Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: no alcohol flushing after taking gaviscon before drinking

How long do find the effects of Gaviscon stopping flushing last for.

Quote Originally Posted by boris View Post
    not yet , had a derm appointment this week but couldnt get there due to snow ! having to rearrange it now ...

anti flushing meds is something im going to push for when i do finally see someone
    Hi,

I'm going to pick mine up today so I will let you know how I get on with them.

Quote Originally Posted by redtere View Post
    How long do find the effects of Gaviscon stopping flushing last for.
    i would say at least 6 hours

tried doing a combo of a zantec tablet this morning ( 9 am ) then a slug of gaviscon ( 12 am ) before hitting the pub today - ive worked all weekend so dont judge me , its my day off !

as usual this seems to have worked for me , had a little bit of the usual tickle around my nose but no flushing at all - this is a major breakthrough for me !!!

anybody else tried this yet ?

sarbear , what tablets did you get ?

Extraordinary!

I've gotten my flushing under control by keeping a food diary and identifying triggering foods. I also take Apple Cider Vinegar daily. I too see a gut problem in all this.

It's funny that the doctors never mention any of this. What planet are they on?
    I'm recovering from Mirvaso-induced skin damage. Ask me about it if you are too.

T-Shirt: "Laser skin treatment. That's what it is if you're wondering. Yes, it hurt."

hi all

tried another experiment today that has very positive results !

felt terrible after a full days drinking yesterday but when i woke up my skin was quite calm , not red and blotchy at all ...

had a zantac tablet but no gaviscon this time and then started drinking again - as i type im 3 hours and 5 pints in without flushing , no general redness at all , in fact i look a bit too pale !

its obvious that my problems are gut related , hope you can find some relief and i would urge you to try this !

You might want to look into probiotics if it is gut related.
    I'm recovering from Mirvaso-induced skin damage. Ask me about it if you are too.

T-Shirt: "Laser skin treatment. That's what it is if you're wondering. Yes, it hurt."

sarbear , what tablets did you get ?
    Afternoon , I got Clonidine that I have to take twice a day but I only started them on Saturday. I had 3 small drinks Sunday afternoon but unfortunately got the redness. I think I have read though that they can take a week or so to start working so I'm hoping that they do, I'll let you know how I get on with them.

tried doing a combo of a zantec tablet this morning ( 9 am ) then a slug of gaviscon ( 12 am ) before hitting the pub today - ive worked all weekend so dont judge me , its my day off !

as usual this seems to have worked for me , had a little bit of the usual tickle around my nose but no flushing at all - this is a major breakthrough for me !!!

anybody else tried this yet ?
    I've tried zantac and I think it worked the first few times but then the last time I tried it I got a red face. I haven't tried gaviscon yet though so I will give that a go. Do you find some drinks are worse than others as mine is Prosecco which I'm sooo gutted about as I love it but Bacardi I'm not to bad with? Do you also get flushing from anything else I find that if I'm in a hot room, it flares mine up plus stress? i also know that before I've even got a red face, I'm worrying about getting one so I'm also convinced that if I just chilled out a bit I wouldn't be as bad, it's like a vicious circle.