Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Agnus Castus

Quote Originally Posted by sg321 View Post
    Hi Lizzy,

I gather from your posts that your cycle is pretty regular? If so, you may not need the progesterone cream. Regardless, maybe go to a dr who will test your hormone levels via urine or saliva tests. IMO, hormones should not be messed with unless you have tests done that will guide you in the right dosage direction.

Hopefully your flushing has settled down!
    Best wishes!
    Hi sg321 yes I wholeheartedly agree with you I was just curious and couldn't help myself :p (You're right, I'm pretty regular, almost always 28 days..) I was hoping the progesterone might help to counter some of the estrogen which for sure worsens the flushing for me. Probably not the best experiment I have done lol but yes things are fine again now Thanks for checking in!

Quote Originally Posted by laser_cat View Post
    Hi sg321 yes I wholeheartedly agree with you I was just curious and couldn't help myself :p (You're right, I'm pretty regular, almost always 28 days..) I was hoping the progesterone might help to counter some of the estrogen which for sure worsens the flushing for me. Probably not the best experiment I have done lol but yes things are fine again now Thanks for checking in!
    I totally get it as I have been there many times!

Have you looked into Calcium D-Glucarate? It assists with overall liver detox as well as ridding the body of excess estrogen. My dr suggested I try it for better liver function.

BTW, how much EPO do you take? I’m using 1000mg 2x day. Not sure if it’s doing much. I’m primarily taking it for its alleged skin, eye and hair benefits.

I totally get it as I have been there many times!

Have you looked into Calcium D-Glucarate? It assists with overall liver detox as well as ridding the body of excess estrogen. My dr suggested I try it for better liver function.

BTW, how much EPO do you take? I’m using 1000mg 2x day. Not sure if it’s doing much. I’m primarily taking it for its alleged skin, eye and hair benefits.
    Yes my dim supplement has Calcium D-Glucarate, as well as milk thistle, and some other "liver" stuff. Thanks for the tip though!

How long have you been taking EPO? I'm actually not sure how much I take - I take the recommended amount on the bottle (Barlean's .. not obvious how much EPO it is). It probably will take a few months to notice stuff, if you do? I took it in part to help balance hormones but mostly to help relieve me of clonidine lingering side effects -- dry eyes, hair loss, dry skin. (I take fish oil too.) Also my lips have been constantly chapped since teenage years + I am prone to high blood pressure. These things are turning around but I can't say for sure which things have helped + which haven't helped.

Quote Originally Posted by laser_cat View Post
    Yes my dim supplement has Calcium D-Glucarate, as well as milk thistle, and some other "liver" stuff. Thanks for the tip though!

How long have you been taking EPO? I'm actually not sure how much I take - I take the recommended amount on the bottle (Barlean's .. not obvious how much EPO it is). It probably will take a few months to notice stuff, if you do? I took it in part to help balance hormones but mostly to help relieve me of clonidine lingering side effects -- dry eyes, hair loss, dry skin. (I take fish oil too.) Also my lips have been constantly chapped since teenage years + I am prone to high blood pressure. These things are turning around but I can't say for sure which things have helped + which haven't helped.
    I’ve been on EPO for several years (pre-rosacea). Started when I noticed hair loss, only to eventually realize that low ferritin was the hair loss culprit. Stayed on EPO anyway. I guess it’s not hurting, though I wonder if I should take more. I’ve heard that some people successfully take 8g per day for symptoms. That’s why I wonder if my dose of 2g is making a dent.

I also take 2g fish oil but my eyes are still horribly dry with red veins. I’ve struggled with dry eye for years pre-rosacea but nothing helps. I think my dry eye is related to my Graves’ disease. Again, wondering if upping the fish oil dosage would help. I do lid wipes, tried every eye drop under the sun, etc. Oracea gave me only mild relief. Not enough to keep going on it. They say it doesn’t act like an antibiotic, but I just don’t buy it. It’s still 40 mg of an antibiotic.

I had my sex hormones tested during the ovulatory "surge" or whatever (day 14, my least favorite day of the month lol!) My estradiol was on the high side of normal ; was 380 pg / ml and the normal range is 110-410 pg / ml (perhaps that range depends on the lab). I was surprised!! I thought for sure it would have been on the low end -- I have low body fat, small boobs, etc. I'm not sure what this means (if it means anything), or where to go from here, but just thought I'd report lol.

I think my dry eye is related to my Graves’ disease.
    hey sg321 -

I'm wondering if you by chance had any symptoms of Graves before it showed in blood tests? Did your thyroid ache/feel like it was bulging out? My most recent thyroid tests are normal but my thyroid aches quite often :/ Random i know, but i have hypochondriac-tendencies so just thought i'd check! thx.

Hi Laser Cat,

My symptoms were weight loss, insomnia, hair loss, and night sweats. I was diagnosed 18 yrs ago, so I can’t recall any feeling in my actual thyroid, but it’s possible.

Note that the ‘normal’ lab ranges that Dr’s have are not the ‘optimal’ranges. You can look online for the optimal ranges (Google the hormone cure book for charts). Also, Dr’s typically only test TSH levels. You must demand that T4 and T3 be tested as well as they all work in harmony.

To comment on your post about your estrogen levels, my understanding is that you should be tested for both estrogen and progesterone somewhere between days 19 to 22, as the ratio of those two hormone numbers is what’s meaningful.

Hang in there,
    SG

Hi Laser Cat,

My symptoms were weight loss, insomnia, hair loss, and night sweats. I was diagnosed 18 yrs ago, so I can’t recall any feeling in my actual thyroid, but it’s possible.

Note that the ‘normal’ lab ranges that Dr’s have are not the ‘optimal’ranges. You can look online for the optimal ranges (Google the hormone cure book for charts). Also, Dr’s typically only test TSH levels. You must demand that T4 and T3 be tested as well as they all work in harmony.

To comment on your post about your estrogen levels, my understanding is that you should be tested for both estrogen and progesterone somewhere between days 19 to 22, as the ratio of those two hormone numbers is what’s meaningful.

Hang in there,
    SG
    Thank you sg

Quote Originally Posted by ginaisred View Post
    You are right - my iron stores / transferrin saturation is still too low. I can't absorb iron. I think you're right regarding the gut issues too, I have them also. I need to probably put on weight and up the iron stores. Thank you for your advice, I think you are right

My new office is so hot, I have such red cheeks. Apparently in the Summer it is even worse, gah. Fed up of this disease ruining my life
    Have you ever tested or treated for demodex?