Thread: Hypochlorous Acid Sprays for Face and Eye lid Treatment for Demodex

Default Hypochlorous Acid Sprays for Face and Eye lid Treatment for Demodex

Hypochlorous Acid Sprays for demodex

There are now more of these Hypochlorous Acid sprays available on Amazon. They had to find a way to make it shelf stable. These are comparable to the extremely expensive prescription spray sold by Avenova (0.01%). I have listed the 2 products that I have used. Both are good. But I like the Heyedrate product the best. I use the spray after cleansing my face with a tea tree oil based cleanser.

The human body makes Hypochlorous acid in response to scrapes and cuts. Its very mild and non irritating. The spray kills demodex on eye lids and face. It can be used as a topical treatment. Hypochlorous Acid was discovered by chemists Elie Metchnikoff in the early 1800’s winning him the Nobel Prize and has been in constant use since that time. It was even used to treat soldier’s wounds during WWI. One of the many benefits of HOCl other than its amazing health benefits and success in fighting Acne is that it reverts back into an environmentally friendly form (i.e. mainly water). Bacteria cannot develop resistance to it – in fact, in scientific tests it has killed every pathogen (virus, bacteria, fungus, mold, etc) which it has been scientifically tested against. Not only is hypochlorous acid an amazing disinfectant but it also speeds up healing, acts as a proven anti-aging-Anti Acne compound as well as promoting a soft smooth skin by promoting new skin growth rapidly.

2 Product that I have used - both work fine:

1. Heyedrate Hypochlorous Acid Eyelid Cleanser Spray - Eye lid and Eyelash Wash Helps Promote Relief From Blepharitis, Dry Eye, Styes, Rosacea, Meibomian Gland Dysfunction, and Itchy Skin - This is my favorite. 0.015% acid

2. Ocusoft HypoChlor 0.02% Hypochlorous Acid Eyelid and Eyelash Spray - a little stronger, works fine too

There are now more of these Hypochlorous Acid sprays available on Amazon.
    Last edited by ElaineA; 15th April 2018 at 04:03 PM.

Very interesting! How often do you use them, and do you take caution not to get it into your eyes?

Quote Originally Posted by rednessator View Post
    Very interesting! How often do you use them, and do you take caution not to get it into your eyes?
    I use it after washing my face. There is no limit on how often you can use this. Before I took the oral parasite treatment and killed the infestation off, I use to spray my face and eyes in the middle of the night while the mites are most active. It seemed to help a lot.
    Now I just use it for maintenance after washing my face at night.

You only have to close your eyes while spraying to protect them. The spray is very soothing and totally non-irritating to your eyes. So if some drips in it will not hurt your eyes.

Instructions say not to spray this directly in your eye. My guess is the force of the spray is the problem not the weak hypochlorous acid. On eye doctor's You Tube demonstrating using the Avenova prescription, it shows how to half close your eyes while spraying to protect the eye from a direct spray hit but still get some in the eye to soothe it.
    Last edited by ElaineA; 15th April 2018 at 04:05 PM.