Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cheap Effective Oral Treatment for Demodex Mites (rosacea, acne, blepharitis demodex)

Quote Originally Posted by rednessator View Post
    Where can I get oral ivermectine online? My GP refuses because he has never prescribed it before, and my derm is such a tool I donít wanna see him again...
    Change both GP and Derm to people you can trust and with whom you are confident have your best interests at heart.

Quote Originally Posted by johnabetts View Post
    Change both GP and Derm to people you can trust and with whom you are confident have your best interests at heart.
    I agree, try a different doctor. Try to find one who knows how to test for demodex skin mites. Ask that question when making the appointment. It is best to be under medical supervision when taking prescription drugs in case of an allergic reaction. You should not drink alcohol while taking Metronidazole and for 72 hours after finishing the last tablet.

Try taking a copy of the May 2013 article from the Journal of Infectious diseases with you to show the doctor. Here's the current link: https://www.sciencedirect.com/scienc...0197121201315X
    If that link doesn't work, try Googling the full name: Evaluation of the efficacy of oral ivermectin in comparison with ivermectinĖmetronidazole combined therapy in the treatment of ocular and skin lesions of Demodex folliculorum

Both of the oral drugs, oral ivermectin and oral metronidazole are on the world wide health organizations list of essential medicines. Both drugs have been around for many years and have a good overall safety record. Ivermectin was introduced in 1975, Metronidazole (Flagyl) was introduced in the early 1960's.

The first 4 dermatologists that I had between 1983-2006 misdiagnosed my skin issues as bacterial acne. They never ran one test to find out why all the different antibiotics they tried never cleared the infection. After I had the oral treatment I visited a new dermatologist to find out if I was a good candidate for IPL treatment. My 5th dermatologist knew about the treatment and how to test for demodex. He commented to his colleague that "this treatment is like a miracle when it works." They are out there.

Problem is nobody wants to test for demodex 😔

Problem is nobody wants to test for demodex ��
    If you're in the UK, you can get the Soolantra cream through an official pharmacy, through an online tickbox consultation:
    https://www.pharmacy2u.co.uk/soolantra.html

I find that Zhongzhou cream is much better than Soolantra cream and you don't need a prescription for that:
    http://www.demodexsolutions.com/zhon...t-zz-cream.asp

95% of adults have demodex mites according to studies, so the main question is - are they affecting your rosacea. So you may as well try the relevant treatments to see if they help you.

I'm not aware of any dermatologists testing for demodex mites in the UK. I'm sure there must be some - anyone who knows who they are please do tell us.

Iím well informed on the antidemodectic treatments out there, but I wanted to try the big guns
    Fortunately my GP turned after talking to a derm, so took my first oral ivermectin dose on Friday night. Still have not felt much!
    How did the treatment results progress for you, Elaine? Did you experience die-off?

I’m well informed on the antidemodectic treatments out there, but I wanted to try the big guns
    Fortunately my GP turned after talking to a derm, so took my first oral ivermectin dose on Friday night. Still have not felt much!
    How did the treatment results progress for you, Elaine? Did you experience die-off?
    Oh yes, there were die offs -). I seem to remember that it was several days before this became visible - possibly around 3-6 days. I didn't keep track of the exact amount of time between the dose and the die off. I also was taking the combined 2 drug treatment so that could have impacted the time to first die off as well. It may take some time after the mites die for the pustules to rise to the surface and become visible.

Are you doing 2 doses a week apart? If I remember correctly, I had dies offs here and there for about 2 weeks after the second dose. You have to kill off the adults with the first dose, wait a week. The second dose will kill off mites from any eggs that hatched after the last batch of adults died. The goal with the second dose is to kill the nymph mites while they are still juveniles and haven't started breeding yet. None of the drugs kill the eggs.

I also used tea tree oil cleanser, Clirdex wipes, and hypochlorous Acid spray on face and eyes twice a day during the drug treatment and for 2 weeks after (just to be sure they were dead). I used the topicals to kill off any mites that were still staggering around after the oral drugs kicked in. The only good demodex skin mite is a dead one!

I hope this works really well for you! I'm still clear after 15+ months.
    Last edited by ElaineA; 27th May 2019 at 12:42 AM.

Thanks, Elaine!
    I have not experienced a massive die-off yet, just a small pustule. Then again, just starting on my third day so... Iím waiting for it with my Hibiscrub that Sejon recommended.

The plan is to take a second dose, yes! Crossing my fingers, and realize this might take some time.

I use topical ivermectin twice a day, on my eyelids as well, to make sure no mite can move on the battlefield without getting wounded. This is a war

Quote Originally Posted by ElaineA View Post
    Oh yes, there were die offs -). I seem to remember that it was several days before this became visible - possibly around 3-6 days. I didn't keep track of the exact amount of time between the dose and the die off. I also was taking the combined 2 drug treatment so that could have impacted the time to first die off as well. It may take some time after the mites die for the pustules to rise to the surface and become visible.

Are you doing 2 doses a week apart? If I remember correctly, I had dies offs here and there for about 2 weeks after the second dose. You have to kill off the adults with the first dose, wait a week. The second dose will kill off mites from any eggs that hatched after the last batch of adults died. The goal with the second dose is to kill the nymph mites while they are still juveniles and haven't started breeding yet. None of the drugs kill the eggs.

I also used tea tree oil cleanser, Clirdex wipes, and hypochlorous Acid spray on face and eyes twice a day during the drug treatment and for 2 weeks after (just to be sure they were dead). I used the topicals to kill off any mites that were still staggering around after the oral drugs kicked in. The only good demodex skin mite is a dead one!

I hope this works really well for you! I'm still clear after 15+ months.
    Hi Elaine

How did you find taking the oral metronidazole? To me, this caused some nausea and itching. It seems a necessary but not necessarily pleasant part of the treatment protocol - there are quite a lot of negative reports out there about oral metronidazole.

Quote Originally Posted by antwantsclear View Post
    Hi Elaine

How did you find taking the oral metronidazole? To me, this caused some nausea and itching. It seems a necessary but not necessarily pleasant part of the treatment protocol - there are quite a lot of negative reports out there about oral metronidazole.
    I didn't have any problems or side effects from the oral Metronidazole. For me it just worked. It is an anti-parasitic drug as well as a special type of antibiotic. I did always take it after eating and never on an empty stomach.

Default Just beginning this treatment and following along closely!

Hi everyone,
    Thanks to ElaineA's many posts about this treatment, I was able to convince my dermatologist to give it a go. I took my first dose of oral ivermectin today and will pick up the oral metro tomorrow to begin a 2-week course. I admit I am nervous about side effects, as both my doc and the pharmacist warned me that I could have bad headaches and GI issues from this regimen. I've had such terrible type 2 symptoms for over two years now, with no relief from diet changes, antibiotics, or topicals, that I'm willing to at least try this for the next 2-4 weeks (my ivermectin prescription is for one 12 mg dose every week for 4 weeks) and see if it works. If it does nothing I will be no worse off, and it seems based on the study ElaineA posted that it's at least possible that it could have some effect.

I will keep you all posted with my progress. Those of you who are also undergoing this treatment, please keep sharing your experiences as well!

Thanks everyone!