Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A mechanical way to kill the demodex.

Quote Originally Posted by KSD69 View Post
    I don't doubt your bona fides at all. I'm grateful that you have shared this information and done so out of a genuine desire to assist others. I mean you clearly don't have a financial or other ulterior motive so why would you make it up. I think this is genuine and it does make sense.
    Thank you...anyone can buy the tape he wants in a pharmacy, I'm not selling anything. This is just what has worked for me, it has allowed me to live with a normal skin more than soolantra and any other cream. It is cheap and it can help all those people that are not reaching a complete clearance using tipical treatments. I just want to help others.

I think this is awesome!
    Kind of reminds me of a discussion between this guy on this forum who wanted to submerge his face in water for two hours to kill the demodex and Tom Busby. Cannot find it again. But, I digress. You know what would be even more awesome, if you took all the money you’ve saved on Soolantra and zz-cream and bought a microscope. So we could see if the mites actually stick to the tape.

Thanks for sharing!

This is so interesting, and I totally see how it could work! I actually do have a microscope, and will try this method and see if I can see anything on the tape. Either way the tape itself would protect the pores from external bacteria so that's a plus! I reckon the mites are being picked up on the tape which is why there are no pimples etc left behind.

I've just started on my first week of Soolantra after 3 long years of trying to tame this condition. I'm experiencing die-off at the moment and am very worried it's going to spread to parts of my face that are currently unaffected (one cheek is very affected and the other isn't) - do you think the tape could be used to actually block off "good unaffected" areas? Perhaps it could be used to fence off good areas to stop spreading? Or cover the good areas so that nothing can physically move to there?
    Last edited by Froglet; 24th April 2018 at 11:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Froglet View Post
    This is so interesting, and I totally see how it could work! I actually do have a microscope, and will try this method and see if I can see anything on the tape. Either way the tape itself would protect the pores from external bacteria so that's a plus! I reckon the mites are being picked up on the tape which is why there are no pimples etc left behind.

I've just started on my first week of Soolantra after 3 long years of trying to tame this condition. I'm experiencing die-off at the moment and am very worried it's going to spread to parts of my face that are currently unaffected (one cheek is very affected and the other isn't) - do you think the tape could be used to actually block off "good unaffected" areas? Perhaps it could be used to fence off good areas to stop spreading? Or cover the good areas so that nothing can physically move there?
    I found Soolantra worked well at first but resistance over time to the active ingredient (ivermectin) is quite a common issue - one reason why ongoing treatment with oral ivermectin is not really sustainable for rosacea. Mechanical approaches to treating demodex mites are certainly worth considering - e.g. mustard is used in other conditions as a mechanical topical for mites (I'm not sure how well this would work in rosacea).

There is some very thorough information on this website about different approaches to tackling demodex infestations and maintenance after initially controlling the mites:
    http://delusionalinsects.com/styled-...-30/index.html

There is some very thorough information on this website about different approaches to tackling demodex infestations and maintenance after initially controlling the mites:
    http://delusionalinsects.com/styled-...-30/index.html[/QUOTE]

This guy goes on to describe (over the years ) that he believes that he actually has morgellons & not demodex .....thoughts anyone?

Wouldn’t mineral oil or Vaseline have the same effect of suffocating the mites?

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    This guy goes on to describe (over the years ) that he believes that he actually has morgellons & not demodex .....thoughts anyone?
    David has been around for while (at least since 2012). He calls them 'plugs' and other names, but actually does indeed discuss demodecosis on his post about Preventing Reinfestation and has a gallery of photos which are demodex. Not sure why he uses 'plugs' but it is obvious why he uses the term 'morgellons' since he admits on this post [26 July 2012] that "two top Irish dermatologists and a psychologist have diagnosed me [David] with delusional parasitosis."
    Brady Barrows
    Join the RRDi

The website posted above is very large, but he does point out that Vaseline can be used to control demodex in the eyebrows, particularly for maintenance purposes (e.g. overnight). I think Vaseline would be bothersome for the cheeks or nose in many people with rosacea.

I bought a cheap roll of Microporous Surgical Tape 1.25cm x 10m off Ebay but not only does it leave residues of glue but it also does not adhere properly to some areas of the skin. I think the 1.25cm size may be too small.

I have only used it twice so far so I can't make any conclusions yet. I woke up with no pustule. I ate two cloves of raw garlic before sleep, too, to make sure the mites come out.

Aissela92, do you use a 2,50cmx9m roll?

Are there any concerns that using the tape will strip the skin of its natural oils, thus causing secondary issues?
    http://metro.co.uk/2017/03/04/why-yo...t-now-6488352/

Quote Originally Posted by atlas222 View Post
    I bought a cheap roll of Microporous Surgical Tape 1.25cm x 10m off Ebay but not only does it leave residues of glue but it also does not adhere properly to some areas of the skin. I think the 1.25cm size may be too small.

I have only used it twice so far so I can't make any conclusions yet. I woke up with no pustule. I ate two cloves of raw garlic before sleep, too, to make sure the mites come out.

Aissela92, do you use a 2,50cmx9m roll?

Are there any concerns that using the tape will strip the skin of its natural oils, thus causing secondary issues?
    http://metro.co.uk/2017/03/04/why-yo...t-now-6488352/
    I bought a 2,5cmx5m roll from 3M, which was ~2€. It sticks pretty well to the skin and doesn´t leave any residues on it. I will see how it works.