Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: PDL on August 15th, 2018 on KPRF

Default Update

It has been a little over 3 weeks since PDL. My cheeks look great! Very happy so far with outcome. There is hope after all! Although I believe that PDL did help with my redness, I don't entirely believe it helped with flushing/blushing. Well, it did but I think that's just a placebo effect. My flushing/blushing comes from stress, anxiety, and heat. Not only have been avoiding those three triggers so that the blood vessels in my cheeks don't dilate while I'm healing, but also the fact that I've had PDL gives me a good attitude and makes me think I won't flush. I think to entirely get red of my flushes, I need to get on some anti-anxiety medicine or under go ETS surgery. ETS is endoscopic thoracic sympathectomy. This is a surgical procedure where the nerves that cause the facial blood vessels to dilate (widen) are cut. Really considering this surgery as the side effects almost seem to be worth it. I'm still doing research on it however.
    IMG-9503.jpgIMG-9508.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by DunkWheezy View Post
    It has been a little over 3 weeks since PDL. My cheeks look great! Very happy so far with outcome. There is hope after all! Although I believe that PDL did help with my redness, I don't entirely believe it helped with flushing/blushing. Well, it did but I think that's just a placebo effect. My flushing/blushing comes from stress, anxiety, and heat. Not only have been avoiding those three triggers so that the blood vessels in my cheeks don't dilate while I'm healing, but also the fact that I've had PDL gives me a good attitude and makes me think I won't flush. I think to entirely get red of my flushes, I need to get on some anti-anxiety medicine or under go ETS surgery. ETS is endoscopic thoracic sympathectomy. This is a surgical procedure where the nerves that cause the facial blood vessels to dilate (widen) are cut. Really considering this surgery as the side effects almost seem to be worth it. I'm still doing research on it however.
    IMG-9503.jpgIMG-9508.jpg
    Your skin looks great man, so even a non-pupuric helped with your redness? Its only been 3 weeks, so hold off on any other treatments, as over time I believe you'll see a reduction in your flushing. The skin will still be in the repair stage - I am in week 3 post-vbeam, and my skin is has starten to worsen after a good initial 2 weeks, but keeping positive as know its all part of the repair process. Happy for you getting such good results.

I think to entirely get red of my flushes, I need to get on some anti-anxiety medicine or under go ETS surgery. ETS is endoscopic thoracic sympathectomy. This is a surgical procedure where the nerves that cause the facial blood vessels to dilate (widen) are cut. Really considering this surgery as the side effects almost seem to be worth it. I'm still doing research on it however.
    I strongly advise against that. I've heard numerous reports of that going wrong and causing more harm than good.

The flushing might be something you can get under control by other means. My flushing is not nearly as bad as it usedbe, even in stressful situations.

Food was a big one for me - perhaps the main issue - and daily meditation since 2015 has helped me calm my mind.
    I'm recovering from Mirvaso-induced skin damage. Ask me about it if you are too.

• Read about my PDL and IPL, with videos.

Quote Originally Posted by darren1 View Post
    I strongly advise against that. I've heard numerous reports of that going wrong and causing more harm than good.

The flushing might be something you can get under control by other means. My flushing is not nearly as bad as it usedbe, even in stressful situations.

Food was a big one for me - perhaps the main issue - and daily meditation since 2015 has helped me calm my mind.
    Most of those bad reports are people that struggled with excessive sweating and did the ETS surgery to help that not flushing/blushing. The biggest side effect of the surgery is compensation sweating. I do not sweat a lot and this most likely would not be a problem. There are many positive reviews on the ETS surgery Dr. Nelson does here https://www.vitals.com/doctors/Dr_David_Nielson/reviews Look for the reviews that talk about that flushing and blushing
    Last edited by DunkWheezy; 14th November 2018 at 04:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Seb91 View Post
    Your skin looks great man, so even a non-pupuric helped with your redness? Its only been 3 weeks, so hold off on any other treatments, as over time I believe you'll see a reduction in your flushing. The skin will still be in the repair stage - I am in week 3 post-vbeam, and my skin is has starten to worsen after a good initial 2 weeks, but keeping positive as know its all part of the repair process. Happy for you getting such good results.
    Thanks man! Yes the non-pupuric PDL did help with the redness. However, I also believe avoiding flushing at all costs has made the biggest difference. I think that since the blood vessels haven't dilated in awhile they are beginning to close. I think if I flush they would re-open and most likely stay red for a good while. That sound right to you?

