Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 38464748

Thread: My Low Dose Naltrexone Journey (so far)

How are you guys holding up on LDN? I'm still on 1.0. It worked well I think for a few weeks, missed one dose, and since then it has been a struggle. Not sure if my body just needs to get used to 1.0 again or I should move on to 1.5mg
    What do you guys think?

Quote Originally Posted by opare View Post
    How are you guys holding up on LDN? I'm still on 1.0. It worked well I think for a few weeks, missed one dose, and since then it has been a struggle. Not sure if my body just needs to get used to 1.0 again or I should move on to 1.5mg
    What do you guys think?
    Things going really well here; still on 2 mg of the drops. rarely flush and even emotional flushing is way down!

It will be a year for me on 25th October, don't think anymore that 2 mg is necessary for me.

J
    SUFFER FROM NEUROPATHIC ROSACEA & OCULAR ROSACEA.

*Vit D3,Theratears Omega 3.

*LDN since October 2018.

*REN skincare range. TARTE cosmetics.

*Tried Clonidine, Moxonidine & Atenolol (None being taken at present ).

*Yearly IPL treatments until 2009.

* RLT Journey!" (Sept 09) **Using Britebox Revive..(Stopped ).

* Use Optimel & Ilast cream for MGD Ocular rosacea.

History of Hyperthyroidism (Graves) Lichen Planus (oral)
    PROUD TO BE DIFFERENT

Hi everyone.

Well.. to be really honest I dont think reducing my dose from 4.5 mg to 2mg made much difference to me. I still have the same level of improvement whatever dose I take. I am currently upping my dose again and am currently at 3.5 mg.. but once again I see no down turn or improvement of my condition from its initial improvement, after starting LDN.

I am, TBH, a little dubious that minute changes in dosage (of 0.5 mg up or down) makes much of any difference.. Rosacea is so fickle and unpredictable that it's easy to ascribe any increase or reduction in symptoms to a slightly adjusted dose, but in reality its just rosacea doing its thing because the wind changed direction that day/week.

I thought I had an improvement when I initially went down to 2mg daily, but after a couple of weeks at that dose I went back to my previous state (which, I have to stress, is still waaaaay batter than it was before LDN). My conclusion is that I was just having a particular good face stretch for a few weeks and the dose change wasn't responsible.

That's my tuppence worth, based on my personal experience. Clearly some of you feel that you get a change in symptoms within a day or two of changing your dose, but how do you know if its the LDN?.. I dont think it is for me. Maybe my wee theory is right or wrong.. or maybe we're all right and once again rosacea is different for us all.

I DO however think that some of you are too timid with your experimentation with LDN.. I honestly dont believe that shifting up or down my .5 mg would break your faces.. I really dont.. I think we need to take a longer view (perhaps a few weeks) before deciding whether or not the LDN dose (or the weather/food.stress etc etc) has made the difference

sorry f I sound controversial... dont mean to be inflammatory - at least no more than our faces already are!!

Quote Originally Posted by Fiugs View Post
    Hi everyone.

Well.. to be really honest I dont think reducing my dose from 4.5 mg to 2mg made much difference to me. I still have the same level of improvement whatever dose I take. I am currently upping my dose again and am currently at 3.5 mg.. but once again I see no down turn or improvement of my condition from its initial improvement, after starting LDN.

I am, TBH, a little dubious that minute changes in dosage (of 0.5 mg up or down) makes much of any difference.. Rosacea is so fickle and unpredictable that it's easy to ascribe any increase or reduction in symptoms to a slightly adjusted dose, but in reality its just rosacea doing its thing because the wind changed direction that day/week.

I thought I had an improvement when I initially went down to 2mg daily, but after a couple of weeks at that dose I went back to my previous state (which, I have to stress, is still waaaaay batter than it was before LDN). My conclusion is that I was just having a particular good face stretch for a few weeks and the dose change wasn't responsible.

That's my tuppence worth, based on my personal experience. Clearly some of you feel that you get a change in symptoms within a day or two of changing your dose, but how do you know if its the LDN?.. I dont think it is for me. Maybe my wee theory is right or wrong.. or maybe we're all right and once again rosacea is different for us all.

I DO however think that some of you are too timid with your experimentation with LDN.. I honestly dont believe that shifting up or down my .5 mg would break your faces.. I really dont.. I think we need to take a longer view (perhaps a few weeks) before deciding whether or not the LDN dose (or the weather/food.stress etc etc) has made the difference

sorry f I sound controversial... dont mean to be inflammatory - at least no more than our faces already are!!
    Glad that you are still finding improvements on LDN my friend!
    As you said, we are all as different as our conditions are!

