Page 19 of 58 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 576

Thread: My Low Dose Naltrexone Journey (so far)

  1. #181
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    156
    Country: United States

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Judworth View Post
    OMG!!!!!

    Scary stuff!!!

    J
    Hi Judy, I was wondering how you and Fiona were doing on the LDN? Do you think your benefits are still there? Do you think if you continue to take it then those benefits will stay and not wear off like some medications unfortunately do?

    I am on day 16 but I wonít comment til day 30 so that I have real consistent data.

    Angela

  2. #182
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,669
    Country: UK

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ange4 View Post
    Hi Judy, I was wondering how you and Fiona were doing on the LDN? Do you think your benefits are still there? Do you think if you continue to take it then those benefits will stay and not wear off like some medications unfortunately do?

    I am on day 16 but I wonít comment til day 30 so that I have real consistent data.

    Angela
    Hello Angela

    I am almost 7 months into my LDN journey; currently taking 2.5 mg liquid form.

    I think the benefits are increasing, my flushing is rare (only if I have a cheeky glass of something) and my skin tolerance has definitely increased!

    Perfume, cleaning products, scented candles, computer screen, used to affect me, also emotions brought on severe nerve pain episodes!

    Shows no sign of wearing-off, I feel like I am building resistance, less flushing=less nerve pain= MORE LIFE!!!

    Take care!

    x
    SUFFER FROM NEUROPATHIC ROSACEA & OCULAR ROSACEA SINCE 2002.


    *Vit D3,Theratears Omega 3.



    *LDN since October 2018.

    *REN skincare range. TARTE cosmetics.

    *Tried Clonidine, Moxonidine & Atenolol (None being taken at present ).

    *Yearly IPL treatments until 2009.

    * RLT Journey!" (Sept 09) **Using Britebox Revive..(Stopped ).



    History of Hyperthyroidism (Graves) Lichen Planus (oral)
    PROUD TO BE DIFFERENT






    .

  3. #183
    Senior Member ladycappuccino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Scandinavia
    Posts
    154

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Momof View Post
    Thank you Judy. I truly believe that if I sort out the nerve pain, everything else ( flushing and swelling) will stop. It all started after laser with intermittent nerve pain, stinging and burning a few months later but the actual feeling of a bad flush ďcoming onĒ didnít happen for about a year. The flushing has really been the last step in the development of the disease.
    I am also taking Clonidine 50microgram x3 daily which stops the overwhelming flushing but not the nerve pain, tingling or burning if that makes sense.
    I will post a picture of research done by Prof Martin Steinhoff which suggests that the immune, nervous and vascular system are connected and that immunoregulation might help (see right of picture) That would explain why LDN and Plaquenil helps people because they are both immunoregulators and stop the immune system from triggering the facial nerves which in turn will eventually calm down the veins. 1.3 tonight.
    No major side effects except for dreaming which is always a side effect of any medication I take ( in fact the clonidine could be causing them too).
    Molly
    Molly, do I understand correctly that your neuropathic pain was triggered by laser? Can you tell something more about the treatment and the laser used? Thank you very much.
    Lena

  4. #184
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    156
    Country: United States

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Judworth View Post
    Hello Angela

    I am almost 7 months into my LDN journey; currently taking 2.5 mg liquid form.

    I think the benefits are increasing, my flushing is rare (only if I have a cheeky glass of something) and my skin tolerance has definitely increased!

    Perfume, cleaning products, scented candles, computer screen, used to affect me, also emotions brought on severe nerve pain episodes!

    Shows no sign of wearing-off, I feel like I am building resistance, less flushing=less nerve pain= MORE LIFE!!!

    Take care!

    x

    Judy, I am so happy for you!!!! I bet it seems like a miracle right? Why donít more people know about this and itís possible benefits? My very good friend is stage 4 pancreatic cancer with liver metastasis and I found an article on four patients as a kind of study doing the LDN along with alpha lipoid acid IVs. The patients did amazing so now my friend is going to be starting it next week I think.

    Iím excited to give my one month report in 14 days. I just donít want to jinx it. Also, at what point am I able to private message. I have now risen from Junior member to just member?

    Take Care
    Angela

  5. #185
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,669
    Country: UK

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ange4 View Post
    Judy, I am so happy for you!!!! I bet it seems like a miracle right? Why donít more people know about this and itís possible benefits? My very good friend is stage 4 pancreatic cancer with liver metastasis and I found an article on four patients as a kind of study doing the LDN along with alpha lipoid acid IVs. The patients did amazing so now my friend is going to be starting it next week I think.

