Hi, I'm new to this site. Any advice would be great.

I started to suffer with rosacea about 3 years ago (when I was 26) but at that point is was very minor - all I had was a small rough patch of pink skin on my cheek.

Over the next couple of years, that turned into papules which were initially just on one cheek, then spread to my forehead and eventually my other cheek.

I used a few treatments, including metronidazole gel, but they didn't help at all. I then read about Soolantra (ivermectin) online and requested it from my GP. The results were amazing - basically all of the papules went. I was very happy. They do come back ocasionally, but they're no where near as bad.

Anyway, although I no longer have many papules, I now have really large pores and textured skin. Prior to the rosacea, my pores were virtually invisible. People always said I looked way younger than I was. I don't get those comments anymore and I think that's due to the rough skin I now have.

Needless to say, I hate it. It's getting me really down. Does anyone else have this problem and have you found anything that helps? I do have oily skin but I try my hardest to keep as oil- free as possible. I use salicylic acid face washes, I exfoliate a few times per week, I use pore-minimising primer, but the pores are still huge! Especially under foundation, but I want to wear that to hide the redness.

Any ideas?

Thanks for reading