Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rozex (gel) experience by BRACEYOURSELF

Post Rozex (gel) experience by BRACEYOURSELF

This can be a thread dedicated to talking solely about ROZEX (gel/cream/emulsion) and our experiences using it. Or if nobody else wants to share their story then I can just post about mine :P.

FYI I couldn't find a thread focused on this medication and it's hard to search for info about it in +50 randomly titled posts, so I hope this makes it less hard.

Personally, I'm starting my use of the Rozex gel (0.75% Metronidazole) tomorrow. From what I've been reading on several websites is that it's a '50/50' drug, but it doesn't ever fully clear symptoms apparently. [I originally wanted to try out more sophisticated drugs such as betablockers and metronidazole tablets. My derm didn't let me due to health concerns. Although I found it kinda hypocritical how he said metronidazole tablets' side effects were bad for your neurons and yet the gel was perfectly fine. Perhaps it was the brand? Flagyl??]

My derm has told me to use Rozex once each morning and to keep using Soolantra once each night (instead of twice a day). Rozex is meant to show results after 3 weeks of use. The thing is that I'm quite sure that by that time I'd have had laser treatment. So my results with Rozex might be significantly skewed. We'll see.
    Last edited by BraceYourself; 7th February 2018 at 03:53 PM.

Default Remarks

The Rozex gel is cold to the touch and it feels quite nice when applying it. The gel form is also better than (Soolantra's) cream because it spreads easier and doesn't at all leave my face greasy. In fact, Rozex seems to be drying it out if anything. Could be a problem over time perhaps. But right now it is fine as it is.

Can't say anything else at this stage though.

Default Mini Update

Okay, so after a few days of use I'm glad it hasn't started an allergic reaction. My face isn't getting notably better or worse, which is to be expected after just 5 days. One fantastic thing that does happen though is that my face pales for about 10 mins after applying the Rozex. That hasn't happened in eons! I think it must be because of the anti-inflammatory chemicals (not Metronidazole) in the gel, which is absorbed very quickly by the skin.

Quote Originally Posted by BraceYourself View Post
    Okay, so after a few days of use I'm glad it hasn't started an allergic reaction. My face isn't getting notably better or worse, which is to be expected after just 5 days. One fantastic thing that does happen though is that my face pales for about 10 mins after applying the Rozex. That hasn't happened in eons! I think it must be because of the anti-inflammatory chemicals (not Metronidazole) in the gel, which is absorbed very quickly by the skin.
    Hi!

I am using Rosex and I find it clicks very well for me. It took about 3-4 weeks for me to start to see results and after that I have been improving over time. Most of all it has made my skin completely smooth now and its not flaking with pimples at all anymore. I think it does reduce redness over time by strengthening the lipid barrier. Its true that it does calm down the face a few minutes after application, I don't remember exactly which ingredient but I know there is one particular that has that effect. I use the cream atm but only in moderation now since I don't want to develop resistance.

Good luck!!
    //V
    Last edited by Violetsareblue; 13th February 2018 at 03:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Violetsareblue View Post
    Hi!

I am using Rosex and I find it clicks very well for me. It took about 3-4 weeks for me to start to see results and after that I have been improving over time. Most of all it has made my skin completely smooth now and its not flaking with pimples at all anymore. I think it does reduce redness over time by strengthening the lipid barrier. Its true that it does calm down the face a few minutes after application, I don't remember exactly which ingredient but I know there is one particular that has that effect. I use the cream atm but only in moderation now since I don't want to develop resistance.

Good luck!!
    //V
    Thanks for sharing your experience, Violetsareblue. If I understood you correctly, you're using the gel form? And how long does it normally take you to empty an entire tube?

All the best.

No improvements with this cream -- everything is negligible.

Results are meant to show after 3 weeks and I haven't seen anything after 3 months. If you have st1+4 rosacea, then I would recommend trying other meds beforehand. Rozex is probably aimed at st2 people, as is everything that's made to combat this disease. C'est la vie.

Did nothing for me too.
    How I was cured from Demodectic / Demodex Rosacea (Types 1 & 2 & nearing 3), Seborrhoeic Dermatitis and Eczema

Got a smartphone? Then please post a non-revealing pic of your face/skin to www.imgur.com, instead of using walls of text to describe it to us. It may be the best thing you've ever done!

Quote Originally Posted by RedRecluse View Post
    Did nothing for me too.
    Me three. The alcohol in the gel just made my papules go from normal red to scarlet red. It had zero positive impact on my condition. Note that I used topical Rozex for 1 month, combined with 500mg daily dose of oral metronidazole for the first 2 weeks.

So basically the active agent, Metronidazole, has little to no (positive) effect on rosacea. Or am I assuming too much?