Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: What foods are triggering you the most?

Quote Originally Posted by Johndlwdbm View Post
    Very interesting post.
    Do you remember what dose of accutane you took and for how long. I am on it now at a low dose of 5mg a day, it is definitely helping my nose swelling (don't have any pustules or acne, just flushing and swelling).
    The only other thing that has previously helped is strict diet and what you've posted has piqued my interest in EGF-R. Is the list of foods you mentioned that bind the gut EGF-R all of them?? or are there many more.
    I'm having trouble finding any list of foods that bind the gut EGF-R. Would definitely like to try a diet cutting all known EGF-R foods out.
    I can't remember the exact dose but it was pretty high. At least 60mg. I took 2 courses of it which lasted almost a year. Worst decision of my life.

I had the same question about whether that list of foods I posted encompasses all known lectins that bind to the EGFR. Unfortunately, it's hard to research. At least the foods listed seem to correspond with the foods I've always known I've had trouble with.

The other thing I try to limit is high histamine foods which aggravate my rosacea and seborrheic dermatitis. I also take supplements to repair my stomach and intestine which not only helps my face but helps combat the permanent folliculitis on my scalp that Accutane gave me. L-glutamine, black seed, butyrate, and many others are good at repairing your gut lining. Perhaps the best thing I've tried - despite being disgusting - is fresh cabbage juice. Nothing repairs the stomach like cabbage juice - not even prescription meds.

While on Accutane you should try to protect your gut. It's a chemotherapy drug so it goes after rapidly dividing cells - your skin, brain, and gut.

Raw onion and garlic, also onion powder.

Hi Mistica, my issue is the volume of dairy, the Oak milk being 600ml in 5 seconds lol. I haven't tried all the fancy stuff like lactose free or skim milks etc etc

I can have a slice of cheese on a sandwich, no problem, I can put a small amount of full cream milk on cereal, no problem, but if I indulge and have a full bowl of milk with cereal, I will flush.

If I have a "high powered" ice cream, Magnum as an example, I will feel it, but I can have your basic choc top vanilla no problem. So my perception is, volume of dairy per intake as a problem as well as the sugar content obviously.

Gotta say, I started Soolantra about October, only did it for 2 weeks (I know not enough time, but i'm lazy) and I was fantastic for a couple of months, all through Chrissy, only last week did I start to flush again, co-incidentally back at work so stress is a factor, so I am back to Soolantra at night. Even the application is so damn soothing.......

Quote Originally Posted by xcvq View Post
    I can't remember the exact dose but it was pretty high. At least 60mg. I took 2 courses of it which lasted almost a year. Worst decision of my life.

I had the same question about whether that list of foods I posted encompasses all known lectins that bind to the EGFR. Unfortunately, it's hard to research. At least the foods listed seem to correspond with the foods I've always known I've had trouble with.

The other thing I try to limit is high histamine foods which aggravate my rosacea and seborrheic dermatitis. I also take supplements to repair my stomach and intestine which not only helps my face but helps combat the permanent folliculitis on my scalp that Accutane gave me. L-glutamine, black seed, butyrate, and many others are good at repairing your gut lining. Perhaps the best thing I've tried - despite being disgusting - is fresh cabbage juice. Nothing repairs the stomach like cabbage juice - not even prescription meds.

While on Accutane you should try to protect your gut. It's a chemotherapy drug so it goes after rapidly dividing cells - your skin, brain, and gut.
    How do you make the cabbage juice ?

Quote Originally Posted by Pantherman View Post
    Hi Mistica, my issue is the volume of dairy, the Oak milk being 600ml in 5 seconds lol. I haven't tried all the fancy stuff like lactose free or skim milks etc etc

I can have a slice of cheese on a sandwich, no problem, I can put a small amount of full cream milk on cereal, no problem, but if I indulge and have a full bowl of milk with cereal, I will flush.

If I have a "high powered" ice cream, Magnum as an example, I will feel it, but I can have your basic choc top vanilla no problem. So my perception is, volume of dairy per intake as a problem as well as the sugar content obviously.

Gotta say, I started Soolantra about October, only did it for 2 weeks (I know not enough time, but i'm lazy) and I was fantastic for a couple of months, all through Chrissy, only last week did I start to flush again, co-incidentally back at work so stress is a factor, so I am back to Soolantra at night. Even the application is so damn soothing.......
    Or carbs not dairy so much maybe that?s why cereal flares you it?s high in carbs

Celery juice is great for the GI tract. It doesn?t taste great, but it works.

Quote Originally Posted by Pantherman View Post

be wary for flushing that come back at a later time with soolantra and other creams like Mirvaso

Quote Originally Posted by TSW1988 View Post
    be wary for flushing that come back at a later time with soolantra and other creams like Mirvaso
    Maybe I have missed something, but can you cite some anecdotal reports (posts) here in RF that indicate that Soolantra causes 'later' flushing? I don't recall anyone else ever saying this. As for Mirvaso, RF is replete with plenty of threads on Mirvaso (brimonidine) rebound which some may interpret as 'flushing' but it is actually different and the line between rebound and an allergic reaction is something to consider.

With Soolantra, either it works for a rosacean or doesn't work, and the standard time it takes to work is at least twelve weeks. Haven't heard of anyone complaining of any kind of complaint that it causes flushing, in fact, as I recall some have reported it helps their flushing.

As for Mirvaso, either a rosacean raves about it and just loves it, or as what a substantial number of posters here at RF have confirmed, it causes a nasty rebound when you go off it and for some it causes an immediate allergic reaction to using it.
    Last edited by Brady Barrows; 1st February 2021 at 07:24 PM.
    Brady Barrows
    Blog - Join the RRDi