Thread: My rosacea

Default My rosacea

I'm 29 with brown skin and i have rosacea since 3 years.
    At the beginning i had the type 1 then last year i started to develop the type 2 due to a sunburnun sure:

I want to help people with the skin regime i did on myself when i started to develop the type2.

First I went to a dermatologist who gave me Solantra but it didn't work well on me so i stopped it.

I've decided to try natural things... and the best thing i 've used was the seabucktorn oil. I'm putting the pictures so you can see the improvements ( btw i just post one part of my face because my rosacea are localized to this part mostly )

Unfortunately since 1 week i have redness on my cheek and seabucktorn seem to doesnt work. I dont know if its because of spring and allergies... so i'll make an update
    Last edited by AyahK; 21st March 2018 at 06:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AyahK View Post
    I'm 29 with brown skin and i have rosacea since 3 years.
    At the beginning i had the type 1 then last year i started to develop the type 2 due to a sunburnun sure:

I want to help people with the skin regime i did on myself when i started to develop the type2.

First I went to a dermatologist who gave me Solantra but it didn't work well on me so i stopped it.

I've decided to try natural things... and the best thing i 've used was the seabucktorn oil. I'm putting the pictures so you can see the improvements ( btw i just post one part of my face because my rosacea are localized to this part mostly )

Unfortunately since 1 week i have redness on my cheek and seabucktorn seem to doesnt work. I dont know if its because of spring and allergies... so i'll make an update
    Hi, I'm also brown skin (Punjabi). I had acne at ages 16 and 19. Then I was clear till age 47. For the last year I have had a demodex problem. It wasn't diagnosed till 10 months after the problem started ie Oct 2017. I was given Soolantra, which seems to have worked. But I couldn't totally get rid of the demodex. So I used Sulphur 10% soap. This dried out my skin a lot. In fact, my skin reacted to it after about 6 days of use. I am just coming out of that reaction now - loads of dry skin now peeling off. I have not used Soolantra today. My skin feels soft and smooth and free of unnecessary grease!!! There are still a a few white heads but these seem to be drying (4 or 5). Will keep you posted.

But .... Sulphur soap, if used sparingly, should get rid of the oiliness. I would suggest using it one day on and three days off to allow your skin to get used to it. Also a spot test to control any allergic reaction. And if you do use it, I would suggest washing only the affected area in order to get rid of the oil in problem areas and also to minimise any reaction. Hope that helps.

I've also taken to avoiding sugar, dairy, alcohol and yeast completely. So no bread, no gluten, milk etc. I am also taking a probiotic. My diet is veggie anyway but I do now try hard to have fresh salad and fruit as well as the daal, sabjis, chana, rajma etc. A weakened immune system makes you vulnerable to demodex. I am not sure if that is your problem but gut health generally has an impact on your skin.

There is another poster here - RED RECLUSE - who recommends ZZ Cream. I tried it around 10 days ago but I found it very very drying. So at the moment I am not using it. He has had spectacular results with it. It seems to kill the demodex. But it is harsh. Your skin seems pretty good - ZZ may be too extreme. Read RED RECLUSE's thread, it is full of interesting insights into the demodex infestation. Good luck.
    Last edited by KSD69; 21st March 2018 at 05:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KSD69 View Post
    There is another poster here - RED RECLUSE - who recommends ZZ Cream. I tried it around 10 days ago but I found it very very drying. So at the moment I am not using it. He has had spectacular results with it. It seems to kill the demodex. But it is harsh. Your skin seems pretty good - ZZ may be too extreme. Read RED RECLUSE's thread, it is full of interesting insights into the demodex infestation. Good luck.
    Did you order your ZZ cream directly from Demodex Solutions?
    How I was cured from Demodectic / Demodex Rosacea (Types 1 & 2 & nearing 3), Seborrhoeic Dermatitis and Eczema

Got a smartphone? Then please post a non-revealing pic of your face/skin to www.imgur.com, instead of using walls of text to describe it to us. It may be the best thing you've ever done!

Quote Originally Posted by RedRecluse View Post
    I got mine from Demodex.co.uk

Hello,

Thank you for your message and tips !!! My skin is already very dry... so i now i can just use some types of oil ( calophyle knows at tamanu and Sibu oil ).

And for the demodex i'm not really sure i have this issue. I think its from the sun who destroy my natural protection / barrier on my skin ...

But for sure i have digestive issue ( i have lactose intolerance and gluten ).

Now im just using calendula cleanser from Khiel's, aloe vera and oils.

I took probiotics but it doesnt seem to work, i'll try again !

Quote Originally Posted by RedRecluse View Post

Quote Originally Posted by KSD69 View Post
    Is Demodex.co.uk a legit site for ZZ cream. It's much more expensive with shipping to to the UK from http://www.demodexsolutions.com.