Page 45 of 54 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast

Thread: My Low Dose Naltrexone Journey (so far)

Thank you all.

Yes Im still at 1.0mg. I have to say I cant comment on the flushing or redness part as its too early, 6th night now, but I think when Im relaxed I can eat without flushing to everything again? Im still very stressed about all this, so it could be just coincidence due to weekend being able to stay at home. Im sleeping better though, yes crazy dreams lol, but that is ok. still fighting some kind of seb derm/eczema in my face but the scalp itching is better. I use special Ektoselen shampoo every other day for that too. Heat intolerance, skin sensivity same. But my mood is worse. Im trying not to take Propranolol regularly but the rebound does effect me I think. I usually never check my face out in a mirror in the store but I thought what the heck, no flush, and boy was I red lol. So that really **** my mood of course. Still searching for covering redness, but even the latest anti redness from Eucerin, green color, my skin did not accept. I have to go back to the organic tinted sun screen I guess. My face is currently really not ready for any kind of make up, but I refuse to go to work looking like a tomato... Sebclair creme is arriving soon hopefully so I will try that. Cbd oil I take too. Orally and a bit topically. I know a lot of changes lately.

Btw as the Doc told me I open every capsule of LDN and just let it sit a bit in the mouth before swallowing it. I actually dont mind the taste, I just hope I dont fake any effects by doing it like this but I guess it doesnt matter how it gets into your blood stream

Day by day
    O.
    Last edited by opare; 20th July 2019 at 10:41 PM.

Hi all, back after a very busy period at work.
    Iím currently on 4.3 ml of LDN and will increase to 4.5 tonight. I will stay at 4.5 for a few weeks to see how I go. My face is much cooler overall. I am not flushing any more. I still get the intermittent prickling / stinging and my cheeks are still quite swollen ( I assume a combination of blood vessels swelling and too much leaking fluid for my lymph system to drain) but overall I know it is helping. I just wish I could get rid of the swelling.
    I have reduced Clonidine to only 2x.25 micrograms in the morning as it wasnít having any major beneficial effect and I will discontinue once it runs out.
    I am also taking 10mg of Amitriptyline for nerve pain which I think helps a bit too.
    Opare- I recommended the Finca tinted sunscreen. It has been a miracle for me as my face reacts badly to every type of foundation these days. It is yellow based which for me works far better than the green based tints ( green makes me look ill). It just allows me to go out and about with both sun protection and my redness covered.
    Molly

Quote Originally Posted by Fiugs View Post
    Well dear folks, as you know I decided to try reducing my 4.5 mg dose of LDN gradually, by 0.5 mg weekly until I was at 2mg. I thought it might be worth trying becuase a couple of you who are on that minimal dose seem to have had even better results than Iíve had over the last year... and I canít be outdone!

The only issue I was still facing with since starting on LDN 16 months ago has been flushing. It is, Iím sure, way less than before LDN, but I have still had to avoid any warm temperatures or very stressful situations.

So.... Iíve now been taking 2mg LDN nightly for just over a week and, although Iím kinda hesitant to post results so soon because itís such early days, I think I do see an improvement.

My face looks paler in its resting state and I donít seem to be flushing so easily. Iíve just come back from a shopping trip and the shopping centre I was in is one Iíve always dreaded... in the winter itís been way too heated for me and in the summer the glass roof makes the place sooo warm on a sunny day. It is sunny today, the centre was pretty warm... and I didnít flush! I didnít even get that pre-flush, tight, ďmy face isnít happyĒ feeling at all. I donít think I was even slightly pink.

I have had a couple of very minor warm face situations earlier this week, brought on by prolonged periods of strong concentration at work.. ďflushĒ would too strong a word... more like a wee blush.. not at all uncomfortable. Iíve forgotten how normal face behaves to be honest, maybe lots of non rosaceans get a little warm on the cheeks at times?

My face has actually looked a bit on the pale side some days this week... I almost considered putting on some blusher the other day... cripes!!!

Other than it being way to early to make any great pronouncement, my other caveat is that Iíve been using a new moisturiser the past month that, amongst other things, is said to reduce redness. Itís very expensive but I thought what the heck, Iíll try it. So the paler face might be at least in part due to that. But anyway... so far so good on the 2mg LDN front... certainly no return of the old symptoms and so far a reduction in flushing. Time will tell.. and il post here again when I feel more confident that thereís a real long term improvement.

Oh, and in case anyone is curious, the cream is ďThe Rich CreamĒ by Augustinus Bader. Iím certainly not rich after buying it, but my face does love the stuff. No need to talk in depth about whatís special about it, just google it...

Onwards and upwards!

I hope youíre getting used to the LDN now Opare and I pray you get some relief soon as well.

All the best xxx
    So pleased for you Fiona!

These new drops of LDN (although awful in taste) seem to be having an effect on me too!

As the weather is so lovely here, I have even been able to have a small glass of sparkling cider!!! (yes, my face flushes a little, but no more than a 'normal' person & without pain!!

Love hearing your updates!

UK weather is going to be early 30's next week.................so as long as it's NOT humid I am looking forward to it!!!

J
    SUFFER FROM NEUROPATHIC ROSACEA & OCULAR ROSACEA.

*Vit D3,Theratears Omega 3.

*LDN since October 2018.

*REN skincare range. TARTE cosmetics.

*Tried Clonidine, Moxonidine & Atenolol (None being taken at present ).

*Yearly IPL treatments until 2009.

* RLT Journey!" (Sept 09) **Using Britebox Revive..(Stopped ).

