Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
Results 121 to 130 of 130

Thread: Lutein appears to be a miracle cure !!!!

  1. #121
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    24

    Default One year after

    Hello everyone,

    Itís been a year now since I started this thread about lutein/zeaxanthin . At that time, I was only beginning to take this product, but already knew it had a very strong impact on my rosacea. Where am I with this product one year after? Well I can confirm it is absolutely the miracle cure I thought it was. While I had one to three new papules every each day before the treatment, I now have a couple of it per month and very small ones! Sometimes, I can even stay free of any papule for more than a month. I talked about this discovery with every health professional Iíve met since then, and all of them were very interested by it. One of them is a researcher in Montreal and told me he would take a closer look to this product.

    I sincerely hope many people will try it. Itís a relatively cheap treatment with no side effects (at least not for me). I would also suggest to be patient with this product as I realized it became more effective after a few months.

    Good luck to all.

  2. #122
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    15

    Default

    Have you tried other brands of lutein? Jamieson is very expensive.

  3. #123
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    24

    Default Reply to Karen: the brand I'm using

    Quote Originally Posted by Karen m.s. View Post
    Have you tried other brands of lutein? Jamieson is very expensive.
    I don't take Jamieson anymore. For many months now, I've been using Natural Factors Lutein/zeaxanthin 40 mg. It comes with 60 sofgels, so it's good for two months. It costs $27 canadian dollars, so probably less in the USA. At approximatly $10 US dollars per month, it's not an expensive treatment.
    Last edited by Marcello; 11th March 2019 at 04:54 PM.

  4. #124
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    15

    Default

    Thank you for the info!

  5. #125
    Senior Member Brady Barrows's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Honolulu, HI, USA
    Posts
    4,623

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marcello View Post
    Hello everyone,

    Itís been a year now since I started this thread about lutein/zeaxanthin . At that time, I was only beginning to take this product, but already knew it had a very strong impact on my rosacea. Where am I with this product one year after? Well I can confirm it is absolutely the miracle cure I thought it was. While I had one to three new papules every each day before the treatment, I now have a couple of it per month and very small ones! Sometimes, I can even stay free of any papule for more than a month. I talked about this discovery with every health professional Iíve met since then, and all of them were very interested by it. One of them is a researcher in Montreal and told me he would take a closer look to this product.

    I sincerely hope many people will try it. Itís a relatively cheap treatment with no side effects (at least not for me). I would also suggest to be patient with this product as I realized it became more effective after a few months.

    Good luck to all.
    Thanks Marcello for reporting back and updating us on your progress. There hasn't been a huge following of users reporting as much success (as the new horse paste has had huge success) as you have had and I have been taking Puritan's Pride 40mg of Lutein with 1600 mcg of Zeaxanth probably close to a year myself and include it with daily regimen of vitamins and minerals and also list it in the RRDi post about nutritional deficiencies in rosacea as well as a post on your experience. I do think it helps but it has not given me the clearance you are experiencing. There are some in this thread you started who have reported some success.
    Brady Barrows
    Join the RRDi

  6. #126
    Senior Member Brady Barrows's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Honolulu, HI, USA
    Posts
    4,623

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marcello View Post
    I don't take Jamieson anymore. For many months now, I've been using Natural Factors Lutein/zeaxanthin 40 mg. It comes with 60 sofgels, so it's good for two months. It costs $27 canadian dollars, so probably less in the USA. At approximatly $10 US dollars per month, it's not an expensive treatment.
    And thanks for updating us on your increase from 10 mg which you mentioned in your first post to 40 mg of Lutein.

    Question, Marcello. Do you eat/drink a lot of sugar/carbohydrate? Just curious, since if I increase my sugar/carbohydrate, I will break out with rosacea, particularly pimples and redness around the zits.
    Brady Barrows
    Join the RRDi

  7. #127
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    14
    Country: Sweden

    Default Starting Lutein

    Hi everyone, been following this thread with great interest and as from today i will start taking Lutein, bought the same one as mentioned by some of you 40 mg. Will try and remember to keep you posted about me experiences!

  8. #128
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    66

    Default

    Iím about 3 weeks in. No real difference yet, and actually breaking out more, but I admit that might be poor eating during travel

  9. #129
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    219
    Country: UK

    Default

    If you are taking Lutein, take it with a healthy fat, like coconut oil, an avocado or some peanut butter as part of your morning smoothie, for example. It helps absorption.
    I'm recovering from Mirvaso-induced skin damage. Ask me about it if you are too.


  10. #130
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    24

    Default E

    Quote Originally Posted by Brady Barrows View Post
    And thanks for updating us on your increase from 10 mg which you mentioned in your first post to 40 mg of Lutein.

    Question, Marcello. Do you eat/drink a lot of sugar/carbohydrate? Just curious, since if I increase my sugar/carbohydrate, I will break out with rosacea, particularly pimples and redness around the zits.
    Hi Brady,

    I don't take much sugar or carbohydrate since a couple of weeks, not because of my rosacea, but because a doctor recently told me that my blood sugar level was a little bit high. So I'm more careful about it, but only since I got my blood test results, couple of weeks ago.

    I really don't experience any beak out anymore and as I mentionned many months ago, I've stopped using Soolantra (which we call Rosiver, here in Canada). Since I really never changed my diet, it's clear to me that Lutein/Zeaxanthin is the only thing that can explain what happened to me during the last year, specially that the symptoms of my rosacea started to decline only a few days after I started to take it.

    As another poster pointed out it's important to take some fat food to increase Lutein absorbtion. I take a tablespoon of canola oil with each Lutein/Zeaxanthin sofgel (one per day every morning).

    Good luck to all.
    Last edited by Marcello; 17th March 2019 at 03:56 PM.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 5th July 2017, 04:30 PM
  2. Lutein
    By mrsmoof in forum Topical and oral products (non-prescription)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 21st December 2011, 06:51 PM
  3. nitric oxide and lutein??
    By dryfairskin in forum General rosacea questions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 20th September 2011, 05:47 PM
  4. Bit of a minor miracle.Well...huge miracle actually!
    By squirrelgirl6 in forum General rosacea questions
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 4th June 2011, 06:37 PM
  5. blemish be gone - miracle cure duo???
    By moomy in forum Topical and oral products (non-prescription)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 28th March 2011, 03:16 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •