Thread: Beginning treatment with LED Mask

Default Beginning treatment with LED Mask

I've been doing some research on LLLT on this forum and elsewhere on the internet and decided I want to give it a shot. After looking through my options on LED therapy, I decided I wanted to try a mask. They seem pretty convenient compared to other options, and distribute the light evenly across your face. Also, the user Twickle Purple had some great results!

About me: I have Type 1 rosacea (permanent redness, broken caps), which leaves my face pink in the classic butterfly pattern throughout my nose and cheeks. It's also been creeping up my temples lately. I don't normally experience flushing except when I take too long of a hot shower. I also have some pretty large pores which I think is due to inflammation.

After looking around on Amazon and Aliexpress, I figured out that there are only a handful of different varieties of masks which probably come from the same manufacturer (most likely in China), but are sold under a ton of different brand names. I'm primarily interested in the red light therapy, so after some research I found the most recommended wavelength to be 660nm. Most of the masks I saw were 630nm, but a few of them had 650nm. I went with one of them that had 630nm because it looks identical to the one that Twickle Purple had her amazing results with, and I also like how it folds in on the sides. There are also 7 different colors in case I want to try any of them out later. There are 9 different intensity settings, along with a "microcurrent" feature I don't plan on using.

Here's the link for the one I bought: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have some pics attached of the product itself. I also included a pic of the amber light, which looks to me to be more of a lime-green color. I will also be sure to take some before/after pics if I see results.

I do have a few questions: How long should I wear this thing for per day?
    Also, can anyone recommend a particular intensity setting? (I have pictures of both 1 and 9 attached)
    Do you think it's necessary to wear eye protection?

IMG_5756.jpgIMG_5757.jpgIMG_5759.jpg
    Attached Images

I have the same mask as you. I have it on a low setting and do it for 3 minutes in the morning and 3 minutes in the evening.

I'm recovering from PDL at the moment so the mask is in hold until I recover from the PDL bruising. Don't really want to risk the healing process with the red light.
    I'm recovering from Mirvaso-induced skin damage. Ask me about it if you are too.

• Read about my PDL and IPL, with videos.

What type of rosacea do you have, and have you seen any results from the mask so far?

Quote Originally Posted by kuros456 View Post
    What type of rosacea do you have, and have you seen any results from the mask so far?
    I don't have rosacea - i have a burnt face which is a side effect from Mirvaso. I had used the mask for about 3 weeks and there may have beena slight improvement. I would have to use it for months daily before commenting properly.
    I'm recovering from Mirvaso-induced skin damage. Ask me about it if you are too.

• Read about my PDL and IPL, with videos.