Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The best antibiotics

Default The best antibiotics

What's for you the best antibiotics for acne rosacea Papules.
    I know there is doxycycline (tetracycline) like tolexine (tetracycline) but if you have other good comeback with other antibiotics it would be cool.
    Cause my acne rosacea is bad now o-o think I was controlling it with doxy 100 and before with tolexine 100 but now it's not so good as before
    Thks

Quote Originally Posted by hart07 View Post
    What's for you the best antibiotics for acne rosacea Papules.
    I know there is doxycycline (tetracycline) like tolexine (tetracycline) but if you have other good comeback with other antibiotics it would be cool.
    Cause my acne rosacea is bad now o-o think I was controlling it with doxy 100 and before with tolexine 100 but now it's not so good as before
    Thks
    NO antibiotics.

Have you posted photos of your skin for us to see?
    How I was cured from Demodectic / Demodex Rosacea (Types 1 & 2 & nearing 3), Seborrhoeic Dermatitis and Eczema

Got a smartphone? Then please post a non-revealing pic of your face/skin to www.imgur.com, instead of using walls of text to describe it to us. It may be the best thing you've ever done!

No I don't post any pics but I got mainly papules or red bump on my forehead, nose temples
    I use rozex it looks to work cause it erase redness but not for all, on the temples it seems to not work.
    On the temples it's little red dot very tiny and it gave skin redness look a little bit brown
    But usually they come back at the same place much later.
    I am constipated also I know it's not good for gut
    I took pro pre biotics also
    But usually I go 2 times to water closed by week perhaps 3 times
    I eat good and fresh food and gluten free mainly
    Never drink alcool or junk food and don't smoke
    2 showers a day
    Last edited by hart07; 25th July 2018 at 04:36 PM.

Did they test you for Demodex Skin Mites? Too many dermatologists rely on purely visual exams when diagnosing these skin conditions, Dermatologists need to test up front to diagnose bacterial, fungal or demodex skin mites. The treatments that work for all of these conditions are different.

If your rosacea is caused by Demodex, the mites cause pustules when they die off on a 14-24 day cycle. Antibiotics won't help kill the demodex. If the primary cause is demodex, the antibiotics might help a secondary bacterial infection for a few weeks. If the underlying cause is a fungal infection, the antibiotics won't help.

I had demodex and was misdiagnosed by 4 different dematologists for years. None of the dermatologists ever ran a single test to determine the cause of the skin problem or why all the different antibiotics and topicals they prescribed didn't work.

If the dermatologist hasn't tested you to pinpoint the cause, ask that they run tests.
    Last edited by ElaineA; 25th July 2018 at 05:10 PM.

I saw a lot of derm
    At start they told me it's seb derm then another the last one told me it's demodex but I never got a test
    If bacterial its antibiotics
    If fungal it's ketodetm or other I think
    If demodex soolantra, rozex
    Actually I take antibiotics doxy 100 and put the night before to sleep rozex and 15minutes later moisturizer only on the rozex area where are papules.

What's the test for demodex made by the derm?

No I don't post any pics but I got mainly papules or red bump on my forehead, nose temples
    Please post a non-revealing pic of your face/skin to www.imgur.com, instead of using walls of text to describe it to us. It may be the best thing you've ever done!
    How I was cured from Demodectic / Demodex Rosacea (Types 1 & 2 & nearing 3), Seborrhoeic Dermatitis and Eczema

Got a smartphone? Then please post a non-revealing pic of your face/skin to www.imgur.com, instead of using walls of text to describe it to us. It may be the best thing you've ever done!

I saw a lot of derm
    At start they told me it's seb derm then another the last one told me it's demodex but I never got a test
    If bacterial its antibiotics
    If fungal it's ketodetm or other I think
    If demodex soolantra, rozex
    Actually I take antibiotics doxy 100 and put the night before to sleep rozex and 15minutes later moisturizer only on the rozex area where are papules.

What's the test for demodex made by the derm?
    I know of at least 2 ways to test for Demodex - basically they collect a sample, put the sample on a microscope slide and try to count the mites:

1. Collect sample directly onto a microscope slide: Put a sticky substance on a microscope slide, stick a slide to an active area - usually one per side of face or other active areas. Then just pull the slides off the skin with the sample.
    2. Skin Scraping: The doctor will do a skin scraping and put the skin flakes on a microscope slide.

The slides with the sample will be examined under a microscope. They try to manually count the number of demodex on the sample slide(s). If the number of mites is high enough, then they will diagnose demodex. Counting mites on the slides under the microscope can be a bit tricky. The mites don't like light and tend to scuttle to the sides of the microscope slide.

Thks for replies ElaineA
    On one temple I got little red dot cluster (looks like pinkness redness from away)
    And on my forehead is papules but I try to keep control with rozex on the forehead
    Any of them come back and 1 or two never gone
    And on the temple I put nothing

Here is pictures of my temples

Here is pictures of my temples
    Any pics of the rest of your face?

Your skin doesn't really look red/inflamed.