Page 46 of 55 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast

Thread: My Low Dose Naltrexone Journey (so far)

Default The Ultimate test

Well Judy... looks like youíre going to get the ultimate test today... temps possibly as high as 38-39 C and humidity.. Iíll be thinking of you... do let us know how you fare.

Itís not been as hot up here in Scotland, but itís due to be very humid and thundery later today - and 29 degrees. Like you, humid heat tends to be tough for me. Iíve been fine the last few days though... I even went for a walk in full 25 C sun light with no sun hat the other day (spf 50 PA++++ of course!) and I was just fine. I confess I was struggling because my whole body doesnít like that kind of temperature, but I didnít flush... and....(drum roll!) I was sweating ! Yay, RESULT! I even had sweat on my brow, what a novelty.

Default Sweating YAY!!

Quote Originally Posted by Fiugs View Post
    Well Judy... looks like youíre going to get the ultimate test today... temps possibly as high as 38-39 C and humidity.. Iíll be thinking of you... do let us know how you fare.

Itís not been as hot up here in Scotland, but itís due to be very humid and thundery later today - and 29 degrees. Like you, humid heat tends to be tough for me. Iíve been fine the last few days though... I even went for a walk in full 25 C sun light with no sun hat the other day (spf 50 PA++++ of course!) and I was just fine. I confess I was struggling because my whole body doesnít like that kind of temperature, but I didnít flush... and....(drum roll!) I was sweating ! Yay, RESULT! I even had sweat on my brow, what a novelty.
    Hello Fiona!

Yes! circa 36C here!! I have sweat on my forehead and dripping down my back and ahem chest as I type!!

I have felt a slight prickle on my face, but nothing more! Incredible!

Soooooooooo happy for us!!

BTW love the drops............they appear to be spot on for me, keep them in a little fridge upstairs!

Hugs Judy
    SUFFER FROM NEUROPATHIC ROSACEA & OCULAR ROSACEA.

*Vit D3,Theratears Omega 3.

*LDN since October 2018.

*REN skincare range. TARTE cosmetics.

*Tried Clonidine, Moxonidine & Atenolol (None being taken at present ).

*Yearly IPL treatments until 2009.

* RLT Journey!" (Sept 09) **Using Britebox Revive..(Stopped ).

* Use Optimel & Ilast cream for MGD Ocular rosacea.

History of Hyperthyroidism (Graves) Lichen Planus (oral)
    PROUD TO BE DIFFERENT

Want to give a quick update. I have now been on 1.0 for 2 weeks. It's very hard to tell if it got better or not. Mid last week I felt I could eat more without getting triggered, or if I got red it would cool off more quickly. Sadly until this weekend it is creeping back. My plan was after 2 weeks to try 1.5mg and see how it goes. As I'm not really happy currently I will up the dose.
    I'm getting like constant minor headaches what Ive read could be from LDN. Maybe it's something more in the beginning that wears off. My heat intolerance is weird too I have a feeling it got worse in the chest area but bit better in the head...

O.
    Last edited by opare; 29th July 2019 at 06:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by opare View Post
    Want to give a quick update. I have now been on 1.0 for 2 weeks. It's very hard to tell if it got better or not. Mid last week I felt I could eat more without getting triggered, or if I got red it would cool off more quickly. Sadly until this weekend it is creeping back. My plan was after 2 weeks to try 1.5mg and see how it goes. As I'm not really happy currently I will up the dose.
    I'm getting like constant minor headaches what Ive read could be from LDN. Maybe it's something more in the beginning that wears off. My heat intolerance is weird too I have a feeling it got worse in the chest area but bit better in the head...

O.
    2 weeks is a very short time, please don't rush into increasing it because you feel you aren't getting the results you need; yes, headaches are a side effect for some, try to have faith and take small steps.

All the best.

J
    SUFFER FROM NEUROPATHIC ROSACEA & OCULAR ROSACEA.

*Vit D3,Theratears Omega 3.

*LDN since October 2018.

*REN skincare range. TARTE cosmetics.

*Tried Clonidine, Moxonidine & Atenolol (None being taken at present ).

*Yearly IPL treatments until 2009.

* RLT Journey!" (Sept 09) **Using Britebox Revive..(Stopped ).

* Use Optimel & Ilast cream for MGD Ocular rosacea.

History of Hyperthyroidism (Graves) Lichen Planus (oral)
    PROUD TO BE DIFFERENT

Donít give up hope Opare.

Itís very easy to over examine our symptoms when we are trying something new... I suspect if you had a sore toe right now you wouldnít think it was due to the LDN, so maybe some of the other physical things that come and go are also not because of the LDN. Only time will tell.

What about face pain? That was the first thing to go with me. That went very quickly, certainly within a week. It took quite a longer time (if I recall correctly) before I got some of the other benefits.

To be honest (and I know Iím in the minority in this respect) I donít understand why some people are so nervous about increasing their dose. LDN is such an innocuous drug, surely? It seems to me that if most of us here, who are seeing benefits, see them at around the 2 mg dose, then that is the dose to aim for if you donít see benefits at 1.5, which is generally considered to be the starter dose.

I always remember my prescriber telling me that some people are still seeing gradual improvements as much as 18 months later.. I am in the category for sure... and in some cases people only start to see improvements after about 18 months. Youíre at the very early stages... try to take the long view, but also donít give up hope for some improvements to come your way sooner.

