Thread: Does oracea help with swelling/inflammation?

Default Does oracea help with swelling/inflammation?

Just wondering if anyone has taken oracea and seen benefit in their swelling and inflammation. I have a prescription but have been hesitant to take it due to seb derm, but if it will help the 5 or 6 bumps I get a week and maybe bring down some swelling I am willing to try. I have a pretty strong treatment for my seb derm with climbazole lotion so maybe I can keep it at bay while helping the rosacea.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomtown405 View Post
    Just wondering if anyone has taken oracea and seen benefit in their swelling and inflammation. I have a prescription but have been hesitant to take it due to seb derm, but if it will help the 5 or 6 bumps I get a week and maybe bring down some swelling I am willing to try. I have a pretty strong treatment for my seb derm with climbazole lotion so maybe I can keep it at bay while helping the rosacea.
    Hi,
    It depends what sort of swelling it is. If you mean edema from lymph, no, oracea didn?t help
    me with that. I don?t have any p&ps but I?m sure it would help with them.

Boomtown405,

Basically most docs simply say 'try this and come back to me in a month' and if it works fine and dandy, but if it doesn't, the doc tries something else. The only way to know is try it. That is why medicine is called 'practicing' since the practitioners are learning as they go along prescribing medication. After they see hundreds of patients coming into them with erythema and pimples they eventually learn over time what works for one may or may not work for another. Some are really good at figuring out what to prescribe, while others are still on a learning curve. If you are suffering from inflammation which usually includes swelling, taking Oracea for about four to eight weeks may improve your condition. The only way to know is try it. There are many who simply rave about Oracea and love it, but you will have to take it for the rest of your life. And watch what happens if you go off Oracea, since it comes back with gusto. So, yes, it does indeed control rosacea but it certainly doesn't cure it. And while Oracea is low dose, in time, probably after years of treatment, you will experience the long term effects of taking a low dose, timed release antibiotic since there are no published results of this.
    Brady Barrows
    Blog - Join the RRDi