Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Who in here gets a rudolph red nose after eating?

Quote Originally Posted by rednessator View Post
    Thanks! Did you have symptoms of low stomach acid? I do not think I have any symptoms.

Sorry to bother you, but could you tell me the products you use, and I’ll buy the same ones?
    The symptoms of low stomach acid can run the gamut, though mine were skin related+ low iron absorption + reflux. Yes, reflux can be caused by not enough acid. I rarely reflux anymore. I have used Betaine HCL by Solgar and Pure Encapsulations brands.

Thank you much!

I also suffered from a bright red nose after eating hot or spicy food. Especially a warm soup.

My nose would actually tingle at the end. It was really bizarre.

@Celticgirl: you suffered, as in past tense?

UPDATE: Immediately upon travelling to the humid, warm tropics in July my symptoms started decreasing, and after a couple of days I think I had no reaction to food whatsoever. Since back from the tropics mid August I have had very few symptoms. I have been in the sun very much, and also kept my tan up in a tanning bed for 2 times a week. Last three weeks I decreased the tanning bed sessions to one time pr week.
    Anyway, last two days, my symptoms has come back. Condition is just as before. My depression and tears just hit me, as they were never gone, just waiting...

I've been trying Betaine HCL, but it does not seem to have any effect. I take 2-3 pills after meals.

****ing sucks so much this... rudolph is back...

Any help would be a life saver for me...

Quote Originally Posted by rednessator View Post
    UPDATE: Immediately upon travelling to the humid, warm tropics in July my symptoms started decreasing, and after a couple of days I think I had no reaction to food whatsoever. Since back from the tropics mid August I have had very few symptoms. I have been in the sun very much, and also kept my tan up in a tanning bed for 2 times a week. Last three weeks I decreased the tanning bed sessions to one time pr week.
    Anyway, last two days, my symptoms has come back. Condition is just as before. My depression and tears just hit me, as they were never gone, just waiting...

I've been trying Betaine HCL, but it does not seem to have any effect. I take 2-3 pills after meals.

****ing sucks so much this... rudolph is back...
    Mmmm my nose has been pretty good all summer, the uk weather is now cold and alas the heating comes on and boom nose flush, once the flushing starts it then becomes reactive to all sorts of things. Some things are just totally unavoidable, I mean we have to eat. I can handle the flush as long as it doesn’t last for hours. You are brave using a tanning bed, I personally wouldn’t touch them with Rosacea.

Rednessator - I'm curious where you went in the tropics? I'm glad you had a break, but I do agree it's very hard when symptoms return. Sometimes it feels worse than not having a break at all

I had 2 procedures this year and got fentanyl (opioid) for the day. I noticed that the rest of the day, I was 100% normal -- totally heat tolerant, nose fine, no burning, etc. Which made me want to retry low dose naltrexone, in case I would benefit from more endogenous opioids.

Rednessator:

Just curious what you ate while on vacation and what you typically eat at home? Humidity really helps me as well, though I could never sit out in the sun and tan my skin. My body would be on fire.

Thanks for the replies guys. I’ve been too depressed to come in here. I know you guys struggle too, or maybe you have found some cure for yourself, so I’m humbled that you take the time to try and help.
    In the tropics I eat rice and beans mostly, and a lot if fruit. Also its water and sun everyday.
    I am afraid of tanning beds, I just wonder if the sun has something to do with my condition. I dont know. Eyes are really bad too, red as f. So maybe its even some demodex connection? Or maybe just stomach / digestion problems. Out of hope here. Wish there were just some tests one could take