Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: PDL on August 15th, 2018 on KPRF

Quote Originally Posted by darren1 View Post
    You'll need to give it longer than 2 weeks.

Also, if you want to calm your nervous system, look into magnesium supplementation. It relaxes your heart and eases anxiety.

Avoid magnesium oxide as it is poorly absorbed at only around 4%. Other more bioavailable forms of magnesium are available.

I get some of mine from cacao powder. I have it in my morning smoothies.
    I'll look into it thanks.

Default Update

Currently upset with my face. Some days it's little red, some days it's really red, some days I flush, some days I don't. It is entirely inconsistent. The only consistent thing is that my cheeks are always red to a degree. The more I read about ETS the more I steer away from it. Even though it is stated to have a 90% success rate, the small percentage of the people that do regret it, regret it heavily. The side effects are too extreme for me to do it without trying everything else first.

Currently I plan on trying the bruising PDL and taking a higher dose of venlafaxine. I flushed everyday of last week and I haven't flushed once this week. The only thing that was different between those two weeks were I was in Mexico on a mission-trip during the first week. It wasn't hot in Mexico, I didn't change my skin care routine, nor my medicine intake. It was just being there. Maybe I was stressed, uncomfortable, or emotional even if I didn't realize it.

Once again I will say I don't believe I have severe KPRF or Rosacea. I've always had a little pink/red in my cheeks that never bothered me that much. I don't believe the The little KP I have on my cheeks is causing my flushing or persistent redness. I believe it is because I have a hyperactive nervous system. I have had KP all my life and it has been such a small inconvenience until now. If you think you might have the same thing, check this article out. http://www.gainesonbrains.com/2012/0...es-beyond.html

I don't flush to cold wind, to alcohol, food, exercise, or caffeine. (all triggers of Rosacea and KPRF). Instead, cold wind actually helps my face calm down drastically. It's the first thing I go to when I'm flushed. And alcohol, food, exercising, and caffeine don't effect my face at all.

My only triggers: Emotions (stress, anxiety, embarrassment, and fear of flushing), the sun, and being hot in general.

However, there is a time I can be hot and not flush. The only time I can be hot and not flush is when I take hot showers. My guess is because I am relaxed in the shower and not worried about flushing. And in other cases, when I get hot, I fear flushing because it reminds me of the burning hot feeling on my face when I flush. Thus triggering a chain-reaction/downward spire of emotions and fear of flushing causing me to flush. BUT WHO KNOWS!! AM I RIGHT??

There are still so many questions I have that are unanswered. Hopefully I will get them answered soon.

My two goals are: 1. To fix my painful flushing problem. 2. To remove redness from my cheeks.
    Last edited by DunkWheezy; 29th December 2018 at 06:14 PM.

Default Bruising PDL

I have a PDL appointment scheduled for test spots. We will try a couple settings and wait around a month and then do whichever reduces the redness the most. Since bruising treatment will break the capillaries, it should technically remove the redness for at least a short period of time. I will keep this updated.

Quote Originally Posted by DunkWheezy View Post
    I have a PDL appointment scheduled for test spots. We will try a couple settings and wait around a month and then do whichever reduces the redness the most. Since bruising treatment will break the capillaries, it should technically remove the redness for at least a short period of time. I will keep this updated.
    Hang in there, man. Definitely keep us updated. I think you will benefit far more from purpuric treatments than nonpurpuric. You'll likely need several treatments, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you that you see improvement. 👍

Quote Originally Posted by DunkWheezy View Post
    Currently upset with my face. Some days it's little red, some days it's really red, some days I flush, some days I don't. It is entirely inconsistent. The only consistent thing is that my cheeks are always red to a degree. The more I read about ETS the more I steer away from it. Even though it is stated to have a 90% success rate, the small percentage of the people that do regret it, regret it heavily. The side effects are too extreme for me to do it without trying everything else first.

Currently I plan on trying the bruising PDL and taking a higher dose of venlafaxine. I flushed everyday of last week and I haven't flushed once this week. The only thing that was different between those two weeks were I was in Mexico on a mission-trip during the first week. It wasn't hot in Mexico, I didn't change my skin care routine, nor my medicine intake. It was just being there. Maybe I was stressed, uncomfortable, or emotional even if I didn't realize it.

