Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A mechanical way to kill the demodex.

Default A mechanical way to kill the demodex.

(I'm sorry for my English but I'm Italian)

This is how I "cured" my rosacea:
    In my case the culprit was surely the demodex, infact I used soolantra successfully for 9 months but unfortunately the bumps started to come back again because the mites were becoming resistant. At first I searched for other creams but I knew that it was just a temporary solution. So, I started thinking about a mechanical way to kill the demodex and I had a crazy idea. After reading that this parasites are photosensitive and that they come out only during the night to eat and mate on our skin, I decided to apply a tape on my cheeks and forehead while sleeping. And surprisingly, a week later I noted that I was getting no bumps in the place where I was applying the tape. Since that, I've been using this method and my skin stayed clean and soft.

Why does it work? The demodex can't reproduce or move on your skin if you apply a tape.

The tape I'm using is anallergic and delicate and is not damaging my skin in any way. If you want to give this a try you can buy a similar tape in you pharmacy. You should use also a cream that kill the mites to control them in places where you don't apply the tape and to have a perfect result.

Just a note: I had few demodex on my skin because I was still controlling them with creams when I started using the tape, so this is probably why it worked immediately for me. I assume that if your face is infested it can take a while, maybe a month or more (like with soolantra), to clean you skin, but I'm not sure. 🤷🏻*♀️

I hope that my story will help someone. Good luck!🙂💪🏻

thank s for sharing - interesting approach!
    Whats the tape called?

I thought the bumps came when the demodex die.... so have you experienced more bumps?
    By bumps do you mean spots/pimple with tiny white pus ?

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    thank s for sharing - interesting approach!
    Whats the tape called?

I thought the bumps came when the demodex die.... so have you experienced more bumps?
    By bumps do you mean spots/pimple with tiny white pus ?
    I'm using a medical micropore tape that I bought in a pharmacy. It is paper like texture https://www.google.it/search?q=micropore+tape&client=safari&hl=it&prmd=s ivn&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi666H248j aAhUkKMAKHelIDHIQ_AUIEigC&biw=375&bih=603&dpr=2#im grc=a9_vZdlzzeORKM:.

Just few more bumps but I was still controlling the demodex with the zz cream, so this is why I didn't get any massive die-off. Now I can also apply no cream in the places where I use the tape without getting any bumps. Anyway, I had pimples and pustules.
    Last edited by Aissela92; 20th April 2018 at 11:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aissela92 View Post
    I'm using a medical micropore tape that I bought in a pharmacy. It is paper like texture https://www.google.it/search?q=micro...9_vZdlzzeORKM:.

Just few more bumps but I was still controlling the demodex with the zz cream, so this is why I didn't get any massive die-off. Now I can also apply no cream in the places where I use the tape without getting any bumps. Anyway, I had pimples and pustules.
    Interesting, I came off soolantra after 4 months, then did 1 month of ZZ (made my skin peel badly) so now i just use it for spots and every 4 nights in the T zone. Every now and then i get the odd spot & twitching feelings in my eyebrows and gunk in my lashes. I might give your tape method a go to help keep the population down.

Interesting, don't you worry about your skin not "breathing" at night ? Is your skin sticky afterwards ?

Quote Originally Posted by babadah View Post
    Interesting, don't you worry about your skin not "breathing" at night ? Is your skin sticky afterwards ?
    No, I use this only on my cheeks and forehead, it is paperlike and it has micropores, so my skin can breath and it is not clogging my pores, even if I have a very oily skin. The glue is really delicate , I just remove the tape without feeling any pain and I wash my face but generally there's no glue left. The tape is for supersesitive skin and also unallergic.

Quote Originally Posted by Aissela92 View Post
    (I'm sorry for my English but I'm Italian)

This is how I "cured" my rosacea:
    In my case the culprit was surely the demodex, infact I used soolantra successfully for 9 months but unfortunately the bumps started to come back again because the mites were becoming resistant. At first I searched for other creams but I knew that it was just a temporary solution. So, I started thinking about a mechanical way to kill the demodex and I had a crazy idea. After reading that this parasites are photosensitive and that they come out only during the night to eat and mate on our skin, I decided to apply a tape on my cheeks and forehead while sleeping. And surprisingly, a week later I noted that I was getting no bumps in the place where I was applying the tape. Since that, I've been using this method and my skin stayed clean and soft.

Why does it work? The demodex can't reproduce or move on your skin if you apply a tape.

The tape I'm using is anallergic and delicate and is not damaging my skin in any way. If you want to give this a try you can buy a similar tape in you pharmacy. You should use also a cream that kill the mites to control them in places where you don't apply the tape and to have a perfect result.

Just a note: I had few demodex on my skin because I was still controlling them with creams when I started using the tape, so this is probably why it worked immediately for me. I assume that if your face is infested it can take a while, maybe a month or more (like with soolantra), to clean you skin, but I'm not sure. 🤷🏻*♀️

I hope that my story will help someone. Good luck!🙂💪🏻
    thanks for the tip. hopefully others will confirm your findings.
    Brady Barrows
    Join the RRDi

Are you willing to try the tape only, with no ZZ Cream?

I believe the ZZ Cream is doing most of the work here, if not all of it.
    How I was cured from Demodectic / Demodex Rosacea (Types 1 & 2 & nearing 3), Seborrhoeic Dermatitis and Eczema

Got a smartphone? Then please post a non-revealing pic of your face/skin to www.imgur.com, instead of using walls of text to describe it to us. It may be the best thing you've ever done!

I would mainly be concerned that the tape doesn't adhere so strongly that it will fall off on its own during the night.

Quote Originally Posted by RedRecluse View Post
    Are you willing to try the tape only, with no ZZ Cream?

I believe the ZZ Cream is doing most of the work here, if not all of it.
    You're wrong. I was using the zz cream before starting with the tape and it wasn't working very well on my cheeks, infact I was still getting pimples here and there. This happened also with soolantra after month nine and it's the reason why I decided to try with the tape. Since I've been using the tape the pimples on my cheeks disappeared completely and I'm using the zz cream mainly for the chin and the places where I'm not applying the tape. If I don't use the zz cream on my cheeks I don't get any bump. I also noted that small pimples may appear around the tape, just one or two every 2 weeks, this is another proof that the mites are not able to move under the tape. Instead, if I don't apply the tape for few days and I use only the zz cream, I get pimples on my cheeks...so, your theory isn't right. The tape is working very well and the mites can't become resistant.
    Last edited by Aissela92; 23rd April 2018 at 02:39 PM.