Page 42 of 57 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast

Thread: My Low Dose Naltrexone Journey (so far)

Quote Originally Posted by Rubydo1 View Post
    Hi, thanks to Fiugs I’ve started to look into this treatment.
    As I have IBD and rosacea and skin hypersensitivity not to mention other problems.
    My question is has anyone managed to get a UK Doctor to prescribe this ?
    And what are the recommended dosage. I know it can be used for chrons
    has anyone had a good effect gut wise?
    And does it help with demodex?
    Hello again

It won’t help with demodex I’m afraid. You’d need a topical for that.. or ipl which also kills the wee blighters, I believe. Soolantra is the usual treatment for demodex. It’s very easy on the skin, quite pleasant to use in fact, in my experience. Didn’t do much for me, but then I don’t have a demodex problem.

Ruby.... if you look back at the earlier parts of this thread you’ll find all the info you need about how to get hold of an LDN prescription if you’re in the uk. You can go through your GP IF you have a very open minded one who is willing to try LDN. If you don’t (and most of us don’t) you will find the info in this thread about how to get it privately prescribed. It costs around £25 a month. Your doc would probably also need the info from this site in order to know how to get hold of it if s/he was willing to prescribe it, if s/he was willing to do so, then you could get it on the NHS, but you’d still likely be getting it from the same source the rest of us UK folk are getting it.

Also, If you google “low dose naltrexone” you’ll find lots of info about the kind of conditions it seems to help with. But have a good look through this thread first and you’ll get all the info you need to be able to get hold of it from a reputable source... you’ll also find links in this thread to info sites about LDN.

All the best
    X
    Last edited by Fiugs; 13th July 2019 at 05:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiugs View Post
    Hello again

It wonít help with demodex Iím afraid. Youíd need a topical for that.. or ipl which also kills the wee blighters, I believe. Soolantra is the usual treatment for demodex. Itís very easy on the skin, quite pleasant to use in fact, in my experience. Didnít do much for me, but then I donít have a demodex problem.

Ruby.... if you look back at the earlier parts of this thread youíll find all the info you need about how to get hold of an LDN prescription if youíre in the uk. You can go through your GP IF you have a very open minded one who is willing to try LDN. If you donít (and most of us donít) you will find the info in this thread about how to get it privately prescribed. It costs around £25 a month. Your doc would probably also need the info from this site in order to know how to get hold of it if s/he was willing to prescribe it, if s/he was willing to do so, then you could get it on the NHS, but youíd still likely be getting it from the same source the rest of us UK folk are getting it.

Also, If you google ďlow dose naltrexoneĒ youíll find lots of info about the kind of conditions it seems to help with. But have a good look through this thread first and youíll get all the info you need to be able to get hold of it from a reputable source... youíll also find links in this thread to info sites about LDN.

All the best
    X
    Thanks so much my friend.

Iím not sure whatís happening with me at the moment I have terrible fatigue and brain fog.

I have deteriorated so quickly itís frightening but Iím fighting tooth and nail to stay on my feet
    Nothing coming back in blood tests so far. But Iíve gone from walking up and down dale as a
    Professional dog walker to hardly being able to get up and function and skin and body reacting to
    Everything.

Itís 24 C here today Iím coping thanks to the light breeze and sitting in the shade. Odd that if I was in a 24 deg centrally heated environment I would be on fire, but for some reason I have always seemed to cope better in higher temps that are provided by the sun.. weird.

This is my first day following my first nightly dose of 2mg, so early days yet to see if less than 50% of what I have been taking for the past year makes a difference. I am feeling fairly in the middle of the road about it, so neither optimistic nor pessimistic.

Will obviously post here if I see any improvements after a while on this lower dose. For sure I have experienced no backtracking, in terms of improvements Iíve had over the past year, as Iíve been reducing my dose gradually over the past few weeks

All the best x
    Fiona and Judy, what is the hottest outdoor temperature that your face can tolerate? Can you tolerate 90 plus Fahrenheit? Can you tolerate 80 plus Fahrenheit? Iím curious because Iím obviously going through the hottest time of year and canít be outside at all and I was just wondering if maybe when it gets to be fall or winter here, will I tolerate it better?