    Iím excited to give my one month report in 14 days. I just donít want to jinx it. Also, at what point am I able to private message. I have now risen from Junior member to just member?

    Take Care
    Angela
    Aww! Thank you Angela!

    When I think of the treatments/meds/topicals that I have tried!! RLT was one of the worst as it made my face swell even more!!
    IPL helped and then suddenly made everything so much worse!!
    ALL meds that I tried caused side-effects & a top derm didn't even recognise neuropathic rosacea, he just thought it was odd that my nose would go icy-cold when I got nerve pain!

    Lovely Fiona has helped me, she thought that as I had auto-immune disorders that LDN would be good..............how right she was!

    My dry eyes caused by ocular rosacea are so much better as is the dry mouth syndrome (which has gone!).

    I want to shout it from the roof tops!!!

    Fingers crossed that you have good results too...................

    Hugs

    J x
    SUFFER FROM NEUROPATHIC ROSACEA & OCULAR ROSACEA SINCE 2002.


    *Vit D3,Theratears Omega 3.



    *LDN since October 2018.

    *REN skincare range. TARTE cosmetics.

    *Tried Clonidine, Moxonidine & Atenolol (None being taken at present ).

    *Yearly IPL treatments until 2009.

    * RLT Journey!" (Sept 09) **Using Britebox Revive..(Stopped ).



    History of Hyperthyroidism (Graves) Lichen Planus (oral)
    PROUD TO BE DIFFERENT






    .

  6. #186
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,669
    Country: UK

    Default Angela!

    I have just sent you a TEST private message & it went through, so you should be okay!

    J
    SUFFER FROM NEUROPATHIC ROSACEA & OCULAR ROSACEA SINCE 2002.


    *Vit D3,Theratears Omega 3.



    *LDN since October 2018.

    *REN skincare range. TARTE cosmetics.

    *Tried Clonidine, Moxonidine & Atenolol (None being taken at present ).

    *Yearly IPL treatments until 2009.

    * RLT Journey!" (Sept 09) **Using Britebox Revive..(Stopped ).



    History of Hyperthyroidism (Graves) Lichen Planus (oral)
    PROUD TO BE DIFFERENT






    .

  7. #187
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    92

    Default Hi Lena

    Hi Lena. It was a V Beam treatment. I think it was too severe for me. I will never touch a machine again

  8. #188
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,669
    Country: UK

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Momof View Post
    Hi Lena. It was a V Beam treatment. I think it was too severe for me. I will never touch a machine again
    Me Neither!

    J
    SUFFER FROM NEUROPATHIC ROSACEA & OCULAR ROSACEA SINCE 2002.


    *Vit D3,Theratears Omega 3.



    *LDN since October 2018.

    *REN skincare range. TARTE cosmetics.

    *Tried Clonidine, Moxonidine & Atenolol (None being taken at present ).

    *Yearly IPL treatments until 2009.

    * RLT Journey!" (Sept 09) **Using Britebox Revive..(Stopped ).



    History of Hyperthyroidism (Graves) Lichen Planus (oral)
    PROUD TO BE DIFFERENT






    .

  9. #189
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    156
    Country: United States

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Judworth View Post
    I have just sent you a TEST private message & it went through, so you should be okay!

    J


    Ok Judy, I am literally from the Stone Age because I canít figure out how and where to check private message from. Could you kindly help a little old lady?


    Angela

  10. #190
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,034

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ange4 View Post
    Ok Judy, I am literally from the Stone Age because I canít figure out how and where to check private message from. Could you kindly help a little old lady?


    Angela
    Hi Angela

    You'll see a little menu at the top right of your screen, with 'Welcome, [your screen name], Notifications, My Profile, Settings, Log out'. If you have the message, you'll have a little '1' under the Notifications. Anyway, click on Notifications and you'll see your messages.

    Hope that helps.

Similar Threads

  1. Low Dose Naltrexone..
    By mrsmoof in forum Prescription medications
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 19th February 2017, 10:32 AM
  2. Low dose Accutane not really doing the business. Give high dose a go?
    By Jimmyb78 in forum Prescription medications
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 4th October 2013, 03:11 PM
  3. Antibiotics: is low-dose as effective as high dose?
    By TheMediumDog in forum Prescription medications
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 23rd January 2009, 05:32 AM
  4. OK, I think I need to try low-dose accutane.
    By nbapoker in forum Prescription medications
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 27th September 2007, 12:04 PM
  5. Dr. Nase -- rosacea, low dose, lower dose .5 for rosacea
    By bettina in forum Prescription medications
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 1st July 2005, 06:24 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •