Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Lutein appears to be a miracle cure !!!!

After just four days I am seeing amazing results. I have suffered with palpular rosacea for twenty years, two to ten spots per day are the norm for me. I have had various success with low dose accutane, tea tree oil every topical that has ever been written about on these boards, though none come close to the results that I have seen so far. I'm taking puritans pride 20mg I'm taking two per day.
    I am experiencing slightly dry lips, though nothing like as extreme as accutane. I'll report back in a week, I'm already thinking of reducing the dose to 20mg.
    Good luck to anyone else who tries this.

Its very comforting to see there's options and ways out of this rosacea thingy , I wish you all the best of luck with it . Keep the thread alive. I am going to join you guys with taking the supplement as soon as I can get my hands on it (currently in thailand ) and I can't really find it in the pharmacies here.much love

Default So happy for you

Quote Originally Posted by GolfisGreat View Post
    After just four days I am seeing amazing results. I have suffered with palpular rosacea for twenty years, two to ten spots per day are the norm for me. I have had various success with low dose accutane, tea tree oil every topical that has ever been written about on these boards, though none come close to the results that I have seen so far. I'm taking puritans pride 20mg I'm taking two per day.
    I am experiencing slightly dry lips, though nothing like as extreme as accutane. I'll report back in a week, I'm already thinking of reducing the dose to 20mg.
    Good luck to anyone else who tries this.
    I'm so glad to see that it works well for others too. I wish many will report their own results. Best of luck to all of you.

Marcello

been on and off Accutane for years usually 5mg/10mg daily. Last time last August. Still have some problems with oily skin/large pores, pimples.
    Bought a supplement that has 10mg Lutein, 1mg Zen. in it, next to Vitamin, Omega and other stuff. I might take two a day.
    Could this actually help against oily skin? Does this actually have some side effects or intolerance to it?
    Last edited by opare; 28th May 2019 at 10:29 AM.

Default Lutein Update

I have been taking 40mg/day for slightly over three months. Unfortunately I canít offer a definitive conclusion because this is not the only thing I am doing, but I have had some amazing results lately with my Type 2. I definitely did not have the instant reaction from the Lutein that some people describe, but about a month into taking it I noticed that breakouts were rare. I am also taking Spironolactone and Oracea, but I had been taking these for many months before. The only other new thing I added was a compounded ďtriple creamĒ a dermatologist suggested that is soolantra, finacea, and metrogel. I donít think this was what started the improvement but I do think it has helped as a preventive and made my skin smoother.

So I canít say for sure what Lutein has done, but it hasnít seemed to hurt and I think it has helped with breakouts and oil production. It might be a combination of the things since they werenít working as well before I added the last two.

Default reply to Opare

Quote Originally Posted by opare View Post
    been on and off Accutane for years usually 5mg/10mg daily. Last time last August. Still have some problems with oily skin/large pores, pimples.
    Bought a supplement that has 10mg Lutein, 1mg Zen. in it, next to Vitamin, Omega and other stuff. I might take two a day.
    Could this actually help against oily skin? Does this actually have some side effects or intolerance to it?
    I had Accutane treatment in the past too. Lutein/zeaxanthin will certainly help you with your oily skin, but it won't happen overnight. As I mentionned a few months ago in a previous post, my skin, started to be much less oily after a few months of treatment and I still benefit from this great improvement today. Be patient. This product really works and it works even better after a certain period of time. Good luck to you.

Default Reply to Chai

Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    I have been taking 40mg/day for slightly over three months. Unfortunately I canít offer a definitive conclusion because this is not the only thing I am doing, but I have had some amazing results lately with my Type 2. I definitely did not have the instant reaction from the Lutein that some people describe, but about a month into taking it I noticed that breakouts were rare. I am also taking Spironolactone and Oracea, but I had been taking these for many months before. The only other new thing I added was a compounded ďtriple creamĒ a dermatologist suggested that is soolantra, finacea, and metrogel. I donít think this was what started the improvement but I do think it has helped as a preventive and made my skin smoother.

So I canít say for sure what Lutein has done, but it hasnít seemed to hurt and I think it has helped with breakouts and oil production. It might be a combination of the things since they werenít working as well before I added the last two.
    Glad you have had some amazing results lately. I'm pretty sure that lutein/Zeaxanthin helped you a lot. Make sure you take some fat food (like canola oil) when you take the product as it helps to get better absorption. I was using Soolantra when I started my lutein intake, but stopped to use it during the same week. Never took it again. The only thing that can explain my results is my lutein/Zeaxanthin treatment. Good luck to you.

is it possible to break out like crazy from this? Either that or its the high dose painpills :/

Any success for rosacea subtype 1 with this ?

Quote Originally Posted by andydoyle View Post
    Any success for rosacea subtype 1 with this ?
    There hasn't been as much success with phenotype 1 or phenotype 2 with this treatment. I have noticed that it appears to help a little with phenotype 4 since it appears to dry up my skin a bit. Wouldn't it be an incredible idea if about 10K Rosaceans got together, each donating $1, and decided to do a clinical study on this treatment and hire some reputable clinicians who did a double blind, placebo controlled, peer reviewed paper to completely figure out if this treatment works for rosacea or not? Of course, getting together 10K rosaceans who can agree on something like this would be a miracle in itself. The other option is for the 10K members to vote on what clinical study should be funded if this treatment isn't what they all want accomplished. Basically you have to rely on anecdotal reports in this thread about this treatment and try it yourself to see if it works for you.
    Brady Barrows
    Join the RRDi