Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Thread: My Low Dose Naltrexone Journey (so far)

Quote Originally Posted by antwantsclear View Post
    Hi Angela

You'll see a little menu at the top right of your screen, with 'Welcome, [your screen name], Notifications, My Profile, Settings, Log out'. If you have the message, you'll have a little '1' under the Notifications. Anyway, click on Notifications and you'll see your messages.

Hope that helps.

Thank you so much!!

Angela

Quote Originally Posted by Ange4 View Post
    Ok Judy, I am literally from the Stone Age because I canít figure out how and where to check private message from. Could you kindly help a little old lady?

Angela
    Awww! thank you antwantsclear

J
    SUFFER FROM NEUROPATHIC ROSACEA & OCULAR ROSACEA.

*Vit D3,Theratears Omega 3.

*LDN since October 2018.

*REN skincare range. TARTE cosmetics.

*Tried Clonidine, Moxonidine & Atenolol (None being taken at present ).

*Yearly IPL treatments until 2009.

* RLT Journey!" (Sept 09) **Using Britebox Revive..(Stopped ).

* Use Optimel & Ilast cream for MGD Ocular rosacea.

History of Hyperthyroidism (Graves) Lichen Planus (oral)
    PROUD TO BE DIFFERENT

All,

Just an update from me. Iíve been on LDN since Jan 2018. Since September 2018, Iíve been taking 3mg. I increased slowly.

My skin is less reactive, swelling is eliminated, and my smell/chemical sensitivity has improved. I could not go into a nail salon or walk down the laundry aisle without needing to immediately escape.

I have multiple autoimmune diseases that presented years before rosacea (graves, celiac). My thyroid was removed ages ago, so I will need to take thyroid replacement for the rest of my life, thus LDN cannot assist me with that, but I do believe my body overall has been less on high alert / fight or flight mode since taking this drug.

Working with a functional medicine dr who has prescribed me LDN and did a comprehensive stool test to help me identify things going on in my gut (ie, i had a superbug infection called klebsiiella, made zero digestive enzymes, insufficient bile production, amongst a host of other things I never knew existed) has helped me tremendously.

Although heat and anxiety are still flushing triggers, I no longer feel like I am doomed with this condition.

Additionally, I created a thread in 2017 about an aggressive Vbeam treatment that really set me back. I learned that those settings: 7joules, 10ms and 20ms with 3 passes is just wrong (even though the manufacturers manual recommend these settings). This left me with permanent redness.

In my weakest hour I found an amazing derm who wrote academic books on laser in the early Ď90s. I trusted her to treat the permanent redness. I am not out of the woods yet, but her style is very effective for me. The settings used are 6 joules and anywhere between 2 and 6 ms. Iíd say she does only 25 zaps a session whereas my nightmare treatment was 150+. I do not swell at nor do I get very red. She said sheís learned over the years that less is more with Vbeam.

I will continue to update.

Best of luck to all.

Quote Originally Posted by sg321 View Post
    All,

Just an update from me. Iíve been on LDN since Jan 2018. Since September 2018, Iíve been taking 3mg. I increased slowly.

My skin is less reactive, swelling is eliminated, and my smell/chemical sensitivity has improved. I could not go into a nail salon or walk down the laundry aisle without needing to immediately escape.

I have multiple autoimmune diseases that presented years before rosacea (graves, celiac). My thyroid was removed ages ago, so I will need to take thyroid replacement for the rest of my life, thus LDN cannot assist me with that, but I do believe my body overall has been less on high alert / fight or flight mode since taking this drug.

Working with a functional medicine dr who has prescribed me LDN and did a comprehensive stool test to help me identify things going on in my gut (ie, i had a superbug infection called klebsiiella, made zero digestive enzymes, insufficient bile production, amongst a host of other things I never knew existed) has helped me tremendously.

Although heat and anxiety are still flushing triggers, I no longer feel like I am doomed with this condition.

Additionally, I created a thread in 2017 about an aggressive Vbeam treatment that really set me back. I learned that those settings: 7joules, 10ms and 20ms with 3 passes is just wrong (even though the manufacturers manual recommend these settings). This left me with permanent redness.

In my weakest hour I found an amazing derm who wrote academic books on laser in the early Ď90s. I trusted her to treat the permanent redness. I am not out of the woods yet, but her style is very effective for me. The settings used are 6 joules and anywhere between 2 and 6 ms. Iíd say she does only 25 zaps a session whereas my nightmare treatment was 150+. I do not swell at nor do I get very red. She said sheís learned over the years that less is more with Vbeam.

Best of luck to all.

Do you think your heat sensitivity lessened at all? Did you flush a lot before with heat or temperature change? Iím glad that LDN is giving you some relief. I have been on it 17 days and started noticing subtle changes on day 12. Iím going to wait til Iíve been on 30 days to give my update.

Angela

Quote Originally Posted by sg321 View Post
    All,

Best of luck to all.
    Hello sg321

Your post contains many similar things to mine, I also have several autoimmune disorders; I have graves (resting no medication), I always felt that my body/face was 'in flight or fight mode' so reactive, allergic to life itself!

I am so delighted to hear of your progress and that you have found supportive derm, it appears that neuropathic rosacea seems to respond to LDN in a big way for many!!

Wishing you all the luck in the world on your journey to good heath!

J
    SUFFER FROM NEUROPATHIC ROSACEA & OCULAR ROSACEA.

*Vit D3,Theratears Omega 3.

*LDN since October 2018.

*REN skincare range. TARTE cosmetics.

*Tried Clonidine, Moxonidine & Atenolol (None being taken at present ).

*Yearly IPL treatments until 2009.

* RLT Journey!" (Sept 09) **Using Britebox Revive..(Stopped ).

* Use Optimel & Ilast cream for MGD Ocular rosacea.

History of Hyperthyroidism (Graves) Lichen Planus (oral)
    PROUD TO BE DIFFERENT