Thread: Has anyone noticed an improvement after starting to drink coffee ?

Default Has anyone noticed an improvement after starting to drink coffee ?

Recent research indicated that women who drank 4 cups of coffee per day were significantly less likely to develop rosacea than women who only drank one cup of coffee per month.

https://www.healthline.com/health-ne...s-rosacea-risk

Has anyone ever noticed there rosacea getting better after starting to drink coffee. I have been drinking 4 cups of coffee cold to luke warm for about a week. I know that my rosacea is bad to the degree that drinking it hot will make it worse but I have noticed smoother skin , and less wrinkles on forehead since starting drinking it but no improvement in rosacea so far I think. Coffee is full of antioxidants so I think that may be why the skin on my forehead is smoother. The researchers said they didn't know if drinking coffee would improve rosacea, they only observed the correlation stopping the condition developing . When I heard about it first, I thought that people with rosacea just don't drink piping hot coffee because it will make their skin worse and correlation does not equal causation but I think they factored this into the equation because they were only looking at people who hadn't developed it yet.

In combination with everything else I'm doing, yes. Can I credit the coffee? No. I'm doing too many other things to treat my skin to attribute the improvement to coffee. But I can say that I started drinking coffee around the time I started treating my skin. I'm only drinking 1-2 cups/day. I can at least say it doesn't hurt.

Ok, thanks for your response. I will keep going with the 4 cups a day and post back to see if it makes any difference.
    Last edited by andydoyle; 24th December 2018 at 09:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by andydoyle View Post
    Recent research indicated that women who drank 4 cups of coffee per day were significantly less likely to develop rosacea than women who only drank one cup of coffee per month.

https://www.healthline.com/health-ne...s-rosacea-risk

Has anyone ever noticed there rosacea getting better after starting to drink coffee. I have been drinking 4 cups of coffee cold to luke warm for about a week. I know that my rosacea is bad to the degree that drinking it hot will make it worse but I have noticed smoother skin , and less wrinkles on forehead since starting drinking it but no improvement in rosacea so far I think. Coffee is full of antioxidants so I think that may be why the skin on my forehead is smoother. The researchers said they didn't know if drinking coffee would improve rosacea, they only observed the correlation stopping the condition developing . When I heard about it first, I thought that people with rosacea just don't drink piping hot coffee because it will make their skin worse and correlation does not equal causation but I think they factored this into the equation because they were only looking at people who hadn't developed it yet.
    Andy thanks for this article, itís fascinating and surprising. I gave up tea with added milk and sugar and switched to plain black coffee. My Rosacea has improved significantly but Iím not sure if itís down to the lack of tea or perhaps the introduction of black coffee, I hadnít even factored that in! My skin is very smooth now, and I rarely get a Rosacea flare up and when I do it is very mild.

Hi Erin, that's great to hear that your skin has improved since you have stopped drinking tea and started drinking coffee.

Here is a better article on this subject:
    https://rosacea-support.org/coffee-a...f-rosacea.html

another thread on it here in the news section of the rosacea forum:
    https://rosaceagroup.org/The_Rosacea...103#post347103
    Last edited by andydoyle; 24th December 2018 at 09:21 PM.

Drinking cold caffeinated beverages in general calms my face down. I used to drink a Coke to help stop a flush at work. Lately I brew a jug of cold brew coffee at home with the Takeya brewer.

Hi, I had to give up coffee(( I got much pressure rises. And I found an excellent recipe for smoothies with coffee.

For this, I use the Vitamix blender. For preparation you will need:
    1 tbsp coffee;
    1/4 cup water
    1 cup cold milk
    sugar or other sweetener to taste
    3-4 ice cubes or 1/2 cup crushed ice. Cooking instruction

Instructions
    Blender until it is very hot.
    Fill a tall glass with ice and pour into a mixture. Add milk.
    Serve with a straw.

Hope everyone will like it! Cheers

I'll answer your question in reverse -- I stopped drinking coffee and it did nothing to help my rosacea.

I was a 2 - 3 cup a day coffee drinker and I gave up all caffeine (including teas, Coke etc) for about 6 months last year. I started drinking it again in November and have not noticed any changes (positive or negative) in my rosacea.*

* The one proviso is that if I drink a piping hot coffee - or any hot drink for that matter - I can flush.

I had to abandon drinking 4 cups of coffee per day as I started to get a weird feeling in my heart when I was in bed at night and I thought it might be brought on by the coffee or the coffee might be making it worse, the feeling was one of difficulty breathing and a heaviness in my heart. Looking on the internet it said pulmonary hypertension or an anxiety attack so I had to give up drinking coffee for the moment at least. This was dissapointing as their seems to be a lot of health benefits to drinking coffee for most people.