Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: what is this?

Quote Originally Posted by red devil View Post
    My full head not just face flushes like yours.
    I started blushing when I was 12years of age and have had this nearly daily over 40 years.
    I had ipl about 10 years ago which increased my skins sensitivity making my face flush even more easily.
    wow sorry to hear that have you found a way to reduce it?

so you are red like me? have you pictures on here?

Quote Originally Posted by redattack View Post
    wow sorry to hear that have you found a way to reduce it?

so you are red like me? have you pictures on here?
    About 6 years ago I gave up work as I couldn't cope with the heat and constant flushing.
    My face/head will go like yours in certain situations,heat,emotions,standing in queues in a shop,on the bus,even just bending down and laughing.
    I haven't worked since and ended up moving in with my gf.
    The problem is it caused me to have really bad social anxiety so I generally avoid social gatherings etc.
    I think my blushing/flushing is somewhat heredity because my brother suffers from it to some extent.
    I believe Ipl and mirvaso has made my condition much worse as 10 years ago I had no permanent redness on my face.I would go red or flush and then the redness would disappear leaving my face clear.
    I read that Ipl could help with flushes so I thought I would give it a go .
    Thinking back it was the wrong thing because I didn't have any permanent redness for the Ipl to target.

Quote Originally Posted by red devil View Post
    About 6 years ago I gave up work as I couldn't cope with the heat and constant flushing.
    My face/head will go like yours in certain situations,heat,emotions,standing in queues in a shop,on the bus,even just bending down and laughing.
    I haven't worked since and ended up moving in with my gf.
    The problem is it caused me to have really bad social anxiety so I generally avoid social gatherings etc.
    I think my blushing/flushing is somewhat heredity because my brother suffers from it to some extent.
    I believe Ipl and mirvaso has made my condition much worse as 10 years ago I had no permanent redness on my face.I would go red or flush and then the redness would disappear leaving my face clear.
    I read that Ipl could help with flushes so I thought I would give it a go .
    Thinking back it was the wrong thing because I didn't have any permanent redness for the Ipl to target.
    Did you only have one IPL? Aren't you suppose to do them regularly? Otherwise the blood vessels will come back..

Have you tried medication for flushing (beta blocker, clonidine, SSRIs)?

I can't imagine giving up work for that long. Were you not allowed to use a fan in your office?
    Last edited by tobyg; 30th January 2019 at 01:58 AM.

[QUOTE=tobyg;347713]Did you only have one IPL? Aren't you suppose to do them regularly? Otherwise the blood vessels will come back..

I can't imagine giving up work for that long. Were you not allowed to use a fan in your office?[/QUOTe
    I worked on the factory floor which sometimes involved working next to large conveyor ovens.
    I've tried medication in the past but nothing seems to work.
    Over 2 years i gave ipl a go having 6 treatments but to no avail,actually made my face more sensitive to heat.Then after that I had 3 treatements with v beam,again nothing.
    I'm nearly 51 and am pretty certain I won't work again as this condition has affected me not just physically but psychologically

[QUOTE=red devil;347716]
    Quote Originally Posted by tobyg View Post
    Did you only have one IPL? Aren't you suppose to do them regularly? Otherwise the blood vessels will come back..

I can't imagine giving up work for that long. Were you not allowed to use a fan in your office?[/QUOTe
    I worked on the factory floor which sometimes involved working next to large conveyor ovens.
    I've tried medication in the past but nothing seems to work.
    Over 2 years i gave ipl a go having 6 treatments but to no avail,actually made my face more sensitive to heat.Then after that I had 3 treatements with v beam,again nothing.
    I'm nearly 51 and am pretty certain I won't work again as this condition has affected me not just physically but psychologically
    I know the feeling all too well. I was getting so upset my it, it was affecting my work. I also lived with someone at the time who I now consider a sociopath, who had issues so bad it affected my sleep and stress levels, contributing to the poor mental health I began to suffer.

I ended up losing my job. The firm I worked for was a hard-nosed conservative mindset type of place. I remember flushing badly most days and the managers seemed to think I was some sort of unreliable alcoholic who could not keep it together.

Horrible time. I ended up going self-employed and working from home behind my desk. I started venturing out once I discovered camaflouge tinted moisturisers and the like. I have changed my diet a lot, gotten on meds and started wearing sunscreen a lot.

I also discovered mindfullness, meditation and PDL and IPL.

I've made massive improvements but most of all I've gotten greater control of my mind and I'm much more relaxed. I'm more like the person I was before I made the terrible mistake of moving into a house with someone who was severely mentally unwell and narsisitic. That experience really affected me.
    I'm recovering from Mirvaso-induced skin damage. Ask me about it if you are too.

• Read about my PDL and IPL, with videos.

Try to consult a doctor so that he can understand what the problem is.

Quote Originally Posted by Ontanayala View Post
    Try to consult a doctor so that he can understand what the problem is.
    Oh please...
    I'm recovering from Mirvaso-induced skin damage. Ask me about it if you are too.

• Read about my PDL and IPL, with videos.