Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Is there a pomade or clay for longer haircuts that DON'T feed malassezia?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    3
    Country: Great Britain

    Default Is there a pomade or clay for longer haircuts that DON'T feed malassezia?

    Losing my mind here checking https://www.pomades.com looking for one. If they don't contain some type of castor oil they'll have a polysorbate or something like coconut oil, olive oil etc.

    So far I have found this one https://www.amazon.co.uk/Black-White.../dp/B000P1VLLG ingredients are - Petrolatum, synthetic wax (unsure, most waxes are no go though), zinc oxide, amyl cinnamal, citral, citronellol, geraniol, hydroxycitonellal, linalool, limonene, parfum

    Any guys here who use a malassezia safe pomade or clay for longer hairstyles? please share if you do. This is driving me absolutely NUTS. Thanks. Preferably has a strong hold as my hair is rather long (6-7" range on top)

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    150
    Country: Canada

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SDgotohell View Post
    Losing my mind here checking https://www.pomades.com looking for one. If they don't contain some type of castor oil they'll have a polysorbate or something like coconut oil, olive oil etc.

    So far I have found this one https://www.amazon.co.uk/Black-White.../dp/B000P1VLLG ingredients are - Petrolatum, synthetic wax (unsure, most waxes are no go though), zinc oxide, amyl cinnamal, citral, citronellol, geraniol, hydroxycitonellal, linalool, limonene, parfum

    Any guys here who use a malassezia safe pomade or clay for longer hairstyles? please share if you do. This is driving me absolutely NUTS. Thanks. Preferably has a strong hold as my hair is rather long (6-7" range on top)
    Have you checked FC's blog? He lists a "curl keeper control" product under shampoos/conditioners. Might act like a pomade? Here's his blog on malassezia with product suggestions: https://simpleskincarescience.com/pi...lassezia-cure/

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    3
    Country: Great Britain

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Daners View Post
    Have you checked FC's blog? He lists a "curl keeper control" product under shampoos/conditioners. Might act like a pomade? Here's his blog on malassezia with product suggestions: https://simpleskincarescience.com/pi...lassezia-cure/
    Yeah I checked out his blog and all the comments yesterday but unfortunately that won't work. I'm going to try and make my own, will update here. If anyone has an easy to make recipe or has found that ONE pomade that works please let me know. I checked all oil and water based pomades on pomade.com (411 total) and none of them are malassezia safe.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SDgotohell View Post
    Yeah I checked out his blog and all the comments yesterday but unfortunately that won't work. I'm going to try and make my own, will update here. If anyone has an easy to make recipe or has found that ONE pomade that works please let me know. I checked all oil and water based pomades on pomade.com (411 total) and none of them are malassezia safe.

    Did you ever find one? Looking for exactly the same thing myself. Thanks!

  5. #5
    Senior Member Tom Busby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1,493

    Default

    I make a Hair and Scalp treatment that is not a true pomade, but you can do lightweight styling with it, and it adds thickness to hair. It comes in 4 ounce bottles. As compared to a pomade, it is designed to wash out completely and easily.

    Hyaluronic Leave-on Hair Conditioner and Scalp Treatment
    This product is designed for use between shampoos, or for use after shampooing if you have long or thick hair that’s difficult to comb or brush. It’s not just for women, but that’s the primary purpose. Containing climbazole and piroctone olamine, it will fight malassezia and demodex less well than a complete shower but it’s a realistic approach for people who don’t shower and shampoo their hair and scalp every day.
    Label Information: Distilled water, Niacinamide & dl-Panthenol (proVitamins), Olive squalane oil, Glycerin, Sodium hyaluronate, HMW, & Ceramide complex, (hair & skin texture improvement), Piroctone olamine (anti-demodectic), Climbazole (antifungal), Cholecalciferol, Tocophersolan, & Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamins D, E, & A), Caffeine, Sodium carbomer & PEG-8 dimethicone (conditioners), Caffeine, Citric acid, Di-PPG-2 myreth-10 adipate (solubilizer), OptiMSM, Isopropanol, Glyceryl Caprylate, Phenoxyethanol, Benzoic acid, & Dehydroacetic acid (preservatives).
    Sensory qualities:
    • Treats hair and scalp between shampoos, and blends active ingredients into water • Improves hair shine and comb-ability • Prevents dry, frizzy hair, and itchy scalp • Soap-free • Silky after-feel • Color-safe on dyed hair • Thicker, softer hair • Prevents breakage during brushing • perfect 6.0 pH for hair • Fragrance free.

    Contact me at busbylaw@cox.net

    When I tried to make a true pomade, it seemed much too sticky because it took 2-3 showers to wash out, so I dialed it back to a simpler lightweight concept. Wash-ability seems more important than hair styling, but that's just my sense of the issue. This is the only product I make with caffeine as an ingredient.

Similar Threads

  1. Cheap sunscreens that don't feed Malassezia (UK)
    By applecake in forum Similar and co-existing conditions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 26th October 2017, 06:39 AM
  2. Hair Gel/Pomade For Styling Hair with Seborrheic Dermatitis
    By jordan831 in forum Similar and co-existing conditions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 5th April 2017, 07:11 PM
  3. Nizoral Shampoo- malassezia biofilm - Don't know what to do!!!!!
    By Smokey2027 in forum Newbie questions / Introduction
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 7th July 2016, 03:14 AM
  4. Bentonite Clay
    By realgone in forum Topical and oral products (non-prescription)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 22nd January 2012, 02:31 AM
  5. RRDi Research RSS Feed
    By Brady Barrows in forum News, research articles and current affairs
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 14th April 2007, 05:44 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •