Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: pressure/swollen on face

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlett Jones View Post
    Hi,

I went to my primary doctor.....we talked about clonidine, clonazepam, amitriptyline/ketamine ointment and oracea. She was going to prescribe me clonidine, but in the end we decided for me to try oracea first. BUT my insurance will not cover it. She ended up prescribing my 50 mg. of doxycycline hyclate. However, after doing research online about the difference between that and oracea, I don't think that is going to work for me. I just got my acid reflux under control, so I don't even want to try it because it could mess up my gut flora. I can appeal it with my insurance company if I want to, but they may "force me" to try the doxy first. I think what I'm going to do is see if she can prescribe me 20mg of the doxy for me to take twice a day. Has anyone tried that? From what I read, that does help with inflammation, but I really don't want the antibiotics part of it.
    I heard about metrogel, but I didn't pay any attention to it because I didn't think it would work for me, but now that I know that it is a antibiotic, I think it might work for me. I would like to read about it on this forum does anyone knows of a good thread to read about it? If I do decide to get it, I will try one or the other so I know which one is helping me. Years ago (and by years I mean about 30) my dermatologist prescribed me akne mycin and I do remember it soothing my chin, but my needs are different now. Not sure if metrogel is similar to akne mycin or not.
    My doctor said she would research the amitriptyline ointment and let me know when I see her again in 4 months. She would not prescribe me clonazepam-only for people with high anxiety.

For some reason, my flushing, odd sensations, etc has calmed down, especially the flushing. There are a couple of things that have changed in my life; one is I quit taking tamoxifen, which I've noticed a difference in other ways as well. I'm not walking my dogs in the freezing cold and then coming into the warm room. I'm avoiding the sun and strenuous exercise. I now use cotton wipes to remove my makeup as opposed to microfiber cloth. My diet is the same, in fact, it has gotten worse....eating everything.........I need to get that under control for general health reasons. My job stress level is still the same.
    may I ask for an update Scarlett? How are you doing today?

Quote Originally Posted by opare View Post
    may I ask for an update Scarlett? How are you doing today?
    About the same-my face tingles and I feel pressure almost all the time, so it has become the norm. Sometimes I experience pain around my jaw line. When that happens I put a cool compress on my jaw line only. My face itches particularly underneath my right eye and inside nose. I try to ignore it and just deal with it. Not doing anything special. Just washing face with Cetaphil, using sunscreen with zinc, wearing and removing makeup. Removing makeup probably does make it worse, but I like wearing makeup. I don't think it has gotten worse.
    Thanks for asking.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlett Jones View Post
    About the same-my face tingles and I feel pressure almost all the time, so it has become the norm. Sometimes I experience pain around my jaw line. When that happens I put a cool compress on my jaw line only. My face itches particularly underneath my right eye and inside nose. I try to ignore it and just deal with it. Not doing anything special. Just washing face with Cetaphil, using sunscreen with zinc, wearing and removing makeup. Removing makeup probably does make it worse, but I like wearing makeup. I don't think it has gotten worse.
    Thanks for asking.
    Thank you, so Oracea did not help? Or at least it didnt get worse?