Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My second full face vBeam/Laser/PDL following Mirvaso skin damage

Darren-

Congrats on your success! Do you happen to know your laser settings? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by sg321 View Post
    Darren-

Congrats on your success! Do you happen to know your laser settings? Thanks.
    I didn't ask what the settings were. I will in future.

I think I'm still healing from this treatment despite it being over 4 months since I was treated. I had hyperpigmentation as a result of the heavy bruising and the bits of skin that were missed look slightly worse on account of the phenomenon of blood being pushed to the sides instead of back.

Early this month I had a fairly strong IPL. This was my first IPL, and ever since I've been applying aloe vera to my face several times a day, and will continue doing so.

I see some real signs of improvement although the blanched white skin is slow to reveal itself and is showing up as small blobs and speckles rather than any sort of fading.

I'll be having another IPL in January and possibly another PDL at some point in 2019.
    I'm recovering from Mirvaso-induced skin damage. Ask me about it if you are too.

• Read about my PDL and IPL, with videos.

Quote Originally Posted by darren1 View Post
    I didn't ask what the settings were. I will in future.

I think I'm still healing from this treatment despite it being over 4 months since I was treated. I had hyperpigmentation as a result of the heavy bruising and the bits of skin that were missed look slightly worse on account of the phenomenon of blood being pushed to the sides instead of back.

Early this month I had a fairly strong IPL. This was my first IPL, and ever since I've been applying aloe vera to my face several times a day, and will continue doing so.

I see some real signs of improvement although the blanched white skin is slow to reveal itself and is showing up as small blobs and speckles rather than any sort of fading.

I'll be having another IPL in January and possibly another PDL at some point in 2019.

Is it the same doctor at Circle hospital Nottingham doing the IPL and PDL?

Is it safe to have both of these treatments? Is it best not to just have one?

Quote Originally Posted by aguycalledphil View Post
    Is it the same doctor at Circle hospital Nottingham doing the IPL and PDL?

Is it safe to have both of these treatments? Is it best not to just have one?
    No I'm having the IPL performed by a GP running a private practice out of his clinic. He actually trained with the late DR Peter Crouch.
    Last edited by darren1; 29th November 2018 at 02:13 PM. Reason: spelling
    I'm recovering from Mirvaso-induced skin damage. Ask me about it if you are too.

Know I'm having the IPL performed by a GP running a private practice out of his clinic. He actually trained with the late DR Peter Crouch.

How much is this IPL per session? Is your NHS GP doing this work?

Quote Originally Posted by aguycalledphil View Post
    How much is this IPL per session? Is your NHS GP doing this work?
    The IPL is 250 for the full face. It's not my GP, it's just a localish GP who is doing private cosmetic work.

I'm having another PDL session on Friday 18th January. This will be to remove the pockets of redness that were left behind from my last session.

When I go out in the cold and then come back into the warmth, if I look in the mirror, the left side of my face is blotchy with flecks of pinkness where the laser midded. You can actually perfect circles or normal skin tone in places.

I really need full bruising again, only this time it really will be more a spot treatment, which is what PDL is really all about. My last treatment involved lasering larger areas.

I'm having another PDL session on Friday 18th January. This will be to remove the pockets of redness that were left behind from my last session.

When I go out in the cold and then come back into the warmth, if I look in the mirror, the left side of my face is blotchy with flecks of pinkness where the laser midded. You can actually perfect circles or normal skin tone in places.

I really need full bruising again, only this time it really will be more a spot treatment, which is what PDL is really all about. My last treatment involved lasering larger areas.
    Hi

I hope all goes well on Fri 18 1 2019. It would be interesting if you could explain how you prepare before surgery. Do you come drive home afterwards and what do you
    do? Do you put aloe vera gel on? I mentioned arnica tablets to help healing times, but that's only 2nd hand advice from a vlogger. How long are you going to spend indoors
    before vemturing out? How long will you use factor 50 suncream for?

Regards

Phil

Hi Darren,
    Where abouts a in the UK do you have the v beam?

Quote Originally Posted by red devil View Post
    Hi Darren,
    Where abouts a in the UK do you have the v beam?
    Nottingham