Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: PDL on August 15th, 2018 on KPRF

Default Anyone still healing?

Anyone have updates on their PDL they posted on this forum? I'd like to see how you guys are doing after purpura and if it has any effect on your flushing. Thanks!

Default Oxymetazoline 0.05% Nasal Spray

I did some research and found out that nasal spray has a vasoconstrictor in it called oxymetazoline. I tried it on my face and it works very well and I recommend giving it a shot. I've done it every day for a week and haven't had a rebound. I spray the nasal spray with oxymetazoline 0.05% on my face and gently rub it in. The spray doesn't cause a rebound and is a vasoconstrictor and reduces redness quite a bit, like, 40-50% within an hour. I don't know how this will work on rosacea but it worked on my KPRF pretty well. It is the best topical thing i've used for my face.
    Last edited by DunkWheezy; 2nd March 2019 at 05:26 AM.

Default Oxymetazoline Nasal Spray

I had a little flush and I put the nasal cream on. Here is during the flush and an hour after applying the nasal spray
    IMG-0443.jpgIMG-0444.jpg

Default Problem with Spray

The only problem I've found with Oxymetazoline is it makes my skin dry over time. I stopped using it.

Default Don't think I can relate to this forum

I found out recently that my blushing/flushing is not because of my KPRF, but my overactive nervous system. Make sure you know the differences between flushing and blushing. Flushing is caused by external things like; heat, sun, walking into a warm room from cold, etc... Blushing is caused by internal things like; anxiety, stress, adrenaline, thinking too much, and fear of blushing. I currently plan on getting my blushing under control and then doing PDL again. I have flushing under control with venlafaxine. I don't flush to hot showers or other external things. The hot showers actually help the redness on my face and I now know why. Hot water calms the nervous system and drops your blood pressure. So, as soon as I have blushing under control, I will do PDL to get rid on any left over redness and be done with this struggle!!!! I am currently trying Clonidine for blushing and it is working so far!! It has rebounds so I am trying to stay on it 24/7. If this doesn't work I will try Zoloft. If that doesn't I will move to Micro ETS with Dr. Neilson.

Default test

Hey guys,

this is a great thread. Have you ever heard about other lasers?

PS I've copied and pasted some of your sentences about the laser settings in the KPRF forum I've created. I' m just trying to collect all the data I can find on KPRF to find something that works..

I read that NT YAG laser is the best for flushing/ blushing, but I need to find somewhere the settings that work ehhe. Probably the way is exactly how you said: break the flushing / blushing problem (maybe with this NT YAG) and then go with PDL for the redness
    Last edited by jkd; 16th June 2019 at 09:13 PM.