Thread: Flushing/Bushing and pain in the evening

Default Flushing/Bushing and pain in the evening

Hi,

I wonder if anyone else has expierenced this. In the morning when I wake up at 7 my skin looks ok and seems calm. Also I can touch my face and apply a cream without flushing like mad. However that changes during the day. After ~3 o´clock in the afternoon my face goes totally mad. Every touch makes it red, almost purple and it burnes like hell. This lasts until I go to bed at night. And then the same story the next day.
    My theory was, that the sleep overnight calms down my whole body and thus it is better in the morning. However, when I sleep for like 1-2 hours in the afternoon, this does not have a positive effect on the redness and pain.

Does anybody else expierence this? What might be the reason?

Quote Originally Posted by timo View Post
    Hi,

I wonder if anyone else has expierenced this. In the morning when I wake up at 7 my skin looks ok and seems calm. Also I can touch my face and apply a cream without flushing like mad. However that changes during the day. After ~3 o´clock in the afternoon my face goes totally mad. Every touch makes it red, almost purple and it burnes like hell. This lasts until I go to bed at night. And then the same story the next day.
    My theory was, that the sleep overnight calms down my whole body and thus it is better in the morning. However, when I sleep for like 1-2 hours in the afternoon, this does not have a positive effect on the redness and pain.

Hi Timo,

I wanted to respond as this is essentially what happens to me on a daily basis as well. My morning hours are usually pretty calm (unless it is very hot in my room, then I wake up red), and much worse starting mid afternoon.

There is definitely a physiological reason for this, however it could be related to any number of things. One idea could be that it is more stress related; personally I get more wound up over the course of the day until I'm able to relax and go to bed. This could also play into the idea that it is blood pressure related. When you sleep everything slows down and you essentially "reset" for the next day. It's possible you're not seeing these effects after a nap due to a short duration period.

You're not alone in this. What I've found helpful is to schedule stressful things in the morning when my flushing is less severe, and in the afternoon keep things lighter if possible. Fresh air tends to help me when I start to feel stuffy as well (although when it's 90+ F outside it doesn't make much of a difference).

Good luck and hang in there!

The other theory is to do with your diet. When you wake up in the morning, you've been fasting all night. By the evening, you've eaten more meals.
    I'm recovering from Mirvaso-induced skin damage. Ask me about it if you are too.

• Read about my PDL and IPL, with videos.

Quote Originally Posted by timo View Post
    Hi,

I used to have this problem major but it is a lot better now.
    There are several physiological explanations to why the face is redder in the afternoon/evening:

- The body temperature rises and peaks in the afternoon
    - The blood pressure rises and peaks in the afternoon
    - The body gets more tired and stressed throughout the day (accumulating stress hormones)
    - You get more dehydrated throughout the day
    - You may eat things throughout the day that accumulates in the blood and later trigger reactions

You can deal with this issue in several different ways.
    In a little more then a year I have almost completely eradicated the problem through a healing diet,
    Rosex (metronisazole), drinking plenty of water and a healing skincare routine.

Hang in there! It will get better!

Best
    V
    Last edited by Violetsareblue; 3rd August 2018 at 01:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Violetsareblue View Post
    There are several physiological explanations to why the face is redder in the afternoon/evening:

- The body gets more tired and stressed throughout the day (accumulating stress hormones)
    - You may eat things throughout the day that accumulates in the blood and later trigger reactions

In a little more then a year I have almost completely eradicated the problem through a healing diet,

Best
    V
    Hi! What is your healing diet and your healing skincare routine?

Quote Originally Posted by Violetsareblue View Post

Best
    V
    Hi! Could you explain your healing diet and skincare routine?
    Thank you!

I have this problem also I even take propranolol 10mg 3-4 times daily. I have found no pattern to the flushing. What I did notice is that when I take Tagamet I flush much less. I only take it when I know I will be eating foods or having alcohol but it definitely works. I'm sure taking this daily long term is not ideal but I am definitely considering it to control my evening flushing.

Does anyone out there have any suggestions?

Dolly