* Use Optimel & Ilast cream for MGD Ocular rosacea.

History of Hyperthyroidism (Graves) Lichen Planus (oral)
    PROUD TO BE DIFFERENT

Quote Originally Posted by Judworth View Post
    So pleased for you Fiona!

These new drops of LDN (although awful in taste) seem to be having an effect on me too!

As the weather is so lovely here, I have even been able to have a small glass of sparkling cider!!! (yes, my face flushes a little, but no more than a 'normal' person & without pain!!

Love hearing your updates!

UK weather is going to be early 30's next week.................so as long as it's NOT humid I am looking forward to it!!!

J
    I know what you mean about the taste of the drops... believe me tho... having to put only 4 drops in the mouth is way better than the 8 drops I was taking when I started on the drops. I actually find that if I have a little swig of water right after Iíve swallowed the drops Iím left with a nice crisp taste in my mouth.

My body does seem to prefer the drops, I have to say.

Iím still a bit nervous to try wine, which I used to love, it has made me flush since the rosacea started. Although oddly, Iíve always still been able to drink port! . I had a g&t last week though and not a flush in sight. Maybe Iíll try a white wine in the warm garden later this week.

Enjoy the warm days! (Whoever thought those words would be found on this forum!)

I know what you mean about the taste of the drops... believe me tho... having to put only 4 drops in the mouth is way better than the 8 drops I was taking when I started on the drops. I actually find that if I have a little swig of water right after Iíve swallowed the drops Iím left with a nice crisp taste in my mouth.

My body does seem to prefer the drops, I have to say.

Iím still a bit nervous to try wine, which I used to love, it has made me flush since the rosacea started. Although oddly, Iíve always still been able to drink port! . I had a g&t last week though and not a flush in sight. Maybe Iíll try a white wine in the warm garden later this week.

Enjoy the warm days! (Whoever thought those words would be found on this forum!)

Fiona, correct me if Iím wrong but did you say that in Scotland people do not have AC?

Angela

Quote Originally Posted by Momof View Post
    Hi all, back after a very busy period at work.
    Iím currently on 4.3 ml of LDN and will increase to 4.5 tonight. I will stay at 4.5 for a few weeks to see how I go. My face is much cooler overall. I am not flushing any more. I still get the intermittent prickling / stinging and my cheeks are still quite swollen ( I assume a combination of blood vessels swelling and too much leaking fluid for my lymph system to drain) but overall I know it is helping. I just wish I could get rid of the swelling.
    I have reduced Clonidine to only 2x.25 micrograms in the morning as it wasnít having any major beneficial effect and I will discontinue once it runs out.
    I am also taking 10mg of Amitriptyline for nerve pain which I think helps a bit too.
    Opare- I recommended the Finca tinted sunscreen. It has been a miracle for me as my face reacts badly to every type of foundation these days. It is yellow based which for me works far better than the green based tints ( green makes me look ill). It just allows me to go out and about with both sun protection and my redness covered.
    Molly

Molly, I saw your post about the Finca tinted sunscreen and purchased it. I loved how it covered the red and made the face look normal but I actually broke out right under my eyes and on my lower marionette area. I just started to itch so I discontinued it for now. I think I may give it another go down the line to see if I get the same reaction.

Before you started LDN did you have horrible face heat sensitivity like me? Thatís my absolute main trigger.
    It is definitely better but not where Iíd like it to be.

Be Well.
    Angela

Quote Originally Posted by Ange4 View Post
    Fiona, correct me if Iím wrong but did you say that in Scotland people do not have AC?

Angela
    AC is rare anywhere in the UK.

If you use one of these spray bottles, and then turn the fan on, you will find it very cooling - I can't be without one!
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Higher-Natu...y&sr=8-2-spell

There is also a smaller size for £8, but in this weather you'd want a big one!

They are especially good for ear flushes, because ears have this mechanism like under the arms for trying to help us remove the body's heat, which clearly is dysfunctional sometimes in rosacea.

J
    SUFFER FROM NEUROPATHIC ROSACEA & OCULAR ROSACEA.

*Vit D3,Theratears Omega 3.

*LDN since October 2018.

*REN skincare range. TARTE cosmetics.

*Tried Clonidine, Moxonidine & Atenolol (None being taken at present ).

*Yearly IPL treatments until 2009.

* RLT Journey!" (Sept 09) **Using Britebox Revive..(Stopped ).

* Use Optimel & Ilast cream for MGD Ocular rosacea.

History of Hyperthyroidism (Graves) Lichen Planus (oral)
    PROUD TO BE DIFFERENT

Quote Originally Posted by Ange4 View Post
    Molly, I saw your post about the Finca tinted sunscreen and purchased it. I loved how it covered the red and made the face look normal but I actually broke out right under my eyes and on my lower marionette area. I just started to itch so I discontinued it for now. I think I may give it another go down the line to see if I get the same reaction.

Before you started LDN did you have horrible face heat sensitivity like me? Thatís my absolute main trigger.
    It is definitely better but not where Iíd like it to be.

Be Well.
    Angela
    Hi Angela,
    I got a few spots when I started using the Finca sunscreen first but that stopped soon enough. My face used to be very itchy (presumably from dryness) but after a few weeks of using LRP Toleraine Ultra Nuit, the itching stopped.
    My problems started with nerve pain ( stinging and burning) from the cold and wind.The heat only started to bother me about 8 months into this rosacea nightmare. The LDN has helped a lot with heat tolerance... I can cope well most of the time with the heat. The wind / cold still triggers nerve pain but not as much as before LDN.