Page 44 of 46 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 LastLast

Thread: My Low Dose Naltrexone Journey (so far)

[QUOTE=Rubydo1;350159]
    Quote Originally Posted by Judworth View Post
    Just a thought, have you had a full thyroid function test done?

Yes Iíve had loads of blood tests.
    Iím displaying MS like symptoms but nothing on the brain scan.
    I was a supper strong outdoors sort of person. Itís Crazy ����*♀️
    And think my Doctors are sick of me too.
    There is one young female Doc that is good but sheís only part time.
    I will let you know how I get on.
    .............what were your thyroid test results?

J
    SUFFER FROM NEUROPATHIC ROSACEA & OCULAR ROSACEA.

*Vit D3,Theratears Omega 3.

*LDN since October 2018.

*REN skincare range. TARTE cosmetics.

*Tried Clonidine, Moxonidine & Atenolol (None being taken at present ).

*Yearly IPL treatments until 2009.

* RLT Journey!" (Sept 09) **Using Britebox Revive..(Stopped ).

* Use Optimel & Ilast cream for MGD Ocular rosacea.

History of Hyperthyroidism (Graves) Lichen Planus (oral)
    PROUD TO BE DIFFERENT

Quote Originally Posted by opare View Post
    Sry can I ask you, did you ever read or get from a doctor that you shouldn't take LDN with a specific drug or supplement? Not to reduce LDN's effect
    You can’t take any opiate based painkillers along with LDN. If you think about it the reasons are obvious...the LDN would block their effect. I believe you would also be sick (vomit) if you took opiates with LDN. Remember Naltrexone (not low dose) is used to help people get off opioid addiction....So I was told that, as a rule of thumb, you can take no drugs that end with “ine”.. codeine... morphine.. heroin (!)

I was told that aside from that, LDN works well alongside pretty much anything.

I would be concerned if your prescriber didn’t tell you that you can’t take opiates with LDN tho...

This information is already to be found on this thread, it’s really helpful if people check back on the thread before asking questions that have already been answered....
    Last edited by Fiugs; 15th July 2019 at 09:31 AM.

Sry can I ask you, did you ever read or get from a doctor that you shouldn't take LDN with a specific drug or supplement? Not to reduce LDN's effect
    I have graves disease (an over-active thyroid), but I am not on any medication at present, I was told to have my thyroid checked at the 6 month mark (all is fine) as LDN can effect your thyroid, particularly if
    you are pre-disposed to thyroid issues.

The supplements I take are okay with LDN.

J

*LDN since October 2018.

PROUD TO BE DIFFERENT

Quote Originally Posted by Judworth View Post
    I have graves disease (an over-active thyroid), but I am not on any medication at present, I was told to have my thyroid checked at the 6 month mark (all is fine) as LDN can effect your thyroid, particularly if
    you are pre-disposed to thyroid issues.

The supplements I take are okay with LDN.

J
    Are you saying LDN can stimulate the thyroid for some people? I guess that would make sense as I did read somewhere that it’s given to people who are struggling to lose weight, often, I believe, along with some other supplement.

Hasnt helped me in that regard sadly!

EDIT TO ADD>

Yep... here we go.. https://www.restartmed.com/naltrexone-weight-loss/
    Last edited by Fiugs; 15th July 2019 at 05:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiugs View Post
    Are you saying LDN can stimulate the thyroid for some people? I guess that would make sense as I did read somewhere that itís given to people who are struggling to lose weight, often, I believe, along with some other supplement.

Hasnt helped me in that regard sadly!

EDIT TO ADD>

Yep... here we go.. https://www.restartmed.com/naltrexone-weight-loss/
    Hello Fiona

Yes. some people who have an under-active thyroid need to reduce their meds..............I haven't lost weight either!!

I already have a tendency to have an over-active thyroid, so don't want it to kick in again!!

Judy

*LDN since October 2018.