Once again I will say I don't believe I have severe KPRF or Rosacea. I've always had a little pink/red in my cheeks that never bothered me that much. I don't believe the The little KP I have on my cheeks is causing my flushing or persistent redness. I believe it is because I have a hyperactive nervous system. I have had KP all my life and it has been such a small inconvenience until now. If you think you might have the same thing, check this article out. http://www.gainesonbrains.com/2012/0...es-beyond.html

I don't flush to cold wind, to alcohol, food, exercise, or caffeine. (all triggers of Rosacea and KPRF). Instead, cold wind actually helps my face calm down drastically. It's the first thing I go to when I'm flushed. And alcohol, food, exercising, and caffeine don't effect my face at all.

My only triggers: Emotions (stress, anxiety, embarrassment, and fear of flushing), the sun, and being hot in general.

However, there is a time I can be hot and not flush. The only time I can be hot and not flush is when I take hot showers. My guess is because I am relaxed in the shower and not worried about flushing. And in other cases, when I get hot, I fear flushing because it reminds me of the burning hot feeling on my face when I flush. Thus triggering a chain-reaction/downward spire of emotions and fear of flushing causing me to flush. BUT WHO KNOWS!! AM I RIGHT??

There are still so many questions I have that are unanswered. Hopefully I will get them answered soon.

My two goals are: 1. To fix my painful flushing problem. 2. To remove redness from my cheeks.
    Also, about ETS: I think I have that myself to a certain degree. I have social anxiety, and growing up, being in just about any social situation that I wasn't comfortable with was enough to make me flush. It was super embarrassing and I hated it so much. In recent years, though, anti-anxiety meds have really helped curb this for me. Perhaps becoming more confident in general might have something to do with it as well. But yeah, if you still think you might have that, I would hold off on having that procedure done and stick with your plan to do a series of purpuric laser treatments. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by kfranke View Post
    Hang in there, man. Definitely keep us updated. I think you will benefit far more from purpuric treatments than nonpurpuric. You'll likely need several treatments, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you that you see improvement. 👍
    Wow thanks for the encouragement man.

Quote Originally Posted by kfranke View Post
    Also, about ETS: I think I have that myself to a certain degree. I have social anxiety, and growing up, being in just about any social situation that I wasn't comfortable with was enough to make me flush. It was super embarrassing and I hated it so much. In recent years, though, anti-anxiety meds have really helped curb this for me. Perhaps becoming more confident in general might have something to do with it as well. But yeah, if you still think you might have that, I would hold off on having that procedure done and stick with your plan to do a series of purpuric laser treatments. Good luck!
    So I have never had social anxiety and don't believe I do now either. I am a very confident person and willing to talk to anyone. Heat is my main trigger. I have never flushed from talking to someone. I rarely flush from stress but have in the passed. I also found out the my thyroid is hypoactive. This may or may not have something to do with it. I'll be sure and come back to that.

Default PDL Feb 21st

The plan right now is to do a bruising PDL treatment Feb 21st and hopefully it reduce redness and flushing. I upped the dose I take of venlafaxine and I think it is helping a bit. I now take 75mg twice a day, which seems to make my flushes less severe now. I'll let you guys know how the PDL goes.

Default PDL 21st

So I didn't do PDL on the 21st because the derm wouldn't do the settings I asked for once again. So this time I am going to a more expensive derm and making sure they have the settings I want (basically anything that will cause purpura) and will do it soon. I am doing free IPL test spots with a bunch of different settings tomorrow to see if they have any affect. I will let you guys know but I am pretty sure it won't do anything. But might as well try if its free.
    Last edited by DunkWheezy; 1st March 2019 at 12:29 AM.

Default Mirvaso

So it has been confirmed by my favorite derm that I have KPRF and not anything else. Which is good news because KP usually goes away around age 30. Still a long way away haha. So she wanted me to try Mirvaso and see if it rebounds or not because for some it works and for others they will get a unavoidable rebound flush. The first day I used mirvaso was amazing! I haven't had a day like that in a long time. My face was entirely clear of redness. I suspected that it would rebound however, and didn't get my hopes up too high. Sure enough, I had a rebound and will no longer be using mirvaso.
    Last edited by DunkWheezy; 1st March 2019 at 02:41 PM.