And believe me I know how hard it is to take the long view with this horrible condition! I am so very impatient! But in my experience, as soon as I started to get even one slight improvement I felt incredibly positive that more benefits would come later. And they did. I hope the same happens for you.

Take care
    X

Thank you and yes I can see both views.

Fiona, I was very happy last week when I thought I had like improved my heat intolerance, but today at work I feel warm but it does not trigger a flush it's just "there". I think I sweat a little bit more on my feet but of course that could have been due tue the weather too.
    Exactly, my goal ist 2.0mg and to stay there. Therefore I will increase every 2 weeks until 2.0. That was my plan at least. Now that I'm not sure about 1.0 I will go up to 1.5 and just see how it feels, maybe everything is awful and I would go back down to 1.0

Hey, I was even able going back to a cleanser.

I want to keep taking the CBD oil too I think. But that's just secondary. My main focus is LDN.

The margin is very thin

Thank you and yes I can see both views.

Fiona, I was very happy last week when I thought I had like improved my heat intolerance, but today at work I feel warm but it does not trigger a flush it's just "there". I think I sweat a little bit more on my feet but of course that could have been due tue the weather too.
    Exactly, my goal ist 2.0mg and to stay there. Therefore I will increase every 2 weeks until 2.0. That was my plan at least. Now that I'm not sure about 1.0 I will go up to 1.5 and just see how it feels, maybe everything is awful and I would go back down to 1.0

Hey, I was even able going back to a cleanser.

I want to keep taking the CBD oil too I think. But that's just secondary. My main focus is LDN.

The margin is very thin

Opare, how have you been doing on the LDN? I was just curious because I have yet to get back to that sweet spot that I was at early on. I continue to take 2 mg each night but Iím not seeing improvement.

Hope that you are improving.

Angela

Hey Angela,

I'm still taking 1.0 I went up to 1.5mg twice but it got worse so I'm staying here for now. The last few days have been difficult to say how much it has helped me cause I went out drinking three times... I know I know. I can eat plenty of things again and if I keep my stress level at minimum it is ok. The weather has cooled down too though. I'm keeping an eye on Ets reversal still. I have added coconut oil daily in my regimen and still use the avene tolerance.
    I'm grateful for the finca sunscreen which helps a bit too I think. and the Cbd oil.

Next week I will start preparing for the reversal surgery and start eating healthy, no alcohol again.

Hope you are doing good. I was actually about to post and ask how all of you are doing.

O.

Hey Angela,

I'm still taking 1.0 I went up to 1.5mg twice but it got worse so I'm staying here for now. The last few days have been difficult to say how much it has helped me cause I went out drinking three times... I know I know. I can eat plenty of things again and if I keep my stress level at minimum it is ok. The weather has cooled down too though. I'm keeping an eye on Ets reversal still. I have added coconut oil daily in my regimen and still use the avene tolerance.
    I'm grateful for the finca sunscreen which helps a bit too I think. and the Cbd oil.

Next week I will start preparing for the reversal surgery and start eating healthy, no alcohol again.

Hope you are doing good. I was actually about to post and ask how all of you are doing.

O.
    Opare, Iím not doing so well. Iíve had some horrible afternoon/evening flushes. The acid burning face swelling kind that can last up to seven hours. I started cbd capsules a week ago with little help. Today, I have added cbd face cream and so far no help with that. I am going to lower my LDN from 2 mg down to 1.5 mg to see if that helps. I remember on the 19th day of doing LDN, I felt hopeful that I was getting my life back but then after increasing it to 3 mg made me go backwards.

It is still really hot here. Itís like 90-95 Fahrenheit every day with humidity. Do you still have heat sensitivity? How is the coconut oil helping you if any?

I will add that I came across Lizzy (Laser Cat) talking about how the supplement Palmitoylethanolamide might prove helpful so I ordered it and started it last night. I think that it takes a few weeks to help if it is going to help.

I hope that you can find more relief also.

Take Care,
    Angela

Quote Originally Posted by Ange4 View Post
    Opare, Iím not doing so well. Iíve had some horrible afternoon/evening flushes. The acid burning face swelling kind that can last up to seven hours. I started cbd capsules a week ago with little help. Today, I have added cbd face cream and so far no help with that. I am going to lower my LDN from 2 mg down to 1.5 mg to see if that helps. I remember on the 19th day of doing LDN, I felt hopeful that I was getting my life back but then after increasing it to 3 mg made me go backwards.

It is still really hot here. Itís like 90-95 Fahrenheit every day with humidity. Do you still have heat sensitivity? How is the coconut oil helping you if any?

I will add that I came across Lizzy (Laser Cat) talking about how the supplement Palmitoylethanolamide might prove helpful so I ordered it and started it last night. I think that it takes a few weeks to help if it is going to help.

I hope that you can find more relief also.

Take Care,
    Angela
    I'm so sorry you are struggling, Angela. I don't think the PEA supp will make or break anything for you unfortunately if the CBD did not help at all. They are comparable in mechanism. The PEA helps me minimally but enough where I notice if I go without.

One thing maybe - if you can't find your sweet spot again w/ LDN, is to come off LDN and slowly titrate back up.

I did go back and try the LDN again myself but after a few days even 0.5 mg made me hotter. arg.

I hope you keep trying things. Man, that heat sounds brutal. Though I'm optimistic you'll find your working LDN dose again at some pt..

Best