PROUD TO BE DIFFERENT

Bit of a bumpy night lol. Dreams were vivid, but I had these pre ets too! After taking the first 1.0 I felt very tired immediately and my legs were heavy. What I dont like is that I woke up with a warm face. Usually the mornings are better, now of course thats not all down to LDN (I hope) but will see how the day goes...

My question now, what do you guys currently take with LDN to help with all of this?
    Last edited by opare; 16th July 2019 at 04:14 AM.

Bit of a bumpy night lol. Dreams were vivid, but I had these pre ets too! After taking the first 1.0 I felt very tired immediately and my legs were heavy. What I dont like is that I woke up with a warm face. Usually the mornings are better, now of course thats not all down to LDN (I hope) but will see how the day goes...

My question now, what do you guys currently take with LDN to help with all of this?
    I’m afraid I’m not much use with regard to side effects... I’ve had none at all apart from the vivid dreams, which I mostly enjoyed.

Having said that, I can still remember the first night I took LDN and I was really nervous, expecting god knows what based on some things I’d read here and there on the internet. If I recall correctly, that first night was quite disturbed, but I put that down to my own psychology because I was so nervous of the LDN!. Once I got over the nerves and realised I wasn’t going to hallucinate a tiger in my room (as in one internet account!) it was all fine for me.

Even when I was taking the highest dose of 4.5 nightly I had no side effects that I was aware of, other than vivid dreams.

You may want to consider that you too were a little nervous about taking it last night...that might also explain the warm face thing this morning? I would say give yourself a week to settle in...

Another thought... I think your doc said take it an hour before bed? I take it immediately before bed. Maybe if I took it earlier I’d also have some of the experiences you did. I wasn’t told to take it an hour before bed, so maybe you could try taking it just before bed too?

Finally, I think that almost ALL of us with rosacea tend to over examine our faces and our symptoms in minute detail. For instance, if my face is redder than usual in any given minute if the day I can easily come to the conclusion that my condition is worsening or that whatever I’m trying isn’t working etc... The condition makes many of us (including myself) really nervy and and, it has to be said, pretty OCD about our symptoms. The worst part of this is that I think that component really does make our faces worse. I know it’s easy to say, Opare, but try to take a slightly longer term view with this, certainly don’t consider a warm face thins morning to be indicative of much.

I hope that helps.. and most of all I hope that within the next week or so you start to experience something positive...
    Last edited by Fiugs; 16th July 2019 at 09:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiugs View Post
    I’m afraid I’m not much use with regard to side effects... I’ve had none at all apart from the vivid dreams, which I mostly enjoyed.

Having said that, I can still remember the first night I took LDN and I was really nervous, expecting god knows what based on some things I’d read here and there on the internet. If I recall correctly, that first night was quite disturbed, but I put that down to my own psychology because I was so nervous of the LDN!. Once I got over the nerves and realised I wasn’t going to hallucinate a tiger in my room (as in one internet account!) it was all fine for me.

Even when I was taking the highest dose of 4.5 nightly I had no side effects that I was aware of, other than vivid dreams.

You may want to consider that you too were a little nervous about taking it last night...that might also explain the warm face thing this morning? I would say give yourself a week to settle in...

Another thought... I think your doc said take it an hour before bed? I take it immediately before bed. Maybe if I took it earlier I’d also have some of the experiences you did. I wasn’t told to take it an hour before bed, so maybe you could try taking it just before bed too?

Finally, I think that almost ALL of us with rosacea tend to over examine our faces and our symptoms in minute detail. For instance, if my face is redder than usual in any given minute if the day I can easily come to the conclusion that my condition is worsening or that whatever I’m trying isn’t working etc... The condition makes many of us (including myself) really nervy and and, it has to be said, pretty OCD about our symptoms. The worst part of this is that I think that component really does make our faces worse. I know it’s easy to say, Opare, but try to take a slightly longer term view with this, certainly don’t consider a warm face thins morning to be indicative of much.