Also, do you think certain foods or chemicals in products like diet soda affect our faces even though our main problem is with the nerves?

Fiona, do you think I might get some relief from CBD oil? I still get heat sensitivity and Iím thinking back to when I was seeing the biggest changes with the heat sensitivity on LDN and I was eating so good and no sodas. I recently went off the wagon and wonder if that is part of the reason my face isnít improving as much as it did with the LDN early on.

Thanks for any advice.
    Angela

Quote Originally Posted by Ange4 View Post
    Fiona and Judy, what is the hottest outdoor temperature that your face can tolerate? Can you tolerate 90 plus Fahrenheit? Can you tolerate 80 plus Fahrenheit? I’m curious because I’m obviously going through the hottest time of year and can’t be outside at all and I was just wondering if maybe when it gets to be fall or winter here, will I tolerate it better?

Also, do you think certain foods or chemicals in products like diet soda affect our faces even though our main problem is with the nerves?

Fiona, do you think I might get some relief from CBD oil? I still get heat sensitivity and I’m thinking back to when I was seeing the biggest changes with the heat sensitivity on LDN and I was eating so good and no sodas. I recently went off the wagon and wonder if that is part of the reason my face isn’t improving as much as it did with the LDN early on.

Thanks for any advice.
    Angela
    Hi Angela,

I’m not sure that telling you what temps our faces can tolerate means much. I think our faces react to what we each consider to be “too warm” and I think that is down to acclimatisation (or acclimation, as you say in the US :-). So for me, as a Scot, the 90s F (or we would say 30s Centigrade here) would be almost unheard of and I suspect for you what we would consider to be ‘a hot day’ (that could make me flush)might feel like a pleasant spring day! I’m basing that on what I’ve read here, I seen posts where US people talk about the temps they set their heating at in the winter, adding something like “I’m so glad to be in my x degrees home again!” And I read that and think “God those temps that they like would kill me... “

I also have noticed that one can get used to certain higher temps if one has been exposed to them for some time.. the problem is mostly about when we move from a cool temp to a warm one isn’t it? You have more issues over there tha we do here because we don’t air condition our buildings in the summer.. whereas you have those HUGE switches of temps when you move from indoors to out.

That’s my thought anyway... but having rambled on, for the record, I set my central heating in the winter to 18 deg Centigrade. US folk will need to Google that to F . In the summer though I am comfortable in up to 24 deg C... but I suspect I wouldn’t be if I went into it from an air conditioned building. Last summer we had a heatwave and I survived 32C, I was pink all the time in that heat ( as lot of people here in Scotland were!) but not a proper painful flush. In the winter it seems to be different, I can’t stand being in what I consider to be over heated homes which is anything over 19 - 20 C.

As an aside, the government energy use guidelines over here suggest that only the aged and infirm need to have their homes heated above 20 C.. but now I’m getting on my “save the Earth” bandwagon, don’t start me off on that..

With regard to being a bit off the wagon, I think maybe it would be best to discuss that with your LDN prescriber, I would honestly only be speculating from a place of ignorance... sorry. I wish I could help.

Again, I would be speculating, but I’m not sure that CBD oil would help you tolerate higher temps. Turning down your ac very gradually over a few days might (it might also save the planet... sorry here I go again! ). Having said that CBD does take down anxiety a bit and I do think that we get anxious when we hit temps that we fear will cause a flush reaction and being anxious makes us flush. I would say you’ve little to lose by trying it.. but do your research and get a good one... there are allot of ‘snake CBD oil’ sellers out there these days.

Take care xxxx
    Last edited by Fiugs; 14th July 2019 at 07:55 AM.

Thanks so much my friend.

I’m not sure what’s happening with me at the moment I have terrible fatigue and brain fog.

I have deteriorated so quickly it’s frightening but I’m fighting tooth and nail to stay on my feet
    Nothing coming back in blood tests so far. But I’ve gone from walking up and down dale as a
    Professional dog walker to hardly being able to get up and function and skin and body reacting to
    Everything.
    I’m so sorry to hear all you’re going through.

