Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Worst case of KPRF?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    5

    Default Worst case of KPRF?

    17 and i have severe anxiety and depression that is 100% the fault of my skin. are there ANY success stories of someone with skin this bad?

    https://imgur.com/a/16ga
    Last edited by itsNOTrosacea; 21st June 2019 at 12:32 PM.

  2. #2
    Senior Member Brady Barrows's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Honolulu, HI, USA
    Posts
    4,739

    Default

    I see you found this thread where I mention something you can do.
    Brady Barrows
    Join the RRDi

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    198
    Country: UK

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by itsNOTrosacea View Post
    17 and i have severe anxiety and depression that is 100% the fault of my skin. are there ANY success stories of someone with skin this bad?

    https://imgur.com/a/o7X16ga
    ME. Assuming you are flushing in those pictures and that's not surface redness alone, mine was that bad, and now you literally can't even tell I have KPRF.

    Firstly, mine did get much better with age. Secondly, are you bodybuilding or on any particular diet?

    You need to break it down into two categories, surface redness and flushing. For the surface redness you'll need make up or a good anti redness moisturizer. I've posted about this extensively in the following thread, read the entire thread for some helpful tips:

    https://rosaceagroup.org/The_Rosacea...er-Free-Sample

    The second thing is a more contentious issue, combating the flushing. I personally found low dose SSRI's allowed me to completely control flushing with hardly any side effects, however many people have had bad experiences. Always consult your doctor before taking medication.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    6
    Country: Italy

    Default

    Hi realwork
    Hi ItsnotRosacea,
    Hi all,

    probably I'm affected by KPRF too even if the differences between rosacea and KPRF are not always clear and definite.

    I'm searching for a make up or a good anti redness moisturizer too and I'm interested to start with SRRI meds this winter. Could you help me tolding me your recent experiences/cures/therapies ?

    Have you try clonidina or betablockers ?

    I can't put nothing on my sensitive and intollerant skin. What can I test? I'm from Italy.

    Tks

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond View Post
    Hi realwork
    Hi ItsnotRosacea,
    Hi all,

    probably I'm affected by KPRF too even if the differences between rosacea and KPRF are not always clear and definite.

    I'm searching for a make up or a good anti redness moisturizer too and I'm interested to start with SRRI meds this winter. Could you help me tolding me your recent experiences/cures/therapies ?

    Have you try clonidina or betablockers ?

    I can't put nothing on my sensitive and intollerant skin. What can I test? I'm from Italy.

    Tks
    SSRI work for me. havenít tried anything else

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by realwork View Post
    ME. Assuming you are flushing in those pictures and that's not surface redness alone, mine was that bad, and now you literally can't even tell I have KPRF.

    Firstly, mine did get much better with age. Secondly, are you bodybuilding or on any particular diet?

    You need to break it down into two categories, surface redness and flushing. For the surface redness you'll need make up or a good anti redness moisturizer. I've posted about this extensively in the following thread, read the entire thread for some helpful tips:

    https://rosaceagroup.org/The_Rosacea...er-Free-Sample

    The second thing is a more contentious issue, combating the flushing. I personally found low dose SSRI's allowed me to completely control flushing with hardly any side effects, however many people have had bad experiences. Always consult your doctor before taking medication.
    i lift weights, does that worsen it? what sort of diets make it worse? i donít have a diet i just eat anything lol

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    7
    Country: United States

    Default

    Do not worry, a lot of famous people have the same skin problem. Google and make sure of it!

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    62
    Country: United States

    Default

    I have the same thing. I did PDL purpura and reduced redness a lot. It is impossible to fully heal it until your body stops producing so much keratin. KPRF usually goes away by age 30. I'm 19 and have done a ton of research on this as it is extremely depressing. I would try a couple things. Stay hydrated, try a nasal spray with oxymetazoline 0.05% daily. Oxymetazoline is a vasoconstriction and helps my KPRF a lot. I would defiantly try PDL. Just make sure you do a purpura setting that will bruise your skin. Here is a link to someone that did it and the effects it had. https://www.mdedge.com/pediatrics/ar...-pilaris-rubra

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by itsNOTrosacea View Post
    17 and i have severe anxiety and depression that is 100% the fault of my skin. are there ANY success stories of someone with skin this bad?

    https://imgur.com/a/o7X16ga
    I have very similar redness to you and was wondering if you have fixed or improved your situation or what you have found helps your skin.

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous756756 View Post
    I have very similar redness to you and was wondering if you have fixed or improved your situation or what you have found helps your skin.
    nothing

Similar Threads

  1. KPRF induced social anxiety/new kprf forum?
    By pumpkinpie71 in forum Similar and co-existing conditions
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 11th April 2018, 10:05 AM
  2. Worst case of subtype 1 rosacea imaginable (Demodox mites?)
    By SilverbackWithAHammer in forum General rosacea questions
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11th March 2017, 09:03 AM
  3. Worst it's been
    By Strings in forum Photos
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 24th January 2014, 02:54 PM
  4. Some hope for KPRF sufferers, repost from the KPRF site
    By username in forum Intense pulsed light and laser
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 14th January 2014, 01:19 AM
  5. worst depression yet
    By pontypool in forum Similar and co-existing conditions
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 10th June 2007, 02:14 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •