Thread: ACV has pretty much cured my rosacea

Default ACV has pretty much cured my rosacea

First time poster but long time reader. After reading good reviews about apple cider vinegar I decided to try it. I did buy a bottle of brags with the mother and started with a tea spoon in water twice a day but I hated the taste. So I went to Holland and barret and brought the ACV in tablet form (there own brand) I took 3tablets in the morning after breakfast and 3 before I went to bed. I did this for 4 weeks solid, never missing a day. First few days nothing really changed but after about a week my redness had calmed down so knew something was working. Would say into the 3rd week is when I noticed big changes. Hot flushes weíre gone and my skin never looked so good. Like I said I did this solid for 4weeks and then started to cut back. Been about 10weeks now and just taking it once or twice a week. Rosacea has gone completely, no flare ups since cutting down. Really do think itís about changing your bodies pH. Donít want to raise false hope but this method worked for me so thought Iíd share my experience. Good luck

Paul, great news for you!
    Did you have the type 1 or type 2 Rosacea? Only diffuse redness or also the P&P?

I taken it recently and it just upsets my stomach? Grumbly noise and uncomfortable. Face goes really red too after taking it? My stomach must play a role in making my skin red but ACV makes it worse for me.

Default I think it worked for me too!

Starting mid July I took Braggs religiously for 2 weeks pre holiday (dieting), & about a week before I went away, & while I was away I noticed that the flushing had gone. No matter how much I drank, or how hot it was my skin stayed its normal colour. It wasnt the holiday as it started before I went - I flush every day. This was a HUGE deal as theres always flushing when I shower, get nervous, etc etc.

Even though it was really hot & I was in the sun I had the normal redness of that, not the roseacea redness. It was a miracle! It wasnt the water as I was in Ibiza & the tap water is dreadful (undrinkable). I wasnt in the sea much & was drinking every night. My diet isnt fantastic, but I ate a LOT more salad on holiday (plus less carbs/sugar) however I was drinking 'pina coladas' & 'strawberry daiquiris' so I think apart from the extra veges we can rule out healthy lifestyle as the cure. And no matter what triggers I threw at it I had no flushing! One of my friends has rosacea & hers was awful on that holiday.

I got back & as I was getting back (last few days of the holiday) could feel the heat returning to my face, & then in London started flushing a LOT, & have been for the last 2 weeks. I turned on the central heating for a while last night & it went mad. ONE glass of alcohol & Im bright red. I didnt take the Braggs on holiday, & have only had it a couple of times since Ive been back.

Before I went away, & while I was away I was taking a load of supplements (Multivit, Vit D3, CoQ10, fish oils, turmeric, acetyl n-cysteine, ADP (oregano for parasites), & carotenoids plus Biostrath- a vitamin B yeasty drink thing). Id also taken oral Ivermectin for demodex a couple of weeks earlier. I stopped them for a few days after I got back & thought one of them was my cure - but Ive re introduced them one by one & its made no difference.

So its time to start the ACV again - its the only thing I was doing that Im not. Thanks for the tip re the capsules Paul, Im off to Holland & Barratt today! Ill report back, I think I should notice a difference in a few days. Its really good for all sorts of things, & theres some evidence to say that the inflammation is caused by low stomach acid. Its all part of this gut thing we have been hearing so much about & is supposed to cause constipation/poor digestion though in my case it doesnt.

I might add that my diet does include far too much sugar & carbs, & the one thing I did when I got back was eat a ton of ice cream & sweets (I dont normally, but sometimes binge) & my face has been much more red than usual. Ive taken probiotics on & off for years & not noticed it making a difference on my face (& I take very good ones). So I think the missing part of the jigsaw is the part that the ACV supplies. I will keep you posted!

Quote Originally Posted by Londonista View Post
    Starting mid July I took Braggs religiously for 2 weeks pre holiday (dieting), & about a week before I went away, & while I was away I noticed that the flushing had gone. No matter how much I drank, or how hot it was my skin stayed its normal colour. It wasnt the holiday as it started before I went - I flush every day. This was a HUGE deal as theres always flushing when I shower, get nervous, etc etc.

Even though it was really hot & I was in the sun I had the normal redness of that, not the roseacea redness. It was a miracle! It wasnt the water as I was in Ibiza & the tap water is dreadful (undrinkable). I wasnt in the sea much & was drinking every night. My diet isnt fantastic, but I ate a LOT more salad on holiday (plus less carbs/sugar) however I was drinking 'pina coladas' & 'strawberry daiquiris' so I think apart from the extra veges we can rule out healthy lifestyle as the cure. And no matter what triggers I threw at it I had no flushing! One of my friends has rosacea & hers was awful on that holiday.

I got back & as I was getting back (last few days of the holiday) could feel the heat returning to my face, & then in London started flushing a LOT, & have been for the last 2 weeks. I turned on the central heating for a while last night & it went mad. ONE glass of alcohol & Im bright red. I didnt take the Braggs on holiday, & have only had it a couple of times since Ive been back.

Before I went away, & while I was away I was taking a load of supplements (Multivit, Vit D3, CoQ10, fish oils, turmeric, acetyl n-cysteine, ADP (oregano for parasites), & carotenoids plus Biostrath- a vitamin B yeasty drink thing). Id also taken oral Ivermectin for demodex a couple of weeks earlier. I stopped them for a few days after I got back & thought one of them was my cure - but Ive re introduced them one by one & its made no difference.

So its time to start the ACV again - its the only thing I was doing that Im not. Thanks for the tip re the capsules Paul, Im off to Holland & Barratt today! Ill report back, I think I should notice a difference in a few days. Its really good for all sorts of things, & theres some evidence to say that the inflammation is caused by low stomach acid. Its all part of this gut thing we have been hearing so much about & is supposed to cause constipation/poor digestion though in my case it doesnt.

I might add that my diet does include far too much sugar & carbs, & the one thing I did when I got back was eat a ton of ice cream & sweets (I dont normally, but sometimes binge) & my face has been much more red than usual. Ive taken probiotics on & off for years & not noticed it making a difference on my face (& I take very good ones). So I think the missing part of the jigsaw is the part that the ACV supplies. I will keep you posted!
    Any update on this? Would be good to know how youíre getting on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Default Its worked!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Seb91 View Post
    Any update on this? Would be good to know how youíre getting on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I bought ACV tablets from Holland & Barratt & take 2 in the morning & 2 at night. My flushing started improving after abourt 10 days & its now GONE. And Ive just turned my central heating on - that would be guaranteed flushing within minutes. Woohoo!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Londonista View Post
    I bought ACV tablets from Holland & Barratt & take 2 in the morning & 2 at night. My flushing started improving after abourt 10 days & its now GONE. And Ive just turned my central heating on - that would be guaranteed flushing within minutes. Woohoo!!!!
    Do you take the ACV with or without food? Does this help with heat related flushing?

I had started taking ACV capsules a few weeks ago but recently gave them away to someone who had bad arthritic pain - you’ve inspired/reminded me to start again!

My initial inspiration came from these two YouTube videos:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=p6Ik1_aXGfM

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EZEvJyO8EIk

I actually love the taste of vineagar, but I took on board what the YouTuber said about the possible effect of drinking acv on ones teeth, which is why I decided to change to capsules.

Ive also been taking Low Dose Naltrexone for the past 5 months, which has helped with all my rosacea symptoms except for the flushing.

I’ll buy more acv again today!