Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: what is this?

Default what is this?

Sometimes my cheeks are red, sometimes just my whole head from the neck up I have two pictures one showing me just normal and the other when I have been out in cold all day to hot room. Although thats how I can appear in all situations.

My forehead can get really sore and feel rough to the touch

I dont think I have Rosacea I have always thought im just a flusher and blusher

rsz_100.jpg.ac5a4251b34a2a2ca5c5cec3d4c3880d.jpg

IMG_2913.thumb.JPG.f927581cc881184f6bb2ab25c84d6285.JPG

49947395_956147021258046_3653619938725199872_n.jpg
    Last edited by redattack; 19th January 2019 at 05:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by redattack View Post

I dont think I have Rosacea I have always thought im just a flusher and blusher
    You've just described rosacea subtype 1, also called "stage 1" because for some of us it later progresses to subtype/stage 2, papulopustular rosacea. I've always been a flusher and blusher (I remember being teased as a kid, "she's blushing!!") but when I was in my 20s I developed symptoms of subtype 2 (persistent redness and bumps on the skin) and 4 (eye problems).

I always considered the subtype 1 flushing and blushing pretty harmless, other than occasional embarrassment or unwanted attention/comments/teasing.

Quote Originally Posted by Nadine View Post
    You've just described rosacea subtype 1, also called "stage 1" because for some of us it later progresses to subtype/stage 2, papulopustular rosacea. I've always been a flusher and blusher (I remember being teased as a kid, "she's blushing!!") but when I was in my 20s I developed symptoms of subtype 2 (persistent redness and bumps on the skin) and 4 (eye problems).

I always considered the subtype 1 flushing and blushing pretty harmless, other than occasional embarrassment or unwanted attention/comments/teasing.
    ahh so I do actually have Rosacea?

ahh so I do actually have Rosacea?
    Well I'm not qualified to diagnose you, but flushing and blushing basically is what rosacea subtype 1 consists of.

Have doctors done bloodwork to rule out possible causes, like mast cell disorders, lupus, carcinoid syndrome, etc?

Here is good basic overview of flushing

http://www.clevelandclinicmeded.com/...logy/flushing/

best wishes

redattack,

Internet diagnosis is not a good idea. To understand diagnosis of rosacea better, there are number of posts to consider, but I suggest you start with this one. Just curious, why don't you ask a dermatologist for a diagnosis?
    Brady Barrows
    Blog Join the RRDi

Quote Originally Posted by laser_cat View Post
    Have doctors done bloodwork to rule out possible causes, like mast cell disorders, lupus, carcinoid syndrome, etc?

Here is good basic overview of flushing

http://www.clevelandclinicmeded.com/...logy/flushing/

best wishes
    my ever faithful lasercat :-)

yes ive had 6 types of bloodtests to rule all that out christ knows why I flush like this

Quote Originally Posted by Brady Barrows View Post
    Just curious, why don't you ask a dermatologist for a diagnosis?
    I'm curious about that too. I know that for me, back at the beginning when all I had was flushing and blushing, I didn't think of it as a dermatologic condition. It almost seemed like a vascular system problem, similar to migraine. In general, I have found that the way conventional, Western, allopathic physicians divide up their specialties is counterproductive for conditions of this nature, which seem to be systemic.

But redattack since you're here it seems you're at least considering that rosacea might be the right diagnosis for you, so why not check with a dermatologist? Here in the US some of us avoid doctors because our healthcare system leaves a lot of us without reliable access, but in the UK I would think it wouldn't be too hard to get it checked out and get a diagnosis and plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Nadine View Post
    I'm curious about that too. I know that for me, back at the beginning when all I had was flushing and blushing, I didn't think of it as a dermatologic condition. It almost seemed like a vascular system problem, similar to migraine. In general, I have found that the way conventional, Western, allopathic physicians divide up their specialties is counterproductive for conditions of this nature, which seem to be systemic.

But redattack since you're here it seems you're at least considering that rosacea might be the right diagnosis for you, so why not check with a dermatologist? Here in the US some of us avoid doctors because our healthcare system leaves a lot of us without reliable access, but in the UK I would think it wouldn't be too hard to get it checked out and get a diagnosis and plan.
    yes infact I was just making a doctors appointment to ask to refer me to a derm :-)

yes infact I was just making a doctors appointment to ask to refer me to a derm :-)
    Ah, good luck! Let us know how it goes!