Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Lutein appears to be a miracle cure !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by asm View Post
    Hi also i have eye problem i just do injections in my eyelid because i got blepharit on it (due to my skin condition “rosacea”)none of the ophthalmologist i visited me told about this supplement.
    Canola oil isn’t the oil we use for cooking especially frying?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes I'm talking about the usual canola oil you may find at the groceries store. The reason why I take canola oil is that studies show that lutein is better absorbed by the body when you take it with some fat food:

«For example, the consumption of fat (in the form of a salad dressing, cooking oil such as extra virgin olive oil, or whole eggs) at the same meal as carotenoid intake (e.g., a raw vegetable salad or cooked vegetables) has been shown to effectively increase the absorption of some carotenoids»

source: www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5331551/
    Last edited by Marcello; 21st March 2018 at 03:13 PM.

Default report after 2 weeks

It's been two (2) weeks now since I started to take Lutein/zeaxanthin (10 mg). I have had in the last few days a couple of « very tiny» bumps, which were gone the day after. This can't be compared at all to my previous situation. I can't claim to have a total remission, but the improvement is so great, that I will be the happiest men on earth if things stay as they are.

I would greatly appreciate to know if some of you have started to take this supplement and how your skin reacts. In my case, the improvement was noticeable very quickly.

Good luck to all.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcello View Post
    It's been two (2) weeks now since I started to take Lutein/zeaxanthin (10 mg). I have had in the last few days a couple of « very tiny» bumps, which were gone the day after. This can't be compared at all to my previous situation. I can't claim to have a total remission, but the improvement is so great, that I will be the happiest men on earth if things stay as they are.

I would greatly appreciate to know if some of you have started to take this supplement and how your skin reacts. In my case, the improvement was noticeable very quickly.

Good luck to all.
    Happy to hear that,hope things stays well as you expect to be.
    I just started taking them yesterday was my first time .
    How much do take per day?

Quote Originally Posted by asm View Post
    Happy to hear that,hope things stays well as you expect to be.
    I just started taking them yesterday was my first time .
    How much do take per day?

Only one per day (10 mg). Let me know how you react to it!

I got 10mg lutein 2mg zeaxanthin in the supplement.

Hi Marcello, Congratulations on your success! It's so great when we get some relief from this skin condition.

I'm wondering though - did you start the canola oil when you started the Lutein? I ask because I've noticed that people with rosacea often find some relief when taking certain oils. Borage, flaxseed, evening primrose oil, etc. This has been my case recently. I started taking flaxseed oil in capsule form - several a day - I'd say anywhere from 4-7 1000 mg capsules of Jarrow's brand flaxseed oil. I also have read on this forum and elsewhere that people who take the oil in tablespoon form have done really well - because they're getting more.

It's made me start wondering if certain oils help our condition because the oil is in a sense moisturizing, soothing and coating our skin from the inside. I cant remember where I read it now - but I read where some skin doctor mentioned that the internal oil you're taking helps plug up our damaged skin barriers - essentially filling the holes.

What I've noticed is that my skin is lighter and just feels very well moisturized and pillowy - versus that awful dry burny skin feeling.

It hasn't taken rosacea away - I'm probably not taking much either - but it's helping enough that I'm thinking about buying the liquid kind to take as a tablespoon or two. Also I might try evening primrose oil as well. But I kind of thing it's just the oil itself - granted you wanted a healthy one - but I think it's the format that helps the most.

Anywho, that's why I asked about the canola oil. I've also tried a similar Lutein supplement and didn't have success with it the way I have with flaxseeed.

Default Reply to hg24

Yes, I started to take canola oil at the same time in order to increase lutein's absorption (see one of my previous post on this thread), but I was already taking omega 3 supplement before I started the lutein, without any relief.

I honestly would be very surprised that canola oil is responsible for what is happening to me, apart from the fact that it helps the lutein and zeaxanthin to be absorbed by my body. Given the fact that lutein and zeaxanthin are strong antioxydants, I think that they just block the oxydative process of the free radicals that could be responsible for my rosacea.

By the way, did you take your lutein with some fat food (like canola oil) at the time? If not, it could explain that it wasn't well absorbed by your body. Moreover, it seems that lutein is more effective when coupled with zeaxanthin. Hope it answers your question.
    Last edited by Marcello; 23rd March 2018 at 07:32 PM.

Here is the lutein/zeaxanthin product I'm ta https://www.jamiesonvitamins.com/pro...-anti-oxidants

Nutrient Information:
    Lutein (Tagetes erecta L, flower) 10 mg
    Zeaxanthin 500 mcg (Tagetes erecta L, flower)
    Grape Seed (30:1) extract 25 mg (Vitis vinifera, seed) equivalent to 750 mg raw herb, standardized to 80% proanthocyanidins
    Ginkgo biloba (55:1) extract 40 mg (Ginkgo biloba, leaf) equivalent to 2,200 mg raw herb
    Bilberry (4:1) extract 25 mg (Vaccinium myrtillus, fruit) equivalent to 100 mg raw herb
    Green Tea 3 mg (Camellia sinensis, leaf) Standardized to 40% polyphenols, 30% total catechins,15% EGCG, 10% caffeine

You may also take the extra-strenght version: https://www.jamiesonvitamins.com/pro...ith-zeaxanthin

Nutrient Information :
    Lutein (Tagetes erecta L., flower) 20 mg
    Zeaxanthin 1,000 mcg
    (Tagetes erecta L., flower)

Default Thanks - this supplement helped my tear glands work after occular rosacea!

Marcello,

Thank you so very much for posting the original article in this thread!

4 days ago I started taking a Lutein (10 mg) + Zeaxanthin (2 mg) supplement to help my meibomian glands and eyelids recover from inflammation caused by occular rosacea / blepharitis demodex. There are a number of articles on the web with doctors recommending Lutein+Zeaxanthin+Omega 3 supplements for blepharitis patients to reduce the lid inflammation.

I had blepharitis demodex / occular rosacea for many years as it was misdiagnosed as "allergic conjunctivitis". Treatment with oral ivermectin and oral metronidazole finally cleared up the demodex infestation. But my lids were still swollen with the meibomian glands not functioning very well.

Its amazing! My meibomian glands are making the oily tear film much more easily now. And my eyelids feel and look less swollen. My vision seems much sharper as well. Having a working oily tear film really helps the eyes!
    Last edited by ElaineA; 24th March 2018 at 10:56 PM.

Default Reply to ElaineA

I'm so happy for you Elaine. And your results came out after a very short delay ! I hope that others will report good news too. GLTA