 2018 at 07:05 PM.
    Brady Barrows
    Join the RRDi

I am not sure why they use the 'inj'? Maybe Tom Busby can clarify?
    Probably because they have a fixed concentration, so its better for a scientific study.
    I would like to give it a try, to see if it works. However its an ingredient that is used in skin lightening creams, as already mentioned. Im afraid it will lighten up my skin, which is something I dont want.