Thread: Is Anyone Else's Face SO Sensitive They Feel Every Hair, lint, fuzz etc.?

Default Is Anyone Else's Face SO Sensitive They Feel Every Hair, lint, fuzz etc.?

I have pretty good control of my few and mild Rosales type 1 symptoms, however since I've really started taking care of my skin with proper products and exfoliation it seems like every tiby piece of lint, fuzz, dust, fine hair, anything that touches my face sends me running to my magnification mirror lest I rub my entire face like a child to get it off! My skin looks the best it has my entire adult life, and I suspect this sensitivity is from very effective regular exfoliation. But it drives me nuts and I just wonder if anyone else has a take on why this may be my new normal?

Yes, I had this problem too, many of us experience it. It happens because the skin is inflamed. I have used many topicals over years and my skin became much less sensitive. Yours will too.

Hi Maria- what do you mean by topicals? Your reply is counterintuitive to me so I don't think I'm reading it correctly as you meant it.
    I don't use any prescription topical for Rosacea, but I do use many active ingredient based products as well as Trentointin 0.5%. Not much in the way of exfoliaters and acids etc (vit. C, AHA/BHA's etc) bother my skin . Are you saying that after using these types of products, which I've been using for several years, that my skin will become less sensitive?

Quote Originally Posted by MariaSt View Post
    Yes, I had this problem too, many of us experience it. It happens because the skin is inflamed. I have used many topicals over years and my skin became much less sensitive. Yours will too.

I haven't used any of the products you mentioned. Unfortunately, I don't recall which particular product made my face less reactive. I just keep changing them every 3 months until I find something that will eliminate my redness. I don't care much about the sensitivity of my skin, it comes as a side effect of skin bacteria and some strong creams (for example sulfur creams). I just focus on the redness.