Thanks man! Yes the non-pupuric PDL did help with the redness. However, I also believe avoiding flushing at all costs has made the biggest difference. I think that since the blood vessels haven't dilated in awhile they are beginning to close. I think if I flush they would re-open and most likely stay red for a good while. That sound right to you?
    This happened to me. A few months after my first PDL I flushed hard after eating something that triggered me BAD and I eneded up developing additional permanent red patches of skin either side of my face, on the jaw area.

Yeah, you really don't want to be flushing after PDL. Mind you, my original issue was Mirvaso induced redness, and my skin has never been quite right after that even though I only used it twice in 2017.
    I'm recovering from Mirvaso-induced skin damage. Ask me about it if you are too.

Default Beta blockers and ETS

I am starting to think my flushing/vasodilation is caused by Idiopathic Craniofacial Erythema and not KPRF. Although I do have KP on my arms and face, I believe after hours and hours of research, that my flushing is caused by Idiopathic Craniofacial Erythema. My nervous system is hyperactive. I believe this because I only flush when under stress, anxiety, embarrassment, or fear of flushing. Idiopathic Craniofacial Erythema is classified as a disease of the autonomic (involuntary) nervous
    system. It is linked to the syndromes of craniofacial, palmar and axillary hyperhidrosis (face, hand, and armpit sweating). Severe blushing is a side effect of this disease. I am currently being put on a very very small dose of beta blockers to see if that will have an effect on my flushing. Beta blockers are used to slow your heart rate down and manage symptoms of anxiety, such as blushing and heart palpitations. Blushing can be a side effect of anxiety or stress and in my case that is when I flush.

I've read a lot on ETS surgery (the blocking of or cutting of nerves in your armpit right above second rib to prevent flushing) and encourage people to read on it just in case they have Idiopathic Craniofacial Erythema and not flushing caused by KPRF. Here is the link to the PDF https://www.lapsurgeryaustralia.com....t_2011_web.pdf

One of the most encouraging things I've read in awhile was,

"Surgery for any condition should always be the last resort. Blocking the sympathetic nerves will, for the
    majority of people with severe facial blushing, provide a significant improvement in quality of life. This
    assumes that your facial blushing condition is a major impediment to your lifestyle. With any surgery,
    complications can occur even though they may be unusual.
    Side-effects with ETS surgery can occur and a small minority of people, less than 5% in most published
    studies, will regret having the operation. For around 85 - 90% of people who have the surgery for the
    right reason, the result will be a significant improvement in quality of life."

All the side effects of the surgery are listed in the PDF and it is encouraging to have something as a last resort. I do not want to do this surgery, however, this condition has had a major impact on my life and I will do what it takes to remove it.
    Last edited by DunkWheezy; 21st November 2018 at 10:32 PM.

Default Pdl

Also, I believe PDL is a waste of time until you have flushing/blushing under control. Because as soon as you flush again, the work that the PDL did is removed. Your blood vessels are reopened. So, I do not plan on doing another PDL treatment until I have flushing 100% under control. However, flushing isn't really something you can get "under control" as of now. So, PDL might be best with an annual treatment to keep your blood vessels down.
    Last edited by DunkWheezy; 1st March 2019 at 01:26 AM.

Default Beta blockers

Been on beta blockers for 2 weeks now and they don't do anything for my flushing.
    Last edited by DunkWheezy; 1st March 2019 at 01:25 AM.

Been on beta blockers for 2 weeks now and I'm not 100% if it is helping or not. I do think it puts a cap on how severe my flush I can get.
    You'll need to give it longer than 2 weeks.

Also, if you want to calm your nervous system, look into magnesium supplementation. It relaxes your heart and eases anxiety.

Avoid magnesium oxide as it is poorly absorbed at only around 4%. Other more bioavailable forms of magnesium are available.

I get some of mine from cacao powder. I have it in my morning smoothies.