I’m no expert, but it does sound like you have more than a skin condition doesn’t it? And it seems to me that rosacea can be either a ‘mere’ skin condition (as in the problem lies entirely somewhere in the dermis, whether it be vascular, neurogenic or whatever....) OR it can be symptomatic of other issues.

An increasing number of folk these days seem to be sinking in a morass of vague but nevertheless debilitating symptoms that docs don’t seem to know how to treat. They often tend to end up being auto-immune orientated don’t they? If it is, then fingers crossed LDN will help as that’s it’s area of success, it stimulates/modulates the immune system.

I assume it’s not connected to menopause? I guess you and the doc will have ruled that one out. ?

Iím so sorry to hear all youíre going through.

Iím no expert, but it does sound like you have more than a skin condition doesnít it? And it seems to me that rosacea can be either a Ďmereí skin condition (as in the problem lies entirely somewhere in the dermis, whether it be vascular, neurogenic or whatever....) OR it can be symptomatic of other issues.

An increasing number of folk these days seem to be sinking in a morass of vague but nevertheless debilitating symptoms that docs donít seem to know how to treat. They often tend to end up being auto-immune orientated donít they? If it is, then fingers crossed LDN will help as thatís itís area of success, it stimulates/modulates the immune system.

I assume itís not connected to menopause? I guess you and the doc will have ruled that one out. ?
    Undoubtedly that is a factor I think. But extreme fatigue and essential tremors and skin hypersensitivity
    and bowel problems and gastritis all started with antibiotics. They put me on Duloxetine for burning sensations in skin. At Docs this week then skin clinic.
    Has LDN helped anyone with skin sensitivity?

You have no idea how much that means to me (or maybe you do!)

xxx

J
    SUFFER FROM NEUROPATHIC ROSACEA & OCULAR ROSACEA SINCE 2002.

*Vit D3,Theratears Omega 3.

*LDN since October 2018.

*REN skincare range. TARTE cosmetics.

*Tried Clonidine, Moxonidine & Atenolol (None being taken at present ).

*Yearly IPL treatments until 2009.

* RLT Journey!" (Sept 09) **Using Britebox Revive..(Stopped ).

History of Hyperthyroidism (Graves) Lichen Planus (oral)
    PROUD TO BE DIFFERENT

Has LDN helped anyone with skin sensitivity?
    Yes..

...and If you read through this thread youíll find answer to many of your questions, including that one.
    I know reading through a long thread is a lot to ask, but on the other hand, if those of us who have been contributing to this thread for the last 12 months have to keep on answering the same questions itís a lot to ask of us too. I hope you understand...

I can pick up the LDN today =) They were very quick after I asked them to if it was possible to hurry up.

Now my question is should I keep going with CBD oil? Its very up and down since Friday me thinking I get some relief or not... I had a feeling yesterday after a flare up that I calmed down a lot quicker than usual.
    Even though my focus is completely on LDN now I might keep taking CBD for the anti inflammatory aspects? low dose of course. I bought it anyway and it was quite expensive :S

Yes..

...and If you read through this thread youíll find answer to many of your questions, including that one.
    I know reading through a long thread is a lot to ask, but on the other hand, if those of us who have been contributing to this thread for the last 12 months have to keep on answering the same questions itís a lot to ask of us too. I hope you understand...
    I have to agree!

I too have been asked many questions when the answers can be found in this very detailed thread; also reading through can often give a person additional & helpful information, that they weren't directly
    seeking.

J
    SUFFER FROM NEUROPATHIC ROSACEA & OCULAR ROSACEA SINCE 2002.

*Vit D3,Theratears Omega 3.

*LDN since October 2018.

*REN skincare range. TARTE cosmetics.

*Tried Clonidine, Moxonidine & Atenolol (None being taken at present ).

*Yearly IPL treatments until 2009.

* RLT Journey!" (Sept 09) **Using Britebox Revive..(Stopped ).

History of Hyperthyroidism (Graves) Lichen Planus (oral)
    PROUD TO BE DIFFERENT