Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rozex (gel) experience by BRACEYOURSELF

Quote Originally Posted by BraceYourself View Post
    So basically the active agent, Metronidazole, has little to no (positive) effect on rosacea. Or am I assuming too much?
    My Dad is type 1 with some type 2. He tried Rozex with no benefit either. I have heard very little anecdotal evidence in favor of it, but there are studies showing it reduces lesion counts for type 2s. I hadn't heard it helps with redness or flushing.
    I am predominantly type 2 (p&p), but I do flush, so I minimise hot showers, saunas, spas, never put hot water or steam anywhere near my face.
    When I lived in Japan I would visit the onsen and always get a breakout of papules.
    If you are type 1, I would recommend oxymetazoline 1% cream. This is a vasoconstrictive drugs that prevents flushing.
    I started it yesterday, and it kept me white all day.
    There has been no rebound phenomenon for me.
    I put some on again this morning and expect it will have the same effect.
    1% oxymetazoline is being marketed as Rhofade, but if that is not available in your country you could approach a compounding chemist and request that they make it for you. That's what I did as Rhofade is unavailable here. Only cost me $55.00 AU.

If p&ps are a problem then continue with soolantra, and I would also consider a tetracycline type antibiotic (these interrupt inflammatory pathways leading to papules), finacea cream (prevents release of damaging ROS from immune cells), or a sulphur based cream (unsure of mechanism of action - but sulphur has a long history of treatment in acne and rosacea) such as zz cream or similar.
    Good luck.
    Last edited by type2rosaceaguy; 5th May 2018 at 11:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by type2rosaceaguy View Post
    My Dad is type 1 with some type 2. He tried Rozex with no benefit either. I have heard very little anecdotal evidence in favor of it, but there are studies showing it reduces lesion counts for type 2s. I hadn't heard it helps with redness or flushing.
    I am predominantly type 2 (p&p), but I do flush, so I minimise hot showers, saunas, spas, never put hot water or steam anywhere near my face.
    When I lived in Japan I would visit the onsen and always get a breakout of papules.
    If you are type 1, I would recommend oxymetazoline 1% cream. This is a vasoconstrictive drugs that prevents flushing.
    I started it yesterday, and it kept me white all day.
    There has been no rebound phenomenon for me.
    I put some on again this morning and expect it will have the same effect.
    1% oxymetazoline is being marketed as Rhofade, but if that is not available in your country you could approach a compounding chemist and request that they make it for you. That's what I did as Rhofade is unavailable here. Only cost me $55.00 AU.

If p&ps are a problem then continue with soolantra, and I would also consider a tetracycline type antibiotic (these interrupt inflammatory pathways leading to papules), finacea cream (prevents release of damaging ROS from immune cells), or a sulphur based cream (unsure of mechanism of action - but sulphur has a long history of treatment in acne and rosacea) such as zz cream or similar.
    Good luck.
    Thought so.

Yes, I'm mainly subtype1, with minor subtype4. Twice I took Tetracycline capsules and only the first time 'worked'. They stopped a decent amount of acne production, but had zero effect on rosacea. I read about Rhofade and many people mention that their symptoms do worsen after a few weeks and it all starts with a very positive first impression. You might be better off with your off-brand version, although the active agent is still there like you said. You might want to wait a few more days to make a judgment. Are you making a thread w/ pics? Would be helpful.

All the best.

Quote Originally Posted by BraceYourself View Post
    Thought so.

Yes, I'm mainly subtype1, with minor subtype4. Twice I took Tetracycline capsules and only the first time 'worked'. They stopped a decent amount of acne production, but had zero effect on rosacea. I read about Rhofade and many people mention that their symptoms do worsen after a few weeks and it all starts with a very positive first impression. You might be better off with your off-brand version, although the active agent is still there like you said. You might want to wait a few more days to make a judgment. Are you making a thread w/ pics? Would be helpful.

All the best.
    Yes I have a thread with photos in this forum.
    It's in the prescription medication section titled what worked for me. I will update it on a few days.

Ah, yes. Subscribed to the thread.