Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dermaroller for redness/broken capillaries?

Mirea, did you start using the dermaroller again in September? If broken capillaries can really be fixed with just a few sessions of dermarolling, this could be a game-changer.

Interesting thread. One of the dermatologists I saw last year had microneedling listed as a potential rosacea treatment at his clinic. I thought it was strange. Maybe there is something to be said for this.

Hi all, sorry for the late reply.

Quote Originally Posted by TomatoGeneral View Post
    Mirea, did you start using the dermaroller again in September? If broken capillaries can really be fixed with just a few sessions of dermarolling, this could be a game-changer.
    Yes, I was using my dermarollers from September to early February again with an interval of 4-6 weeks. I did my last session 1 week ago.

My broken capillaries are almost all gone by now, and they were really severe when I started the treatment, especially around the nose and the cheeks. Every treatment eradicated a few more of them. I did exactly 8 aggressive sessions since last June, and my skin got so much better since then. Not only for the broken capillaries but for the redness in general.

I only payed 40 Euros for the dermarollers (on owndoc.com), this was the best investment of my life, lol. It's probably not for everyone, if your pain threshold is low and you want to do this, look for numbing cream. I don't need any, my pain threshold seems to be very high.

I will continue with this treatment for sure, my big pores, melasma, fine lines and wrinkles are all gone by now as well. I'm so glad I had the courage to begin with this treatment, it was the best I could do for my skin ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirea View Post
    Hi all, sorry for the late reply.

Yes, I was using my dermarollers from September to early February again with an interval of 4-6 weeks. I did my last session 1 week ago.

My broken capillaries are almost all gone by now, and they were really severe when I started the treatment, especially around the nose and the cheeks. Every treatment eradicated a few more of them. I did exactly 8 aggressive sessions since last June, and my skin got so much better since then. Not only for the broken capillaries but for the redness in general.

I only payed 40 Euros for the dermarollers (on owndoc.com), this was the best investment of my life, lol. It's probably not for everyone, if your pain threshold is low and you want to do this, look for numbing cream. I don't need any, my pain threshold seems to be very high.

I will continue with this treatment for sure, my big pores, melasma, fine lines and wrinkles are all gone by now as well. I'm so glad I had the courage to begin with this treatment, it was the best I could do for my skin ever.
    What needle length did you use?

Quote Originally Posted by jrlhamcat2 View Post
    What needle length did you use?
    1.00 mm for forehead, nose and under brow region (which I stretch), and 1.5 mm for the rest of the face.

Hey Mirea,

What would you say your baseline redness was before treatment on a scale of 1 to 10 and what is it now? Did microneedling help with flushing as well?

1.0 and 1.5 are awfully long needles. I'm surprised you were able to find derma rollers of these lengths for at home use. Everything I've read says you probably shouldn't try anything bigger than .75 on your own. I'm so thrilled to hear that dermarolling has worked for you, though! I use a .50 length needle on my forehead a couple times a month to take care of fine lines. It works pretty well for those purposes.

Do you bleed after these treatments? What other benefits have you noticed, if any?

Hey,

Quote Originally Posted by krk View Post
    Hey Mirea,

What would you say your baseline redness was before treatment on a scale of 1 to 10 and what is it now? Did microneedling help with flushing as well?
    oh dear, this is a hard question to answer. Maybe my baseline redness before treatment was a 7, and now it is a 3? It definitely has improved a lot, but I'm still a rosacea sufferer and probably will be for the rest of my life, so I don't make myself any illusions micro-needling will cure it all together.

I have now ordered a skin cream from The Ordinary with azelaic acid which hopefully will help with rest of the baseline redness.

I never had any issues with flushing really, so I can't tell if micro-needling helps with this.

Quote Originally Posted by kfranke View Post
    1.0 and 1.5 are awfully long needles. I'm surprised you were able to find derma rollers of these lengths for at home use. Everything I've read says you probably shouldn't try anything bigger than .75 on your own.
    I was following the old DermaRoller thread on http://www.essentialdayspa.com, and the research done by all these brave girls. It seems you have to draw at least some pin point blood spots to trigger the wound healing cascade which will induce new collagen to the skin. You can do this easily at home, of course clean use and sterilizing the derma rollers with alcohol etc is very important. I'm ordering them on owndoc.com.

I use a .50 length needle on my forehead a couple times a month to take care of fine lines. It works pretty well for those purposes.
    Yes, regular use of 0.5 mm needles will thicken the skin over time as well. I'm very glad it works well for you.

Do you bleed after these treatments? What other benefits have you noticed, if any?
    Yes, I do bleed after these treatments and I look like having a sun-burn for 1-2 days after and there's a bit of swelling. Usually I'm back to normal after 3 days.

Benefits I have noticed, oh dear where to begin... Melasma, big pores, sun-damage, broken capillaries, fine lines and wrinkles have so much improved. I did only 8 treatments since last June (with a break of 4-6 weeks in between) and my skin has miraculously renewed itself.

But I will continue with this treatment, there are still a few fine lines and broken caps on my cheeks left. As far as I know you can continue with micro-needling indefinitely, if you let the skin heal properly in between treatments (4-6 weeks).
    Last edited by Mirea; 14th February 2019 at 04:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirea View Post
    Hey,

oh dear, this is a hard question to answer. Maybe my baseline redness before treatment was a 7, and now it is a 3? It definitely has improved a lot, but I'm still a rosacea sufferer and probably will be for the rest of my life, so I don't make myself any illusions micro-needling will cure it all together.

I have now ordered a skin cream from The Ordinary with azelaic acid which hopefully will help with rest of the baseline redness.

I never had any issues with flushing really, so I can't tell if micro-needling helps with this.

Thank you! And I couldn't recommend azelaic acid enough. My skin only tolerates it once a day and I apply it before going to bed. I would say my redness went from a 7 to a 4-5 on azelaic acid 10% alone. It also made my pores smaller and overall skin texture much nicer. I am going to give microneedling a try.