I cannot believe that it is almost a year that I started my LDN journey..............2mg for me of the drops seems to be the optimum dose!

J
    SUFFER FROM NEUROPATHIC ROSACEA & OCULAR ROSACEA.

*Vit D3,Theratears Omega 3.

*LDN since October 2018.

*REN skincare range. TARTE cosmetics.

*Tried Clonidine, Moxonidine & Atenolol (None being taken at present ).

*Yearly IPL treatments until 2009.

* RLT Journey!" (Sept 09) **Using Britebox Revive..(Stopped ).

* Use Optimel & Ilast cream for MGD Ocular rosacea.

History of Hyperthyroidism (Graves) Lichen Planus (oral)
    PROUD TO BE DIFFERENT

Well I'm definitely going back to 1.0. Been awful few days on 1.5...
    So frustrating

Quote Originally Posted by opare View Post
    Well I'm definitely going back to 1.0. Been awful few days on 1.5...
    So frustrating
    I skipped a dose tonight. scary thing when you have this is kinda rosacea lol! But I will start over with 1.0 now I guess. Dabbing into 1.5 again was definitely not good

Hi all,
    Just checking back in with you!
    Last while has been a mixed bag... more bad days than I had over the summer. I donít know if tiredness is making things worse. I was up to 6ml of LDN but have cut back down to see if it helps. I have also increased my dose of amitriptyline to 20-30 mg per day ( depending on how sore I am) and I now take the amitriptyline during the day as I need the pain relief when Iím awake, not asleep. No weight gain from it Angela.
    Iím very fed up with my still swollen face. Nothing has reduced the residual swelling and I really donít know what to try next.
    Lasercat-how much cymbalta do you take? I think it probably works in a similar way to amitriptyline? Has anyone tried something better than clonidine for the swelling of the blood vessels. It did stop my massive flushes but because itís a vasodilator I wonder is it contributing to my residual swelling?

Quote Originally Posted by Momof View Post
    Hi all,
    Just checking back in with you!
    Last while has been a mixed bag... more bad days than I had over the summer. I don’t know if tiredness is making things worse. I was up to 6ml of LDN but have cut back down to see if it helps. I have also increased my dose of amitriptyline to 20-30 mg per day ( depending on how sore I am) and I now take the amitriptyline during the day as I need the pain relief when I’m awake, not asleep. No weight gain from it Angela.
    I’m very fed up with my still swollen face. Nothing has reduced the residual swelling and I really don’t know what to try next.
    Lasercat-how much cymbalta do you take? I think it probably works in a similar way to amitriptyline? Has anyone tried something better than clonidine for the swelling of the blood vessels. It did stop my massive flushes but because it’s a vasodilator I wonder is it contributing to my residual swelling?
    I take 80 mg cymbalta right now. 80 mg wasn't any better than 60 mg though. For neuropathic pain I'm told cymbalta / SNRI's are similar to amitriptyline, except they have less side effects. Though people can take SNRI's and tricyclics at the same time.
    That's interesting about the clonidine, I feel it decreased swelling for me in between flushing (though it didn't help the flaring at all for me), pulling blood away from extremities. propranolol also helped with swelling over time but like clonidine it did not change flaring itself for me.

edited to add - amit. has the side effect of hypotension, whereas cymbalta + effexor err on hypertension / small increase in bp. So in terms of blood vessels action, cymbalta/ effexor might be more vasoconstricting.
    Last edited by laser_cat; 5th October 2019 at 05:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by laser_cat View Post
    I take 80 mg cymbalta right now. 80 mg wasn't any better than 60 mg though. For neuropathic pain I'm told cymbalta / SNRI's are similar to amitriptyline, except they have less side effects. Though people can take SNRI's and tricyclics at the same time.
    That's interesting about the clonidine, I feel it decreased swelling for me in between flushing (though it didn't help the flaring at all for me), pulling blood away from extremities. propranolol also helped with swelling over time but like clonidine it did not change flaring itself for me.

edited to add - amit. has the side effect of hypotension, whereas cymbalta + effexor err on hypertension / small increase in bp. So in terms of blood vessels action, cymbalta/ effexor might be more vasoconstricting.
    That is really interesting about amitriptyline and vasoldilation. Maybe the amitriptyline has actually made me more swollen! Even more of a reason to switch to cymbalta.
    I took 1x 25mg of amitriptyline this morning and I felt it worked better than 3x10mg spaced out. I had an ok day despite being out in very cold wind for about 30 mins.
    So for now, I will take my LDN at night ( back to 4.5mg) and the amitriptyline in the morning.
    I am looking forward to trying cymbalta.