Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: PDL on August 15th, 2018 on KPRF

Default PDL on August 15th, 2018 on KPRF

I have KPRF on my cheeks and am doing PDL August 15th. I plan on taking pictures and posting them on this thread if anyone wants to see. I am 18 years old and my cheeks became red out of no where last semester. Baseline redness is the thing that annoys me most. I've gotten control of my flushing using venlafaxine. My cheeks get more red if I put pressure on them, get embarrassed, or get hot. I look like a 14 year old and believe I am still going through puberty. At least I hope so haha. My dad didn't grow till college so we will see. KPRF is not only painful, but a very hard mental challenge. It's sad how much I fear what people think of me even though this is something I didn't cause. However, I believe everything happens for a reason and hopefully I will grow through this trial. My expectation is that I will solve the problem, its just a matter of time and a matter of strategy. The answer exists. I don't plan on completely getting rid of my redness but I would like to significantly reduce it.

I will probably have another treatment or two after this one. I'll keep it updated.

Ok so it has been 8 days since PDL and wow I can already tell a difference. My first treatment was done on a low setting that doesn't bruise. The machine was set to 7 joules at 10ms. I cannot upload pictures since I am a new user or something. Ok so the first day my face was red and swollen. 2nd day was swollen but a lot less red. 3rd day was red and less swollen. Today I notice a 20% decrease in baseline redness. Not only that but there are little white spots appearing everyday on my cheeks. Maybe places where the laser worked better for some reason. I did a total of 98 pulses. 49 on each cheek. I played soccer yesterday and got hot and sweaty and checked a mirror right after. I wasn't flushed or dark red at all. Just baseline redness. Wow. I will keep this updated as I do more treaments.
    Last edited by DunkWheezy; 26th September 2018 at 02:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DunkWheezy View Post
    Ok so it has been 8 days since PDL and wow I can already tell a difference. My first treatment was done on a low setting that doesn't bruise. I will edit this post when I find out the settings that the machine was on. I cannot upload pictures since I am a new user or something. Ok so the first day my face was red and swollen. 2nd day was swollen but a lot less red. 3rd day was red and less swollen. Today I notice a 20% decrease in baseline redness. Not only that but there are little white spots appearing everyday on my cheeks. Maybe places where the laser worked better for some reason. I did a total of 98 pulses. 49 on each cheek. I played soccer yesterday and got hot and sweaty and checked a mirror right after. I wasn't flushed or dark red at all. Just baseline redness. Wow. I will keep this updated as I do more treaments.
    Great news and wishing you continued success post PDL

May I ask you what dosage of venlafaxine you find helpful ?

Wishing you continued healing and healthy skin,
    Bluedog

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
    Great news and wishing you continued success post PDL

May I ask you what dosage of venlafaxine you find helpful ?

Wishing you continued healing and healthy skin,
    Bluedog
    I use a 37.5mg pill. Once at night (around 6pm) and once in the morning (around 8am or when I wake up). I take it twice because I noticed that when I took it once and day and forgot to take it, I would flush. So this way I am on the pill 24/7.

Edit: This dosage is now 75mg
    Last edited by DunkWheezy; 1st March 2019 at 01:33 AM.

So yesterday I sat in a hot room for about an hour and looked in the mirror right after. I was pretty red but not as red as usual. Once I left the hot room and got into ac, the redness only lasted another 10min. A fantastic improvement although still disappointed I still kind of flush in hot situations. Sometimes those situations are unavoidable.

Quote Originally Posted by DunkWheezy View Post
    So yesterday I sat in a hot room for about an hour and looked in the mirror right after. I was pretty red but not as red as usual. Once I left the hot room and got into ac, the redness only lasted another 10min. A fantastic improvement although still disappointed I still kind of flush in hot situations. Sometimes those situations are unavoidable.
    Too early to tell, give it some more time. I see most improvement from week 4 onwards.

Hope it continues to improve.

I'm approaching six weeks and still have residual bruising, hyperpigmentation and flecks of redness. It's taking me much longer to heal than it did last time but then the treatment I had this time was much heavier, especially on my left cheek.

I can see though that I'm going to need another PDL at some point - perhaps on gentle settings - to clear up bits of skin that were missed by the laser. Letting the derm leave gaps was a bone of contention and I wish I'd stood my ground on that issue.

For anyone else who had had PDL, do you think giving it a good 3 months is reasonable to really see how the treatment has worked. Even at six weeks here, I'm thinking I need to give it another six.
    I'm recovering from Mirvaso-induced skin damage. Ask me about it if you are too.

• Read about my PDL and IPL, with videos.

Quote Originally Posted by darren1 View Post
    I'm approaching six weeks and still have residual bruising, hyperpigmentation and flecks of redness. It's taking me much longer to heal than it did last time but then the treatment I had this time was much heavier, especially on my left cheek.

I can see though that I'm going to need another PDL at some point - perhaps on gentle settings - to clear up bits of skin that were missed by the laser. Letting the derm leave gaps was a bone of contention and I wish I'd stood my ground on that issue.

For anyone else who had had PDL, do you think giving it a good 3 months is reasonable to really see how the treatment has worked. Even at six weeks here, I'm thinking I need to give it another six.
    Darren,

How severe was your treatment. I do remember seeing your pictures somewhere and remembering it was pretty bruised. Here is my latest treatment in April, I saw improvement in redness and flushing after 3 weeks I would day. Was 1.5mm, 13 joules I think. This Vbeam helped me massively get through this summer actually, and I reacted really well to it. I have another one booked at the end of October as my skin has got bad again. Hope that helps.

IMG_0325.jpg

unnamed.jpg

Today (16 days since treatment) I noticed a skin colored streak on my right cheek at baseline redness. I don't know if it you stay skin color if I flush though.

unnamed (1).jpg

Since it is hard to see the streak in photo, I turned the exposure down so you can see it. It's kinda more of a blotch if anything.