Page 53 of 54 FirstFirst ... 34351525354 LastLast

Thread: My Low Dose Naltrexone Journey (so far)

Quote Originally Posted by antwantsclear View Post
    Have you managed to try the Zhongzhou cream and epidermal repair cream yet? I'd be interested if it does help you. I don't think any dermatologist has all the answers to complex rosacea.
    Not yet, which one should I start with please? They are quite pricey, now I have raised my LDN dose to 2.5 mg I very rarely flush!

I would like to soften the look of the thread veins.

Thanks

J
    SUFFER FROM NEUROPATHIC ROSACEA & OCULAR ROSACEA.

*Vit D3,Theratears Omega 3.

*LDN since October 2018.

*REN skincare range. TARTE cosmetics.

*Tried Clonidine, Moxonidine & Atenolol (None being taken at present ).

*Yearly IPL treatments until 2009.

* RLT Journey!" (Sept 09) **Using Britebox Revive..(Stopped ).

* Use Optimel & Ilast cream for MGD Ocular rosacea.

History of Hyperthyroidism (Graves) Lichen Planus (oral)
    PROUD TO BE DIFFERENT

Have you managed to try the Zhongzhou cream and epidermal repair cream yet? I'd be interested if it does help you. I don't think any dermatologist has all the answers to complex rosacea.
    I wonder if this cream would be good for SD it has zinc in doesnít it

Quote Originally Posted by Rubydo1 View Post
    I wonder if this cream would be good for SD it has zinc in doesnít it
    Yes I think it can help with SD in my experience, though it can be slightly drying too. That's why I think it works well with the epidermal repair cream which is very moisturising.

I had some luck with jojoba oil and rosehip oil. Moved onto Cerave moisturizer and azelaic acid but I had a reaction to it. So I'm going back.
    I guess my skin does not tolerate too many active ingredients if any.
    I'm not really happy on 1.0mg LDN either, not sure what to do feeling worse everytime I go up to 1.5mg.

its hard to tell now that summer heat is finally over but here come the warm/cold changes outside its super windy too.

I'm thinking at lowering the dose to 0.5mg and see how I do
    Last edited by opare; 22nd November 2019 at 03:00 PM.

lately my anxiety is through the roof. this could be form Ets too. Anyone experienced this in regards with LDN though?

appreciate that

Quote Originally Posted by opare View Post
    lately my anxiety is through the roof. this could be form Ets too. Anyone experienced this in regards with LDN though?

appreciate that
    Iíve just upped to 1mg from O.5 which Iíve been on for a week and a half. How long you been on 0.5 ?
    I got a cracking headache this morning but I did when I first started. Canít say I feel anxious though. It was horrendous when I was on duloxetine for nerve pain. I had heart palpitations and everything. Iíll probably stay on 1 mg a while.

Quote Originally Posted by opare View Post

appreciate that
    Lasercat also noted she experienced anxiety yes from LDN - I'm sure she'll be able to explain more. I may have got some mild anxiety. Gabapentin is one option that can help with nerve-related rosacea while hopefully reducing anxiety - but the anxiety bit is quite dose dependent.

Lasercat also noted she experienced anxiety yes from LDN - I'm sure she'll be able to explain more. I may have got some mild anxiety. Gabapentin is one option that can help with nerve-related rosacea while hopefully reducing anxiety - but the anxiety bit is quite dose dependent.
    Gabapentin gave me terrible diarrhoea. Iíve tried everyone of the recommended drugs. All made me really ill. LDN is my last hope other than CB Oil thatís the other thing I havenít tried. Iím gonna give LDN at least 3months.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubydo1 View Post
    Gabapentin gave me terrible diarrhoea. Iíve tried everyone of the recommended drugs. All made me really ill. LDN is my last hope other than CB Oil thatís the other thing I havenít tried. Iím gonna give LDN at least 3months.
    You've not tried Zhongzhou cream either? Which is very helpful for many people. It does suggest that there may be a gut issue for you if you can't tolerate any of the medicines. Have you tried cutting out wheat and rice?

I wouldn't say I digested LDN particularly well - it can cause nausea at higher doses.

You've not tried Zhongzhou cream either? Which is very helpful for many people. It does suggest that there may be a gut issue for you if you can't tolerate any of the medicines. Have you tried cutting out wheat and rice?

I wouldn't say I digested LDN particularly well - it can cause nausea at higher doses.
    Yes I’m still having investigations on my stomach I’m having lactose and hydrogen test next.
    Zhongzhou cream I haven’t tried yet as my skin is supper sensitive and dry. Im struggling with washing at the moment. I’m using Cerave Smoothing as it’s surprisingly the only face wash that my skin can cope with and then Cerave moisturising lotion.
    I’m carrying on with soolantra for a forth month as it has I think stopped the big spots .
    I’ve got angular cheilitis and exfoliating cheilitis now as well for goodness sake

Are you still taking LDN?
    Last edited by Rubydo1; 25th November 2019 at 05:35 PM.