Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A mechanical way to kill the demodex.

Quote Originally Posted by atlas222 View Post
    I would mainly be concerned that the tape doesn't adhere so strongly that it will fall off on its own during the night.
    I've been using the tape for 3 months now and it always stays well attached to the skin. This is not a problem at all.

Hello,

After three months of use, do you still have any pimples / pustules? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by atlas222 View Post
    Hello,

After three months of use, do you still have any pimples / pustules? Thanks.
    No, I have no pimples and pustules in the places where I'm applying the tape. Sometimes I can get few pimples on my chin (not using the tape there), but it doesn't brother me at all because they're minimal. I don't wanna apply the tape on the lower part of my face because it can easily clog the pores there.

Quote Originally Posted by Aissela92 View Post
    You're wrong. I was using the zz cream before starting with the tape...
    For how long were you using ZZ Cream?

...Since I've been using the tape the pimples on my cheeks disappeared completely and I'm using the zz cream mainly for the chin and the places where I'm not applying the tape...
    Do you have photos?

...If I don't use the zz cream on my cheeks I don't get any bump...
    How long do you go without using ZZ Cream?

...Instead, if I don't apply the tape for few days and I use only the zz cream, I get pimples on my cheeks...
    Isn't that a die-off caused by the ZZ Cream?
    How I was cured from Demodectic / Demodex Rosacea (Types 1 & 2 & nearing 3), Seborrhoeic Dermatitis and Eczema

Got a smartphone? Then please post a non-revealing pic of your face/skin to www.imgur.com, instead of using walls of text to describe it to us. It may be the best thing you've ever done!

I imagine that what may happen is that the mites living in the pores get stuck in the tape's glue and either suffocate or die once you remove the tape. Given the small cost of the micropore tapes, it may be worth trying. Thanks for sharing!

"For how long were you using ZZ Cream?"

I started the zz cream in October, the tape 3 months ago. As I told you, I started the tape because the zz cream wasn't able to keep my cheeks completely clean. Probably my mites have become resistant to topical treatments. There was another member of this forum that used soolantra successfully for a while but then it stopped working, he tried the tto and it worked few months and stopped working too and at the end he tried the zz cream but it wasn't enough. The same for me. While the tape works perfectly.

"Do you have photos?"

Yes, I've posted the photos on two rosacea groups on Facebook and a lot of people are trying this method now. I don't know how to post photos here, I tried but my telephone doesn't allow me this.🤷🏻*♀️

"How long do you go without using ZZ Cream?"
    I can go without it forever, I don't get pimples where I apply the tape.

"Isn't that a die-off caused by the ZZ Cream?"
    If I don't use the tape for few days I have pimples, but just one or two, not a die-off, just some demodex that are reaching my cheeks again. Probably, stopping it for longer will lead to a complete reinfestation.
    Then, why should I have a die off from zz cream if I don't get any pimples till I use the tape? I mean, if I have demodex on my skin under the tape I should have pimples also using the tape, while I don't have any pimple. So, it doesn't make sense. When I was applying the zz cream before the tape idea it wasn't working anymore and I was applying it religiously. Then I added the tape and no more pimples.

I don't understand why you are so sceptical, I mean, demodex are not bacterias but mites, they're quite big, it isn't hard to believe that they are not able to move under a tape. They need a specifical environment to reproduce, if you destroy it, the game is done.
    Last edited by Aissela92; 23rd April 2018 at 09:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aissela92 View Post
    "For how long were you using ZZ Cream?"

I started the zz cream in October, the tape 3 months ago. As I told you, I started the tape because the zz cream wasn't able to keep my cheeks completely clean. Probably my mites have become resistant to topical treatments. There was another member of this forum that used soolantra successfully for a while but then it stopped working, he tried the tto and it worked few months and stopped working too and at the end he tried the zz cream but it wasn't enough. The same for me. While the tape works perfectly.

"Do you have photos?"

Yes, I've posted the photos on two rosacea groups on Facebook and a lot of people are trying this method now. I don't know how to post photos here, I tried but my telephone doesn't allow me this.🤷🏻*♀️

"How long do you go without using ZZ Cream?"
    I can go without it forever, I don't get pimples where I apply the tape.

"Isn't that a die-off caused by the ZZ Cream?"
    If I don't use the tape for few days I have pimples, but just one or two, not a die-off, just some demodex that are reaching my cheeks again. Probably, stopping it for longer will lead to a complete reinfestation.
    Then, why should I have a die off from zz cream if I don't get any pimples till I use the tape? I mean, if I have demodex on my skin under the tape I should have pimples also using the tape, while I don't have any pimple. So, it doesn't make sense. When I was applying the zz cream before the tape idea it wasn't working anymore and I was applying it religiously. Then I added the tape and no more pimples.

I don't understand why you are so sceptical, I mean, demodex are not bacterias but mites, they're quite big, it isn't hard to believe that they are not able to move under a tape. They need a specifical environment to reproduce, if you destroy it, the game is done.
    I don't doubt your bona fides at all. I'm grateful that you have shared this information and done so out of a genuine desire to assist others. I mean you clearly don't have a financial or other ulterior motive so why would you make it up. I think this is genuine and it does make sense.

Ok, I've found the way. This is me and the tape.
    Attached Images

Me with rosacea, and my skin using the tape.
    Attached Images

As you can see my face is clean.
    Attached Images