Page 19 of 58 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: My Low Dose Naltrexone Journey (so far)

Quote Originally Posted by Judworth View Post
    OMG!!!!!

Scary stuff!!!

J
    Hi Judy, I was wondering how you and Fiona were doing on the LDN? Do you think your benefits are still there? Do you think if you continue to take it then those benefits will stay and not wear off like some medications unfortunately do?

I am on day 16 but I wonít comment til day 30 so that I have real consistent data.

Angela

Quote Originally Posted by Ange4 View Post
    Hi Judy, I was wondering how you and Fiona were doing on the LDN? Do you think your benefits are still there? Do you think if you continue to take it then those benefits will stay and not wear off like some medications unfortunately do?

I am on day 16 but I wonít comment til day 30 so that I have real consistent data.

Angela
    Hello Angela

I am almost 7 months into my LDN journey; currently taking 2.5 mg liquid form.

I think the benefits are increasing, my flushing is rare (only if I have a cheeky glass of something) and my skin tolerance has definitely increased!

Perfume, cleaning products, scented candles, computer screen, used to affect me, also emotions brought on severe nerve pain episodes!

Shows no sign of wearing-off, I feel like I am building resistance, less flushing=less nerve pain= MORE LIFE!!!

Take care!

x
    SUFFER FROM NEUROPATHIC ROSACEA & OCULAR ROSACEA SINCE 2002.

*Vit D3,Theratears Omega 3.

*LDN since October 2018.

*REN skincare range. TARTE cosmetics.

*Tried Clonidine, Moxonidine & Atenolol (None being taken at present ).

*Yearly IPL treatments until 2009.

* RLT Journey!" (Sept 09) **Using Britebox Revive..(Stopped ).

History of Hyperthyroidism (Graves) Lichen Planus (oral)
    PROUD TO BE DIFFERENT

Quote Originally Posted by Momof View Post
    Thank you Judy. I truly believe that if I sort out the nerve pain, everything else ( flushing and swelling) will stop. It all started after laser with intermittent nerve pain, stinging and burning a few months later but the actual feeling of a bad flush ďcoming onĒ didnít happen for about a year. The flushing has really been the last step in the development of the disease.
    I am also taking Clonidine 50microgram x3 daily which stops the overwhelming flushing but not the nerve pain, tingling or burning if that makes sense.
    I will post a picture of research done by Prof Martin Steinhoff which suggests that the immune, nervous and vascular system are connected and that immunoregulation might help (see right of picture) That would explain why LDN and Plaquenil helps people because they are both immunoregulators and stop the immune system from triggering the facial nerves which in turn will eventually calm down the veins. 1.3 tonight.
    No major side effects except for dreaming which is always a side effect of any medication I take ( in fact the clonidine could be causing them too).
    Molly
    Molly, do I understand correctly that your neuropathic pain was triggered by laser? Can you tell something more about the treatment and the laser used? Thank you very much.
    Lena

Hello Angela

I am almost 7 months into my LDN journey; currently taking 2.5 mg liquid form.

I think the benefits are increasing, my flushing is rare (only if I have a cheeky glass of something) and my skin tolerance has definitely increased!

Perfume, cleaning products, scented candles, computer screen, used to affect me, also emotions brought on severe nerve pain episodes!

Shows no sign of wearing-off, I feel like I am building resistance, less flushing=less nerve pain= MORE LIFE!!!

Take care!

x

Judy, I am so happy for you!!!! I bet it seems like a miracle right? Why donít more people know about this and itís possible benefits? My very good friend is stage 4 pancreatic cancer with liver metastasis and I found an article on four patients as a kind of study doing the LDN along with alpha lipoid acid IVs. The patients did amazing so now my friend is going to be starting it next week I think.

Iím excited to give my one month report in 14 days. I just donít want to jinx it. Also, at what point am I able to private message. I have now risen from Junior member to just member?

Take Care
    Angela

Judy, I am so happy for you!!!! I bet it seems like a miracle right? Why donít more people know about this and itís possible benefits? My very good friend is stage 4 pancreatic cancer with liver metastasis and I found an article on four patients as a kind of study doing the LDN along with alpha lipoid acid IVs. The patients did amazing so now my friend is going to be starting it next week I think.

Iím excited to give my one month report in 14 days. I just donít want to jinx it. Also, at what point am I able to private message. I have now risen from Junior member to just member?

Take Care
    Angela
    Aww! Thank you Angela!

When I think of the treatments/meds/topicals that I have tried!! RLT was one of the worst as it made my face swell even more!!
    IPL helped and then suddenly made everything so much worse!!
    ALL meds that I tried caused side-effects & a top derm didn't even recognise neuropathic rosacea, he just thought it was odd that my nose would go icy-cold when I got nerve pain!

Lovely Fiona has helped me, she thought that as I had auto-immune disorders that LDN would be good..............how right she was!

My dry eyes caused by ocular rosacea are so much better as is the dry mouth syndrome (which has gone!).

I want to shout it from the roof tops!!!

Fingers crossed that you have good results too...................

Hugs

J x

*LDN since October 2018.

PROUD TO BE DIFFERENT

Default Angela!

I have just sent you a TEST private message & it went through, so you should be okay!

J

*LDN since October 2018.

PROUD TO BE DIFFERENT

Default Hi Lena

Hi Lena. It was a V Beam treatment. I think it was too severe for me. I will never touch a machine again

Quote Originally Posted by Momof View Post
    Hi Lena. It was a V Beam treatment. I think it was too severe for me. I will never touch a machine again
    Me Neither!

J

*LDN since October 2018.

PROUD TO BE DIFFERENT

I have just sent you a TEST private message & it went through, so you should be okay!

J

Ok Judy, I am literally from the Stone Age because I canít figure out how and where to check private message from. Could you kindly help a little old lady?

Angela

Ok Judy, I am literally from the Stone Age because I canít figure out how and where to check private message from. Could you kindly help a little old lady?

Angela
    Hi Angela

You'll see a little menu at the top right of your screen, with 'Welcome, [your screen name], Notifications, My Profile, Settings, Log out'. If you have the message, you'll have a little '1' under the Notifications. Anyway, click on Notifications and you'll see your messages.

Hope that helps.