I hope that helps.. and most of all I hope that within the next week or so you start to experience something positive...
    Thx, yes maybe I should have started with 0.5mg and not 1.0mg. But the doc only gave me 1.0 and 1.5. As well he said to open the capsule and to leave it on the tongue a bit before swallowing it lol
    Btw I think you recommended the tinted sunscreen that is a bit yellow ish? I'm using that one currently not sure if good or bad for my skin but have to hide the redness a bit...
    you are right it is OCD, and its stressful causing the skin to suffer even more...
    I really hope I get some relief and will stick to this. Even though my doc told me I could continue taking CBD oil, I'm not sure as I want a clear picture of LDN. There are articles about that LDN orally and/or topically can help with Eczema too. There is hope!

I'm gonna stay on 1.0 for 2 weeks and then improve to 1.5

so currently I take
    LDN 1.0mg
    Inderal (Propranolol) 20mg sporadically
    Zinc 30mg
    Relaxane (plant based against anxiety) sporadically
    Magnesiumorotat 800mg (elementary Magnesium 50mg)
    Omega 369 (have to re-buy) 550 mg, 86mg, 290mg

If I really should add something to this for my rosacea, seb derm condition please let me know =)
    Last edited by opare; 16th July 2019 at 10:20 AM.

Default Opare.

So glad you have started on LDN!! YAY!!

I got aching legs, mild headaches and felt that I was always on the edge of sleep.............all of those side effects have now gone!

Try to relax about it all and I would go as slowly as possible when increasing your LDN dose, less is more and more is certainly not better IMO.

All the best!

J

*LDN since October 2018.

PROUD TO BE DIFFERENT

Default After one week on 2mg dose

Well dear folks, as you know I decided to try reducing my 4.5 mg dose of LDN gradually, by 0.5 mg weekly until I was at 2mg. I thought it might be worth trying becuase a couple of you who are on that minimal dose seem to have had even better results than Iíve had over the last year... and I canít be outdone!

The only issue I was still facing with since starting on LDN 16 months ago has been flushing. It is, Iím sure, way less than before LDN, but I have still had to avoid any warm temperatures or very stressful situations.

So.... Iíve now been taking 2mg LDN nightly for just over a week and, although Iím kinda hesitant to post results so soon because itís such early days, I think I do see an improvement.

My face looks paler in its resting state and I donít seem to be flushing so easily. Iíve just come back from a shopping trip and the shopping centre I was in is one Iíve always dreaded... in the winter itís been way too heated for me and in the summer the glass roof makes the place sooo warm on a sunny day. It is sunny today, the centre was pretty warm... and I didnít flush! I didnít even get that pre-flush, tight, ďmy face isnít happyĒ feeling at all. I donít think I was even slightly pink.

I have had a couple of very minor warm face situations earlier this week, brought on by prolonged periods of strong concentration at work.. ďflushĒ would too strong a word... more like a wee blush.. not at all uncomfortable. Iíve forgotten how normal face behaves to be honest, maybe lots of non rosaceans get a little warm on the cheeks at times?

My face has actually looked a bit on the pale side some days this week... I almost considered putting on some blusher the other day... cripes!!!

Other than it being way to early to make any great pronouncement, my other caveat is that Iíve been using a new moisturiser the past month that, amongst other things, is said to reduce redness. Itís very expensive but I thought what the heck, Iíll try it. So the paler face might be at least in part due to that. But anyway... so far so good on the 2mg LDN front... certainly no return of the old symptoms and so far a reduction in flushing. Time will tell.. and il post here again when I feel more confident that thereís a real long term improvement.

Oh, and in case anyone is curious, the cream is ďThe Rich CreamĒ by Augustinus Bader. Iím certainly not rich after buying it, but my face does love the stuff. No need to talk in depth about whatís special about it, just google it...

Onwards and upwards!

I hope youíre getting used to the LDN now Opare and I pray you get some relief soon as well.

All the best xxx