Thread: Skin treatment (face) after ipl treatment

Default Skin treatment (face) after ipl treatment

What would be the best skin treatment after Ipl treatment...i know sunscreen (50+) is very important. but does anybody know how long you really have to put the sunscreen on your face so you can say your skin is heald. i know some people say the skin needs 1 month to heal. others say you must put on sunscreen for several month after the treatment. how long (days / weeks / month ) should you stay away from the sun ? what does it mean stay away from the sun ? when you walk around in the city with sunscreen...is it dangereous for the skin ? i mean it's difficult to stay away from the sun for several month. i don't mean sunbathing...just having the sun when going to work for example.

Quote Originally Posted by samoht View Post
    What would be the best skin treatment after Ipl treatment...i know sunscreen (50+) is very important. but does anybody know how long you really have to put the sunscreen on your face so you can say your skin is heald. i know some people say the skin needs 1 month to heal. others say you must put on sunscreen for several month after the treatment. how long (days / weeks / month ) should you stay away from the sun ? what does it mean stay away from the sun ? when you walk around in the city with sunscreen...is it dangereous for the skin ? i mean it's difficult to stay away from the sun for several month. i don't mean sunbathing...just having the sun when going to work for example.
    I've not had IPL but I would image after treatment your skin becomes particularly photosenstive.

You should be wearing sun screen for the rest of oyur life when out in the daylight regardless of IPL.

I am fine in the sun since I always sun screen but what I do not do is sunbathe, for example. The sun is out all year round, including winter. It may not be warm always, but UV light is always present; that's what causes the skin damage and subsequent aging.
    I'm recovering from Mirvaso-induced skin damage. Ask me about it if you are too.

• Read about my PDL and IPL, with videos.