Thread: Cooling fan

Default Cooling fan

Has anyone tried a cooling fan like this one? It uses water to cool the air.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B07...l+space+cooler
    It looks like a good idea for the summer but I'm a little sceptical about how effective it would be.
    Last edited by Emz; 7th April 2018 at 09:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Emz View Post
    Has anyone tried a cooling fan like this one? It uses water to cool the air.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B07...l+space+cooler
    It looks like a good idea for the summer but I'm a little sceptical about how effective it would be.
    The fan does look quite good. My experience with a fan was that it would temporarily cool down the rosacea area but because you have to sit close enough to have it blowing on you this acts a little like the wind. So I got temporary cooling down followed by a rebound flush later on. (An air conditioner can solve this problem as you don't need to be in the wind blowing from the machine since it conditions the temperature of the whole room. However, it's more expensive to install and a good one is not portable).

Do let us know if you buy the fan and how you find it, because I'm tempted to try it!

Quote Originally Posted by antwantsclear View Post
    The fan does look quite good. My experience with a fan was that it would temporarily cool down the rosacea area but because you have to sit close enough to have it blowing on you this acts a little like the wind. So I got temporary cooling down followed by a rebound flush later on. (An air conditioner can solve this problem as you don't need to be in the wind blowing from the machine since it conditions the temperature of the whole room. However, it's more expensive to install and a good one is not portable).

Do let us know if you buy the fan and how you find it, because I'm tempted to try it!
    I don't find a fan particularly helpful either and I've never really considered aircon due to the expense (and we don't have many really hot days in the UK so it seems excessive). I get the impression that this machine doesn't have a very powerful fan which is better for us (reviews say it's quite quiet). I'll definitely feedback if I buy it

There's this one as well which works the same way (and is cheaper).
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B07...ID=617b--s7e3L
    There aren't any reviews yet so it might not be as good.