Thread: Is there a pomade or clay for longer haircuts that DON'T feed malassezia?

Default Is there a pomade or clay for longer haircuts that DON'T feed malassezia?

Losing my mind here checking https://www.pomades.com looking for one. If they don't contain some type of castor oil they'll have a polysorbate or something like coconut oil, olive oil etc.

So far I have found this one https://www.amazon.co.uk/Black-White.../dp/B000P1VLLG ingredients are - Petrolatum, synthetic wax (unsure, most waxes are no go though), zinc oxide, amyl cinnamal, citral, citronellol, geraniol, hydroxycitonellal, linalool, limonene, parfum

Any guys here who use a malassezia safe pomade or clay for longer hairstyles? please share if you do. This is driving me absolutely NUTS. Thanks. Preferably has a strong hold as my hair is rather long (6-7" range on top)

Quote Originally Posted by SDgotohell View Post
    Losing my mind here checking https://www.pomades.com looking for one. If they don't contain some type of castor oil they'll have a polysorbate or something like coconut oil, olive oil etc.

So far I have found this one https://www.amazon.co.uk/Black-White.../dp/B000P1VLLG ingredients are - Petrolatum, synthetic wax (unsure, most waxes are no go though), zinc oxide, amyl cinnamal, citral, citronellol, geraniol, hydroxycitonellal, linalool, limonene, parfum

Any guys here who use a malassezia safe pomade or clay for longer hairstyles? please share if you do. This is driving me absolutely NUTS. Thanks. Preferably has a strong hold as my hair is rather long (6-7" range on top)
    Have you checked FC's blog? He lists a "curl keeper control" product under shampoos/conditioners. Might act like a pomade? Here's his blog on malassezia with product suggestions: https://simpleskincarescience.com/pi...lassezia-cure/

Quote Originally Posted by Daners View Post
    Have you checked FC's blog? He lists a "curl keeper control" product under shampoos/conditioners. Might act like a pomade? Here's his blog on malassezia with product suggestions: https://simpleskincarescience.com/pi...lassezia-cure/
    Yeah I checked out his blog and all the comments yesterday but unfortunately that won't work. I'm going to try and make my own, will update here. If anyone has an easy to make recipe or has found that ONE pomade that works please let me know. I checked all oil and water based pomades on pomade.com (411 total) and none of them are malassezia safe.

Quote Originally Posted by SDgotohell View Post
    Yeah I checked out his blog and all the comments yesterday but unfortunately that won't work. I'm going to try and make my own, will update here. If anyone has an easy to make recipe or has found that ONE pomade that works please let me know. I checked all oil and water based pomades on pomade.com (411 total) and none of them are malassezia safe.

Did you ever find one? Looking for exactly the same thing myself. Thanks!

I make a Hair and Scalp treatment that is not a true pomade, but you can do lightweight styling with it, and it adds thickness to hair. It comes in 4 ounce bottles. As compared to a pomade, it is designed to wash out completely and easily.

Hyaluronic Leave-on Hair Conditioner and Scalp Treatment
    This product is designed for use between shampoos, or for use after shampooing if you have long or thick hair that’s difficult to comb or brush. It’s not just for women, but that’s the primary purpose. Containing climbazole and piroctone olamine, it will fight malassezia and demodex less well than a complete shower but it’s a realistic approach for people who don’t shower and shampoo their hair and scalp every day.
    Label Information: Distilled water, Niacinamide & dl-Panthenol (proVitamins), Olive squalane oil, Glycerin, Sodium hyaluronate, HMW, & Ceramide complex, (hair & skin texture improvement), Piroctone olamine (anti-demodectic), Climbazole (antifungal), Cholecalciferol, Tocophersolan, & Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamins D, E, & A), Caffeine, Sodium carbomer & PEG-8 dimethicone (conditioners), Caffeine, Citric acid, Di-PPG-2 myreth-10 adipate (solubilizer), OptiMSM, Isopropanol, Glyceryl Caprylate, Phenoxyethanol, Benzoic acid, & Dehydroacetic acid (preservatives).
    Sensory qualities:
    • Treats hair and scalp between shampoos, and blends active ingredients into water • Improves hair shine and comb-ability • Prevents dry, frizzy hair, and itchy scalp • Soap-free • Silky after-feel • Color-safe on dyed hair • Thicker, softer hair • Prevents breakage during brushing • perfect 6.0 pH for hair • Fragrance free.

Contact me at busbylaw@cox.net

When I tried to make a true pomade, it seemed much too sticky because it took 2-3 showers to wash out, so I dialed it back to a simpler lightweight concept. Wash-ability seems more important than hair styling, but that's just my sense of the issue. This is the only product I make with caffeine as an ingredient.