Page 55 of 55 FirstFirst ... 545535455

Thread: My Low Dose Naltrexone Journey (so far)

Quote Originally Posted by Momof View Post
    It is amazing the way we all react so differently to drugs. I am on Duloxetine and not only is it helping tremendously with nerve pain, it has improved my mood so much. I feel so happy all the time!! Obviously that means the withdrawal symptoms would be horrendous but I think I will need to continue taking it for a long time for the pain anyway.
    I have been trialling MSM capsules too ( for flushing). It definitely makes my face extra cool. A lovely sensation.
    Hi, itís Angela.....I have been off the forum for awhile and not because I am doing well. I never got back to that sweet spot with the LDN when I lowered back down to 1.5 mg. I just upped it to 2 mg two nights ago and Iíll see if that helps.

I also started Hydroxychlorquine after reading a bit on Natís Scarlett Blog. I noticed that Antwantsclear has seen marked improvement using it. I have been using it for 10 weeks but havenít noticed much. Iím hoping it will improve with more time as I noticed that some said that it can take up to 4-5 months for full benefit. I replied to you because I know that you have mentioned heat sensitivity which is my biggest problem. Just on my face and ears. I have to have a fan on my face 24/7 along with a spray water bottle.
    Have you gotten any relief from anything? Did LDN help you with that? You and I started that around the same time. What dose do you do? Also, I used to use MSM but I didnít really notice much with it. You mentioned that your face is cool taking that. What dose do you do and how long have you been using it?

Any help would be appreciated.

Angela

Quote Originally Posted by Ange4 View Post
    Hi, itís Angela.....I have been off the forum for awhile and not because I am doing well. I never got back to that sweet spot with the LDN when I lowered back down to 1.5 mg. I just upped it to 2 mg two nights ago and Iíll see if that helps.

I also started Hydroxychlorquine after reading a bit on Natís Scarlett Blog. I noticed that Antwantsclear has seen marked improvement using it. I have been using it for 10 weeks but havenít noticed much. Iím hoping it will improve with more time as I noticed that some said that it can take up to 4-5 months for full benefit. I replied to you because I know that you have mentioned heat sensitivity which is my biggest problem. Just on my face and ears. I have to have a fan on my face 24/7 along with a spray water bottle.
    Have you gotten any relief from anything? Did LDN help you with that? You and I started that around the same time. What dose do you do? Also, I used to use MSM but I didnít really notice much with it. You mentioned that your face is cool taking that. What dose do you do and how long have you been using it?

Hi Angela,
    Iím sorry to hear that you havenít been improving.
    I am taking 60mg duloxetine in the morning and it has helped the nerve pain a lot. I will say that cold wind ( for example today), is still a trigger, and my face was sore today after some wind but it didnít burn the way it used to.
    I am still taking the LDN 4.5 mg but I donít think it is helping any more so I will discontinue once I run out of it.
    I am also taking 750mg of MSM. It is also helping. I had been taking 1500mg but I became very sore and stiff throughout my body which I can only attribute to the MSM.
    I have heard the Hydroxychlorquine is excellent too but it is a slow acting drug. Have you had your eyes checked?
    I will be seeing a neurologist next year as all the dermatologists I have seen are completely uneducated about neurogenic rosacea

Angela

Momof, I have seen an eye dr and will get a retina dr to check me every 6 months. I will also add MSM again to see if it helps.

Thank you.
    Angela

Angela
    Momof, I am having trouble trying to figure out why I canít use your quote when I send message. I am so not technical. Anyways, I was wondering if you gained any weight while taking the duloxetine? Also, I never have nerve pain first. I always have extreme heat sensation on my face and ears then flush with pain and sometimes bad swelling. When it gets bad it feels as if acid is being poured on my face. Would the duloxetine possibly help me?

Have a good day.
    Angela

Momof, I am having trouble trying to figure out why I canít use your quote when I send message. I am so not technical. Anyways, I was wondering if you gained any weight while taking the duloxetine? Also, I never have nerve pain first. I always have extreme heat sensation on my face and ears then flush with pain and sometimes bad swelling. When it gets bad it feels as if acid is being poured on my face. Would the duloxetine possibly help me?

Have a good day.
    Angela
    Hi Angela,
    If you click ďreply with quoteĒ, you should be able to include my quote.
    No, I havenít gained any weight with Duloxetine.
    Iím not sure if Duloxetine would help you as it targets nerve pain ( which is my primary issue), whereas your primary issue seems to be your blood vessel instability. I would give the hydrox. a but more time to work- I believe that is very good for blood vessels.
    Molly