Thread: New to Rosacea...

Default New to Rosacea...

Hi Everyone

I have recently been diagnosed and it has been a real learning to curve. I am currently learning what works and doesn't work for me, a bit of trial and error. I am also looking for my triggers.

I have just started using the AZclear cleanser and cream before moisturizing and makeup. It has calmed my skin down a lot, however I find I can only use the cream at night as it seems to rub off and turn into little white balls on my skin. I have been reading about Avene products today and I am keen to try their range.

Is there such a thing as a calming/soothing cream that also moisturizes and helps with mature skin? I seem to only find calming/soothing or mature skin.

Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by MinaNZ View Post
    Hi Everyone
    I have recently been diagnosed and it has been a real learning to curve. I am currently learning what works and doesn't work for me, a bit of trial and error. I am also looking for my triggers.
    I have just started using the AZclear cleanser and cream before moisturizing and makeup. It has calmed my skin down a lot, however I find I can only use the cream at night as it seems to rub off and turn into little white balls on my skin. I have been reading about Avene products today and I am keen to try their range. Is there such a thing as a calming/soothing cream that also moisturizes and helps with mature skin? I seem to only find calming/soothing or mature skin.
    Thanks in advance
    Can you provide more history, i.e, photos, what phenotype(s), is the diagnosis rosacea?, did you see a dermatologist or your primary care physician?, did your physician prescribe a treatment, if so, what?

Never heard of AZclear, which is Azelaic Acid 20%, made by Ego Pharmaceutical in Australia. Keep us updated on your progress. As for triggers, you might learn something here. As for moisturizers there are a gamut of what is recommended here at RF. Type in moisturizer in the search box top right corner and browse for an hour or so. Many have recommended rose hip oil but here is a huge list.
    Brady Barrows
    Join the RRDi

I was diagnosed by a Dermatologist, they suggested hydrocortisone cream amd Murad moisturizer. However I would like to find an alternative. I tend to get itchy cheeks, then chin and forehead. If i scratch my skin swells and gets red. At my worst i have large itchy lumps over my face with smaller bumps on my chin that have small white heads. The hydrocortisone cream works well but i have been told not to use it long term.

thanks for the clarification. You are quite right, only use the steroid cream short term and you may want read about Steroid Rosacea, aka, FCAD. It is odd your dermatologist didn't prescribe Soolantra and Oracea, which are the current state of the art treatments. the itchiness may be demodectic rosacea. You might do a search using the top right corner search box and browse some threads on these two treatments. Might want to read this post about what to ask your dermatologist.
    Last edited by Brady Barrows; 22nd July 2018 at 11:59 PM.
    Brady Barrows
    Join the RRDi

To add to my confusion, last week our son was in hospital and then I got sick so for a few days I wasn't using any creams or makeup. My skin felt really good and since then i've had no reactions at all. I slowly started going back to my normal routine and I've had no reaction. Now I'm wondering if it's a topical reaction or something I was eating??

Quote Originally Posted by MinaNZ View Post
    To add to my confusion, last week our son was in hospital and then I got sick so for a few days I wasn't using any creams or makeup. My skin felt really good and since then i've had no reactions at all. I slowly started going back to my normal routine and I've had no reaction. Now I'm wondering if it's a topical reaction or something I was eating??
    Atopic dermatitis looks so much like rosacea that it is classified as a rosacea mimic.
    Brady Barrows
    Join the RRDi