Thread: Need help

Default Need help

Rosacea has taken over my life. I donít want to go to college anymore, I hate going out in public because the redness is so bad and it continues to get worse. I went to the dermo with my concerns and she said it was an acne condition so perscibed me with a acne ointment to cure the bumps and a sunscreen moisturizer. Even though I have just came off of accutane a couple of months ago for severe acne on my back and chest. This is really making me depressed and anxious. Can anyone suggest what I should do next ?

Cool Need help to attend college classes

Have you tried ionic colloidal silver. It has worked great for me. I applied the liquid using the dropper, letting it drip on my face, then rubbing it in. It’s important to try to cover eyebrows, all over face. It took away the redness and the bumps over a months time, although I saw some results in one day. I took it orally as well. A teaspoon or two morning and night. I purchased the brand Sovreign Silver 10 ppm at Walgreens or can find at any healthfood store. It costs about $20 per one ounce bottle. Expensive longterm, so I bought my own machine and make my own. Hope this works for you.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnD4588 View Post
    Rosacea has taken over my life. I donít want to go to college anymore, I hate going out in public because the redness is so bad and it continues to get worse. I went to the dermo with my concerns and she said it was an acne condition so perscibed me with a acne ointment to cure the bumps and a sunscreen moisturizer. Even though I have just came off of accutane a couple of months ago for severe acne on my back and chest. This is really making me depressed and anxious. Can anyone suggest what I should do next ?
    Every person will be different. Have you explored finding out what is triggering your rosacea? If not, I highly recommend visiting rosacea.org and requesting one or two of their trigger trackers to get started. I needed two, as it took about a month to figure out my triggers properly.

In addition to that, all I can pass on is what has worked for me, personally. I wash my face 2x per day with raw honey and moisturize with aloe vera gel (I swear by the Mountain Rose Herbs brand, as it is very pure with a good pH). I apply topical Finacea 15% gel (this is a prescription azelaic acid gel that I get from my derm) once per day, in the morning, before I put on my aloe vera gel. And, at night I do 5-7 minutes of red light therapy after washing, but also before the aloe vera gel.

That's it.

It took about 6 months for this routine, as well as just avoiding my triggers, to get my rosacea to a well-controlled state... and, yes, there were moments of setback along the way due to stress... but it is going so well! I was super upset by my rosacea before, but I want you to know also that symptom management is possible. Hang in there! These forums are a great resource.

Oh, and I almost forgot, I also added in having a cup of raspberry leaf tea every morning. It's supposed to help balance hormones naturally. It takes about a month to see full effects, but this also appears to be of a mild yet definite help... so I might also have been having some hormonal issues adding to the rosacea. Just food for thought there...

Quote Originally Posted by JohnD4588 View Post
    Hi, I really empathize with what you wrote and I'm so sorry you are struggling!

First I'm wondering if there are counseling / therapy available at your college you can take advantage of for your depression + anxiety. I remember thinking at one point that my redness is the problem, and I am depressed/anxious simply BECAUSE I am red or whatever ... but the reality is it's just bringing out a self-esteem issue that was already there beneath the surface. If it wasn't a red face, it would have been something else, maybe something down the line. While you are being treated for your rosacea, if you work on acceptance + concentrating on the things that make you feel good + etc etc, you will be so much stronger. Otherwise -- even if your rosacea miraculously goes away tomorrow -- I firmly believe the depression/anxiety will just pop up in a different form.

honestly as you get older people care less and less what you look like.

I'm not sure exactly what your rosacea issues are -- if you have bumps/pustules, you can try finacea, metro, soolantra, and oracea. Looks like your derm is starting off things one at a time so that's good. If you are flushing from the accutane, you can try to get an rx for plaquenil. It's an antimalarial that anecdotally can help with accutane-induced flushing.

It will take several months probably for anything to start helping so take a deep breath + be patient + keep trying to go to your classes in the meantime best of luck