Page 33 of 47 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Thread: My Low Dose Naltrexone Journey (so far)

Quote Originally Posted by opare View Post
    May I ask has skin sensivity face/head come down too taking LDN?
    A resounding YES! for me!

J
    SUFFER FROM NEUROPATHIC ROSACEA & OCULAR ROSACEA.

*Vit D3,Theratears Omega 3.

*LDN since October 2018.

*REN skincare range. TARTE cosmetics.

*Tried Clonidine, Moxonidine & Atenolol (None being taken at present ).

*Yearly IPL treatments until 2009.

* RLT Journey!" (Sept 09) **Using Britebox Revive..(Stopped ).

* Use Optimel & Ilast cream for MGD Ocular rosacea.

History of Hyperthyroidism (Graves) Lichen Planus (oral)
    PROUD TO BE DIFFERENT

Quote Originally Posted by Judworth View Post
    A resounding YES! for me!

J
    Thats great. And afaik you are all aroundbthat 2-2.5mg mark?

Thats great. And afaik you are all aroundbthat 2-2.5mg mark?
    Dropped back to 2 mg (over 7 months on); started on 0.5 mg which I would strongly advice and increase s-l-o-w-l-y.

*LDN since October 2018.

PROUD TO BE DIFFERENT

May I ask has skin sensivity face/head come down too taking LDN?
    Opare, yes for me too. A big difference with such a minute change. This may be why drs. For years have found so many different diseases and conditions it helped at a range of the low dose.

Canít wait till youíre able to try this for yourself and see how you do. We will all be rooting for you.

Angela

Quote Originally Posted by Ange4 View Post
    Opare, yes for me too. A big difference with such a minute change. This may be why drs. For years have found so many different diseases and conditions it helped at a range of the low dose.

Canít wait till youíre able to try this for yourself and see how you do. We will all be rooting for you.

Angela
    Actually, let me clarify what I think you meant to say Opare so that others understand. You asked if skin sensitivity came down to taking too LDN. I think you meant and Judy and I interpreted you as saying too MUCH LDN, which we both agreed with. I think you forgot the word much but we both knew what you meant. I just want everyone else to clearly understand what we all meant.

So, to be clear, Judy and I feel at least for us that there is a fine line of relief for us being that anything above 2.5 mg is not helpful for us and actually exacerbates our condition. We both recently jumped back to 2 mg nightly and as for me I have seen benefits again with that lower dose.

Take care,
    Angela

Actually, let me clarify what I think you meant to say Opare so that others understand. You asked if skin sensitivity came down to taking too LDN. I think you meant and Judy and I interpreted you as saying too MUCH LDN, which we both agreed with. I think you forgot the word much but we both knew what you meant. I just want everyone else to clearly understand what we all meant.

So, to be clear, Judy and I feel at least for us that there is a fine line of relief for us being that anything above 2.5 mg is not helpful for us and actually exacerbates our condition. We both recently jumped back to 2 mg nightly and as for me I have seen benefits again with that lower dose.

Take care,
    Angela
    Angela,

Totally agree, 2 mg appears to be a much better dose for me, my main issues are humidity and emotional changes (happy/sad/excited/nervous) LDN certainly helps with this.

J

*LDN since October 2018.

PROUD TO BE DIFFERENT

Thanks, I think you got it right first time?^^ Anyhow Thx.

The reason Im asking is when I hopefully can start my way with LDN, if I might be able to sleep on the side again, without triggering it. Maybe that clarifies it a bit more. Have any of you taken? ACV? I think its a huge trigger for me :/

Laying down and relax is also not working well atm :/ Also ends in a semi-flush.

Im taking Ibuprofen and Relaxane atm. Relaxane plant based against Anxiety, Nervousity... really need something stronger, but damn doctors are so hesitant. I asked for actual anxiety drug and beta blockers with explaining my situation... no luck.
    Tomorrow we go again

Thanks, I think you got it right first time?^^ Anyhow Thx.

The reason Im asking is when I hopefully can start my way with LDN, if I might be able to sleep on the side again, without triggering it. Maybe that clarifies it a bit more. Have any of you taken? ACV? I think its a huge trigger for me :/

Laying down and relax is also not working well atm :/ Also ends in a semi-flush.

Im taking Ibuprofen and Relaxane atm. Relaxane plant based against Anxiety, Nervousity... really need something stronger, but damn doctors are so hesitant. I asked for actual anxiety drug and beta blockers with explaining my situation... no luck.
    Tomorrow we go again
    Opare, I am so sorry that you are having to deal with so much BS and push back from your medical team. Iím sure that it is frustrating and possibly adding to your anxiety. Have you thought of putting fans next to you when you lie down? I know that you have a strong heat sensitivity like me and that may calm you if you donít feel overly warm when you are trying to sleep or relax. Even though LDN helps me that I can turn my fans way down, I still feel relaxed to have some comforting air flow on me.

Angela

Opare, I am so sorry that you are having to deal with so much BS and push back from your medical team. I’m sure that it is frustrating and possibly adding to your anxiety. Have you thought of putting fans next to you when you lie down? I know that you have a strong heat sensitivity like me and that may calm you if you don’t feel overly warm when you are trying to sleep or relax. Even though LDN helps me that I can turn my fans way down, I still feel relaxed to have some comforting air flow on me.

Angela
    Thx Angela, I have a fan during night with a timer. Its a challenge currently making it somehow through a day. Cleaning my face I can only do with a bit of water at the moment. Its just exhausting like balancing on a slowly rope. As well as the rest of my body feels pretty chill that does like it warm, makes it even more frustrating. I really think I could feel so much better with LDN. Sadly I may not take it over another month.
    I am sorry but I cant work like this. Have to find a different job or live on benefits :/

Usually the day starts off quite good but ends very annoying. Damn rollercoaster.

Sorry for all the negativity

Thx Angela, I have a fan during night with a timer. Its a challenge currently making it somehow through a day. Cleaning my face I can only do with a bit of water at the moment. Its just exhausting like balancing on a slowly rope. As well as the rest of my body feels pretty chill that does like it warm, makes it even more frustrating. I really think I could feel so much better with LDN. Sadly I may not take it over another month.
    I am sorry but I cant work like this. Have to find a different job or live on benefits :/

Usually the day starts off quite good but ends very annoying. Damn rollercoaster.

Sorry for all the negativity
    No, donít be sorry..... we all get it and many of us have been right there. The only good thing for me is I work part time in my husbandís office where I can control my AC and fans etc. otherwise I could not have a regular job either plus I have four teenagers that I shuttle everywhere. Have hope because you will get on the LDN even if itís not for another month. Remember also that when you start taking it it may take a few days to a couple weeks if not more to see benefits. I didnít notice anything until the 12th day. Others noticed certain things right away and some it took a couple of months. You will get through this. We all have to have hope or otherwise we have nothing and nothing is a pretty bad place to be.

My prayers go out to you each day!! Hang in there, Opare!!

Angela